Funny, all people who claim to "posessed" are highly religious

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
Funny, all people who claim to "posessed" are highly religious

I've always found this fact funny.  It turns out if your an athiest, your protected from deamon possesion.  Or better put, athiesm = immunity to acting crazy.   Ofcourse it is easy to understand why atheists don't get posessed by deamons (bwahahaha) from a sane persons perspective.  But looking at it from a highly religious persons perspective, why would that make sense at all?  My mom use to always say stuff like "the devil is attracted to people who reject god."  Yet her theory seems to be proven conclusively false by the facts, only bat shit crazy theists seem to get possessed.  Where's the out spoken athiests rolling around on the ground screaming nonsense and drooling on themselves, there should be plenty of them.  I wonder why... 

Religicooks

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
To be saved you have to

To be saved you have to believe in the magic sky daddy. To be possessed you have to believe in demons.

Would this be confirmation bias or is there some better term?

The one time I spoke it tongues I was simply so full of grief that well I just slipped into it. Had to be told such a thing existed before it could have even happened. We are born atheist. Without being told we would not know of Jesus, Moses or Paul.

(by the way welcome back. I was concerned about you getting your account info)

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
I used to have a fear of

I used to have a fear of this... then I saw some one who claimed to be possessed and I realized that they had psychological issues. My neighbors performed an exorcism on them (they were these 1st Cavalry types, real nut jobs).

These 1st Cav people really got after me for playing D&D. They even went as far as taking away my books and dice and then calling my parents.

Oh man. The memories are flooding back. What crackheads.

I remember I went over to their house to play D&D with one of their grandkids and they found my Players Handbook (the one from 1979).

They told me that if I kept playing that I would be possessed by satan.

Oh... I remember that I bought their kids "Black Sabbath" albums... I completely forgot about them.. I bet they are still in storage. Time to pull that shit out and convert it over to MP3's.

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Opie

Opie,

What??? lol. Do you have an argument or just a belief system? I mean, we're in America so you can believe whatever. You have no argument, no evidence, no analysis of research? Just belief system like santa clause. lol.

Even some well known atheists are pretty involved in the parapsychology. eddie Tabash and I went to dinner and he personally told me that even though he is the spokesman for the Humanists in this country, he is very interested in the New Age movement.

Atheists CAN be demon possessed. But just because you're an atheist doesn't mean you will be. It all depends on the Sovereignty of God and where you are.

If you're an anthropologist atheist participating or observing a JuJu ritual in Africa, yes, highly likely you will be possessed. If you're an atheist baking cookies with your grandma every day, not as likely.

Ex minister, your statement about tongues is interesting. You just slipped into it? COuld you expound on this. Tongues are not to be done and are done by pagans and buddhists at times.

But weren't you an SDA minister? I am not aware of the SDA cult speaking in tongues?

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Opie,

What??? lol. Do you have an argument or just a belief system? I mean, we're in America so you can believe whatever. You have no argument, no evidence, no analysis of research? Just belief system like santa clause. lol.

Even some well known atheists are pretty involved in the parapsychology. eddie Tabash and I went to dinner and he personally told me that even though he is the spokesman for the Humanists in this country, he is very interested in the New Age movement.

Atheists CAN be demon possessed. But just because you're an atheist doesn't mean you will be. It all depends on the Sovereignty of God and where you are.

If you're an anthropologist atheist participating or observing a JuJu ritual in Africa, yes, highly likely you will be possessed. If you're an atheist baking cookies with your grandma every day, not as likely.

Ex minister, your statement about tongues is interesting. You just slipped into it? COuld you expound on this. Tongues are not to be done and are done by pagans and buddhists at times.

But weren't you an SDA minister? I am not aware of the SDA cult speaking in tongues?

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

The sovereignty of your all-sovereign god varies by geography, Jeannine?

I decided to skip the "you don't have an argument either" bit. Is saying that atheists are as bad at something as Christians really the best you can do? 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Atheists

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Atheists CAN be demon possessed.

Sweet, I'm excited.  Any suggestions on how I could become possessed and scream nonsense like an idiot and shake around?  Or maybe I could do something impossible and not just idiotic, like walk on the ceiling, or speak with a voice my vocal chords could not produce, anything that could be tested.  Then I could test this phenomenon and prove to all us pesky thinking folk that demon possession is real.  I'm super excited for this experiment Jean... I can't wait to get possessed by demons.  So how do we get started, should I do some ceremony or ritual, douse myself in sheep blood and dance around a burning bush?  Whatever it takes Jean, help by praying for me to experience true demon possession so I can test and prove their existence.

Jean Chauvin wrote:

But just because you're an atheist doesn't mean you will be. It all depends on the Sovereignty of God and where you are.

Wait, demon possession depends on the sovereignty of god?  I thought the demons kind of did their own thing, apart from your god.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:To be

ex-minister wrote:

To be saved you have to believe in the magic sky daddy. To be possessed you have to believe in demons.

Would this be confirmation bias or is there some better term?

The one time I spoke it tongues I was simply so full of grief that well I just slipped into it. Had to be told such a thing existed before it could have even happened. We are born atheist. Without being told we would not know of Jesus, Moses or Paul.

(by the way welcome back. I was concerned about you getting your account info)

I have a few daemons to "believe" in. Most of them require different sets of die and a "character sheet" to function. Eye-wink

...but don't let that get in Jean's way!!! 

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Crazy

Hey Crazy,

My suggestion if you wish to be demon possessed is to become a satanist in the Temple of Set and to invocate the demons to come to you. There is a spell for this in the Satanic Bible towards the back with a list of demons.

You then need to participate in a high level ritual. Depending on where you're at.

If you're near Florida, the Golden Dawn would be even deadlier then the Temple of Power.

But Aquino is pretty hardcore. he was MI6 in the military and is involved in Mk Ultra Mind Control for the military. In fact, near him is a cemetery of infant but there are no corpses or bodies at all under groud.

If you can participate in an animal sacrifice that would be good. Typically they stay in the pentegram to not be infected by demons, but simply during a ritual, step out of the pentegram, and enjoy your torment.

The demons can only do that which God allows. And that is true also for you and I.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hey

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey Crazy,

My suggestion if you wish to be demon possessed is to become a satanist in the Temple of Set and to invocate the demons to come to you. There is a spell for this in the Satanic Bible towards the back with a list of demons.

You then need to participate in a high level ritual. Depending on where you're at.

If you're near Florida, the Golden Dawn would be even deadlier then the Temple of Power.

But Aquino is pretty hardcore. he was MI6 in the military and is involved in Mk Ultra Mind Control for the military. In fact, near him is a cemetery of infant but there are no corpses or bodies at all under groud.

If you can participate in an animal sacrifice that would be good. Typically they stay in the pentegram to not be infected by demons, but simply during a ritual, step out of the pentegram, and enjoy your torment.

The demons can only do that which God allows. And that is true also for you and I.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

So people are demon possessed at God's command/behest? 

So we can say that God is possessing them.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have to say this is a bit

I have to say this is a bit loaded. The term "possession", in this context, is inseparable from religion or some form of irrational belief system. Any contemporary, knowledgable person, would know that cases where such does happen to people who aren't theists putting on a show (or sometimes even then) are cases of mental disorder of some type(s). Or the result of disease, infection, injury, etc.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I suppose even demons have

Not that I believe in demons, but I could understand them. I suppose even demons have some dignity and don't lower themselves to persuading atheists of their existence. It must feel outrageous when the demons talk in people's heads and they ignore them or think they're a fantasy, mental disorder and then get head pills that make the voices go away. Or just disregard them on statistical basis, by the overwhelming majority of moments when the demons didn't speak in their mind. How rude. Also, demonic voices don't get a supernatural free pas from atheists on their claims. 

Nope, the devil is attracted to people who accepted god, because to accept god one must accept the existence of devil.

There is certainly something about this. I knew a Pentecostal pastor and as he bragged it really looked like he exorcised demons out of people every other weekend. I have no idea where he'd find so many supposedly "possessed" people. 

By the way, some RPGs, like Basilisk Games' Eschalon series reflect on this. You can play as an atheist, which gives you immunity to curses Smiling You can still cast fire and ice as an "illusionist" and the in-game magic tomes have chapters on natural, non-deity-based excitation of elemental forces or something. How considerate to our godless feelings!

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:It must feel

Luminon wrote:
It must feel outrageous when the demons talk in people's heads and they ignore them or think they're a fantasy, mental disorder and then get head pills that make the voices go away.

That was fucking hilarious. XD

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

neptewn
neptewn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Not that I

Luminon wrote:

Not that I believe in demons, but I could understand them. I suppose even demons have some dignity and don't lower themselves to persuading atheists of their existence. It must feel outrageous when the demons talk in people's heads and they ignore them or think they're a fantasy, mental disorder and then get head pills that make the voices go away. Or just disregard them on statistical basis, by the overwhelming majority of moments when the demons didn't speak in their mind. How rude. Also, demonic voices don't get a supernatural free pas from atheists on their claims. 

Nope, the devil is attracted to people who accepted god, because to accept god one must accept the existence of devil.

There is certainly something about this. I knew a Pentecostal pastor and as he bragged it really looked like he exorcised demons out of people every other weekend. I have no idea where he'd find so many supposedly "possessed" people. 

By the way, some RPGs, like Basilisk Games' Eschalon series reflect on this. You can play as an atheist, which gives you immunity to curses Smiling You can still cast fire and ice as an "illusionist" and the in-game magic tomes have chapters on natural, non-deity-based excitation of elemental forces or something. How considerate to our godless feelings!

Excellent! A beer I do owe.

Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer. - William S. Burroughs

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote: Ex

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Just a high emotional state and the idea was in my head. I did find some emotional comfort in it.

Tongues are not to be done? Thought you believed in the bible. The early church spoke in tongues as you must well know. Picking and choosing what to believe? Don't blame you the bible is a mess with lots of contradictions and is quite the patchwork.

I was a SDA minister. They believe speaking in tongues is demonic. I did join other churches after I left the ministry. Searching for something better. It was worth the search because I know now it is all man-made BS. Leaving all that behind I am much happier now. Sticking to reality and not make believe.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Apostate

Hi Apostate,

Regarding Tongues, I Corinthians 13:8, 10, the perfect is the canon which was completely in AD 98.

Also, hopping from one cult to another really isn't very reasonable field study for your conclusions.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).