Bad Science Atheists Accuse Christians of Believing

radioboyintj
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Bad Science Atheists Accuse Christians of Believing

All Christians are creations inherently but not all Christians are young-earth creationists.

In fact the smart ones aren't.

We believe in the Big Bang and Expansion of the Universe just like you do.

In fact I myself roll my eyes whenever I listen to some nutjob Christian who doesn't know anything about science spout

That the earth and even the universe is only 6,000 years old.

Not only is it very bad science, and would actually make God out to be a liar, since at the distances measured by science,

starlight would then therefore have to travel faster than light in order to reach us in the created timeframe.

In other words, imagine that the universe is as large and as vast as it is. OK

Now imagine that at the size the universe is, is a quasar 5 billion light years away in distance.

Well it can't possibly be both 5 billion light years away in distance AND SIMULTANEOUSLY only 6,000 Years Old.

Since Physics does not operate that way, Young Earth Creationism must be wrong because it makes God Out to be a liar.

Because of the vast distance the light from such a distance would have to go faster than the speed of light to traverse the universe and that's impossible

Does not compute

I had to say this just so the atheists know where i stand so as to clear up confusion between creationist and young earth creationist.

This is called a straw man argument-

Atheist says there cant be a god you theists believe the earth is only 6000 years old etc

And that's not what science says so the atheist thinks the christian is bonkers because his god can't get science right

So there must be no god

That's because christians don't know real science because many churches are biblical literalists that teach the creation story from genesis

Believe me back when iwent to church, i remember a guy saying there was no big bang god made the universe, etc

IM LIKE HELLO HOW DO YOU THINK H DID IT!?

BIG BANG PROVES GOD

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks x

x wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

There is no random chance associated with any of this. 

Yes, I sometimes get a bit sidetracked about the meaning of chance in this context.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/chance/chance.html covers it well.

that's a good resource. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Anonymous1978 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
 I'd like to point

I'd like to point something out.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Similarly, the only way to prove that God exists, is if he were to magically appear in front of us as say "Hey guys, I'm God!", at which point we would only have his word on this, I mean, how do you verify that someone/thing claiming to be God is actually the real deal? It's not like you can do a DNA test, or ask something only God would know.

So my basic point is this. If you can neither prove, nor disprove something, until you can, you are simply waxing philosophy, and wasting valuable time in this life, which could be used doing something far more useful and productive.

I am a non practicing Roman Catholic, who believes in God, as a creator of the Universe, because it is the simplest solution, until such time as a better solution is presented to me. Call me a lunatic if you wish, but Atheism is a sort of religion in itself (the belief in the equally unproveable non existance of a God or gods).

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Since my last post was

Since my last post was apparently incontrovertible (of course I knew this already), I'll deal with a subtle claim that I and everyone else either missed or failed to respond to.

Quote:
I cant believe that the theists who started this forum believes God started the big bang and sides with evolution

Pay attention. This forum was started, and is run by, atheists.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Jabberwocky
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Non-practicing Roman Catholic?

Many better solutions are available in fine book-stores everywhere.

I must ask, what exactly is a non-practicing Roman Catholic? I assume you simply believe in God, but don't attend church, but identify with the denomination due to being raised in it. If I'm wrong, please correct me. I must say that practicing Roman Catholics would argue that you are not a Roman Catholic (but would probably use you in the statistic when bragging about their large number of members). I am really wondering though, since participating in the Eucharist is I believe a mandatory part of being a Roman-Catholic, no?

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jabberwocky wrote:Many

Jabberwocky wrote:

Many better solutions are available in fine book-stores everywhere.

I must ask, what exactly is a non-practicing Roman Catholic? I assume you simply believe in God, but don't attend church, but identify with the denomination due to being raised in it. If I'm wrong, please correct me. I must say that practicing Roman Catholics would argue that you are not a Roman Catholic (but would probably use you in the statistic when bragging about their large number of members). I am really wondering though, since participating in the Eucharist is I believe a mandatory part of being a Roman-Catholic, no?

There are two answers to this:

1 - Having been catholic, my mother believes that "once a catholic always a catholic" and many other friends of hers believe similar points of view. So to my mom I am non-practicing catholic.

2 - Non-practicing catholics do not attend church, do not follow the dogma but still associate with the religion. I did this for many years after X number of decades of brain washing. Even though I didn't believe in god, jesus, the virgin, I still associated with catholics and felt a connection to those I previously associated with; but eventually that feeling went away as I cleansed myself of that influence.

Joker
atheist
Joker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zachary44 wrote:I agree that

Zachary44 wrote:

I agree that the big bang doesn't prove God. To say that God caused the big bang and evolution (stellar and macro) is the most obsurd standpoint as a christian. First of all, the big bang and evolution go against what a christian believes and what the bible says. I cant believe that the theists who started this forum believes God started the big bang and sides with evolution ;p. Why did i bring this up? The "big bang" theory has been proven wrong and could never have happend. The conservation of angular momentum disproves the big bang theory. Saying God did it as a christian shows how much you really know about what the bible says. As an athiest, holding to the big bang is saying that everthing came from nothing. Even if everthing came from a dot which came from nothing, you still have to deal with conservation of angular momentum.

Sadly, he cant back up his specific breed of christianity because its foundation is the same foundation of athiesm (facepalm). Stellar and macro evolution is a joke. THe philosophy of what athiesm stands on is sad. Your asking for scientific proof that God exists? The nature of the living cell provides strong evidence that it could not have originated by anything but intelligent design. The cell represents irreducible complexity, and it cannot be accounted for via the incremental changes called for by evolution. Darles darwin himself admitted "If it could be demonstrated that nay complex organ existed which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down".

THe conclusion of intelligent design flows naturally from the data itself-not from sacred books or sectarian beliefs. Iferring that biochemical systems were designed by an intelligent agent is a humdrum process that requires no new principles of logic or science...The result of these cumulative efforts to investigate the cell-to investigate life at the molecular level-is a loud, clear, piercing cry of "design".

THe late agnostic astronomer Carl sagan unwittently provided a powerful example of incredible design. He notes the the genetic information in the human brain expressed in bits is probably comparable to the total number of connections among neurons- about a hundred trillion, 10 to the 14th power bits. If you were to write this out in english, that information would fill some twenty million volumes, as many as in the worlds largest libraries. The equivalent of twenty million books is inside the head of every one of us. The brain is a very big place in a very small space.

Truth is, science reveals an intelligent design everyday. Your worldview is based on a philosophy that someone literally made up. The very foundation of what you believe, the filter for the science many people hold to today is Darwinian evolution. All of these scientific facts and "proof" come from a presuppostion and thats from the minds of James hutton, charles lyle, and lastly Charles Darwin. If James hutton is wrong, everything evolutionary science has been saying is wrong. Now you may say that new age science just confirms what they claim, well thats actually not at all true. Thats literally saying that new age science just confirms Circular reasoning which is the geological column, which is the foundation of evolution.

The scientific evidence is right in front of our eyes everyday. Micro biologists have said that there is no way that the complexity of even the simplest cell could have come from evolution but of something of great intelligence.

By the way, i see all of these athiests on this  site spouting out what they think but i highly doubt most of them know really what their worldview is claiming. There is no purpose in an athiests life. I can get into that later. I do believe you athiests out there have a purpose, but with your worldview, there is none.

So I take it then that you don't believe that transitional fossils exist or that you think that all of them were fabricated? And the similarities shown in genetic coding mean nothing as well, right? And again, your comments that some being designed everything, tell me, what is your proof of that, also, what is your null hypothesis for such a concept? And again, the entire big bang did not release everything 'spinning' there are no assertions that it did so save from various creationist groups.