The Bible Doesn't Teach A Flat Earth

The Theist
TheistardTroll
The Theist's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Bible Doesn't Teach A Flat Earth

Typically in a forum such as this it is expected of me to supply some complex linguistic exploration which is inevedably rejected by a supposed intellectually superior paradigm. It is, as such, from it's conception, a waste of time because the atheist, who is actually intellectually incapable of exploring the possibilities even if they are dictated by their own limited and it must be admitted, mentally and intellectually retarded estimation - without merit or cause or any other - follows only vain cries.

Having said that obvious truth.

The Bible doesn't teach the earth is flat.

A more detailed discourse on the subject depends upon the ignorant response of the idiot atheist.

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's not what she said 

That's not what she said  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkrkaH_V7fE    lol  How's that for an ignorant response? I thought you had left us.  

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Seriously tho, I don't

Seriously tho, I don't personally know of anywhere the bible says the earth is flat.  I think the question people often ask is why didn't they teach, in a time of much ignorance, things like the earth is indeed not flat and other seemingly obvious scientific observations, if they had such divine knowledge?

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
The bible smacks of complete

The bible smacks of complete scientific ignorance because IT IS NOT a science textbook.

It uses the word "pillars" and "firmament", not "atmosphere". And don't quote the fucking bible and say "see see it says "circle", a circle CAN BE FLAT like a disk.

AND again, I don't give one ratts ass about this shit because it still is NOT a science textbook and WILL NEVER justify godsperm or human flesh magically surviving rigor mortis.

There was no virgin birth, humans didn't pop out of dirt or a man's rib. Snakes and donkeys and bushes dont talk. No one turned water into wine or bread into human flesh. THE BIBLE IS A BOOK OF MYTH!

It is a comic book. A very horribly written comic book with a dictator for a head character.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
God said, "Let's see I'll

God said, "Let's see I'll tell every one that the earth is a sphere but I'll confuse them by using terms like "circle" and "tent". This will really confuse the fuck out of them for centuries as everyone knows a circle is a two dimensional object and a sphere is a three dimensional object. HO HO HO HAR HAR HAR. Wait till I tell jesus what I did..."

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:The bible

Brian37 wrote:

The bible smacks of complete scientific ignorance because IT IS NOT a science textbook.

It uses the word "pillars" and "firmament", not "atmosphere". And don't quote the fucking bible and say "see see it says "circle", a circle CAN BE FLAT like a disk.

AND again, I don't give one ratts ass about this shit because it still is NOT a science textbook and WILL NEVER justify godsperm or human flesh magically surviving rigor mortis.

There was no virgin birth, humans didn't pop out of dirt or a man's rib. Snakes and donkeys and bushes dont talk. No one turned water into wine or bread into human flesh. THE BIBLE IS A BOOK OF MYTH!

It is a comic book. A very horribly written comic book with a dictator for a head character.

LMFAO... 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

LMFAO... 

You laugh but I am being serious. THIS is the crap people blindly swallow. If people would take their bible and put it next to a copy of Harry Potter and swap reading a page from each, they could see very quickly how full of fiction and fantastic claims the bible is.

How the  hell can anyone sit on a jury in a murder trial and accept DNA evidence AND STILL buy the virgin birth bullshit is beyond me. It would be like seeing a picture of the earth from the moon and STILL claim the earth is flat.

It really sounds mean and hateful to theists, BUT IT IS NOT! It is merely cold water on their faces.

Living in a theist majority world is a lot like having a friend who walks out of the bathroom with toilet paper stuck out of the back of their pants and you tell them and they get upset.

"YOU HATE ME" is their false cry.

No, I hate absurd claims. Once one has better data about the nature of reality, the rational and right thing to do is to discard the bad claims and move forward. If our species never questioned social norms our species never would have left the caves.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

LMFAO... 

You laugh but I am being serious. THIS is the crap people blindly swallow. If people would take their bible and put it next to a copy of Harry Potter and swap reading a page from each, they could see very quickly how full of fiction and fantastic claims the bible is.

How the  hell can anyone sit on a jury in a murder trial and accept DNA evidence AND STILL buy the virgin birth bullshit is beyond me. It would be like seeing a picture of the earth from the moon and STILL claim the earth is flat.

It really sounds mean and hateful to theists, BUT IT IS NOT! It is merely cold water on their faces.

Living in a theist majority world is a lot like having a friend who walks out of the bathroom with toilet paper stuck out of the back of their pants and you tell them and they get upset.

No, I hate absurd claims. Once one has better data about the nature of reality, the rational and right thing to do is to discard the bad claims and move forward. If our species never questioned social norms our species never would have left the caves.

I laugh because I know it is true.

I can accept people being confused about the whole god thing, but when it comes to the earth being a sphere or a disk... I mean... really? Do you need us to actually explain how it is not flat?

I was watching some youtube and the people who actually believe it is flat must be joking. I can not seriously believe that some one thinks the earth is flat, that gravity is an illusion because the "flat earth is moving upward" and that the pictures of the earth have been 'shopped.

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

LMFAO... 

I can accept people being confused about the whole god thing, but when it comes to the earth being a sphere or a disk... I mean... really? Do you need us to actually explain how it is not flat?

I was watching some youtube and the people who actually believe it is flat must be joking. I can not seriously believe that some one thinks the earth is flat, that gravity is an illusion because the "flat earth is moving upward" and that the pictures of the earth have been 'shopped.

No bum, there are really people that stupid. Did you watch my youtube link above? That waste of oxygen Sheri Shane thinks the earth is flat and in that one or other clips she claims that there were christians before Jesus and there were no other religions before christianity. She's dead fucking serious. And she has children. Time to start requiring a permit to breed.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
tonyjeffers

tonyjeffers wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

LMFAO... 

No bum, there are really people that stupid. Did you watch my youtube link above? That waste of oxygen Sheri Shane thinks the earth is flat and in that one or other clips she claims that there were christians before Jesus and there were no other religions before christianity. She's dead fucking serious. And she has children. Time to start requiring a permit to breed.

No, not willing to go that far. I might get to the point of force if media in general becomes a monopoly, but right now you can use the media to put a short in their wires. Keeping the nuts at bay is about the only rational thing we can do, irrational beliefs have always unfortunately been a part of our evolution. I am not worried about that nut holding any important office. But if she ran I dam sure would point her lunacy.

I understand the sentiment though.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

The Theist wrote:

Typically in a forum such as this it is expected of me to supply some complex linguistic exploration which is inevedably rejected by a supposed intellectually superior paradigm. It is, as such, from it's conception, a waste of time because the atheist, who is actually intellectually incapable of exploring the possibilities even if they are dictated by their own limited and it must be admitted, mentally and intellectually retarded estimation - without merit or cause or any other - follows only vain cries.

Having said that obvious truth.

The Bible doesn't teach the earth is flat.

A more detailed discourse on the subject depends upon the ignorant response of the idiot atheist.

The issue of course is rather simpler and without regard to specifics. The magic and miracles in the Septuagint do not differ from The Wizard of Oz. Magic and miracles means fiction and written with the intetion to create fiction.

The letter of Aristeas is a forgery therefore the Septuagint is the original.

Get over it or produce physical evidence and nothing but physical evidence that there was something older than the Seputagint in another laguage to be translated.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
In this thread: Theist

In this thread:

Theist don't know what a circle is.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:
In this thread: Theist don't know what a circle is.

A circle is a thing with an edge and four corners.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lol

Lol

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.