truth
atheist
User is offlineOffline

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Wow. You can pick your

Wow. You can pick your favorite? That's pretty good. I would have a much harder time.

Smiling

It is an excellent video because it is not just slapping Christianity about the ears. It cuts them at their knees. That is their core message. Christ and Him Crucified.

My anti-Christianity standing was never stronger when I heard & understood Hitch here. When I debate Christians, this is the place I go. I can think of nothing stronger. Forget talking snakes & donkeys and Jesus' genealogies conflicting each other, the zombie Jesus, flat earth, etc. 

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
truth

I loved his interview after he had gone through chemo knowing his time was finite. It just totally blows away the idea that you have to have a deity belief to face death. He saw it for what it was, merely the end of life, not the product of Superman vs Kriptonite.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for the post, I found

Thanks for the post, I found this one with Morgan Freeman...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFRnd-UugUg&feature=related

I find that many people are starting to think this way... they aren't people of god.

But I don't agree with his opinion that "We take a lot of what we're talking about in science on faith"

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes - it's good.

Everything Hitch said - I think a lot of young christians struggle with the inherent immorality of literalist christian doctrine. They blind themselves to it, create their own epistemology that parallels deism but with a jesus module, or they become agnostic atheists. 

And ain't it sweet that thanks to the Internet, this man and his message live on in 'real' time. 

Nice post, David. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck