Jesus, the Easter Bunny, and Other Delusions: Just Say No!

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jesus, the Easter Bunny, and Other Delusions: Just Say No!

Philosopher Peter Boghossian gives a great lecture on how faith isn't a reliable process of getting to truth.  He also mentions that religious delusion should not be exempt from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM): 

http://www.philosophynews.com/post/2012/02/14/Jesus-the-Easter-Bunny-and-Other-Delusions-Just-Say-No.aspx

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
thanks 

thanks 

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Opie

Hey Opie,

Quote:
faith isn't a reliable process of getting to truth.

um Phil, with how you phrased this, I would absolutely 100% agree with you.

And I can see that you have absolutely no idea what faith is.

So basically, the entire thread is a strawman, and since it doesn't represent the logical meaning of what faith is, we are in agreement. But if you want to talke about Biblical faith, let me know, that's a whole new subject.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hey

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey Opie,

Quote:
faith isn't a reliable process of getting to truth.

um Phil, with how you phrased this, I would absolutely 100% agree with you.

And I can see that you have absolutely no idea what faith is.

So basically, the entire thread is a strawman, and since it doesn't represent the logical meaning of what faith is, we are in agreement. But if you want to talke about Biblical faith, let me know, that's a whole new subject.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

So you want to talk about belief without evidence (Biblical faith according to Hebrews 11:1) and how it leads to truth that is subject to the desires of the interpreter?

Looking forward to it.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin