I'm back (for now)

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I'm back (for now)

After a two month hiatus, I have decided to come back here on and off for a bit. I've mostly been stalking Hamby on facebook, and am pretty sure I offended every female on his friends list, plus whole religion and society thing. So I think I'll diversivy a bit.

I hope to get more perspectives from the atheist movement and there seems to be a flow of new users here now. I won't be as active as I used to though.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
You'll give me the knowledge

You'll give me the knowledge I want, first.

... Laughing out loud

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:After a two month

Quote:

After a two month hiatus, I have decided to come back here on and off for a bit. I've mostly been stalking Hamby on facebook, and am pretty sure I offended every female on his friends list, plus whole religion and society thing. So I think I'll diversivy a bit.

I hope to get more perspectives from the atheist movement and there seems to be a flow of new users here now. I won't be as active as I used to though.

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline

Welcome back.

neptewn
neptewn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome back.

Welcome back.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:After a

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Why do you feel the need to announce that "you're back for now." ?  Do you consider yourself some kind of RRS celebrity ? 

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline

So, pineapple.  What's Hamby been talking about on facebook?  Have you been disagreeing with him?

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:  Why do you feel the

Quote:
  Why do you feel the need to announce that "you're back for now." ?  Do you consider yourself some kind of RRS celebrity ?

I think given her seedy behaviors in the past seven months or so, she has earned herself a place on the RRS shit list because she apparently posted on here drunk a few times, has trolled big time in the past, caused Brian a bunch of nonsense grief to the point where he was on the verge of banning her and at one time everyone here wasn't sure if it was even a girl or something along those lines.  I admit not knowing much about cpt because I returned shortly after the whole shit storm with her antics died down to her apologizing and trying to "grow up." 

Maybe she/he/it sees herself/himself/itself as the leader of the drama pack of something.  Who knows?

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:  Why

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Infamy does render people 'celebrated' underdogs, at times. Jesse James + Bonnie & Clyde

For reasons entirely my own, I'm  becoming rather impatient with Pineapple, as of late. The 'Canadian Pissant Remark-Generator' that she seemed so willing to instruct others on how to use -mind such extreme poetic license-, doesn't seem to be her #1 bragging right.

In fact, she doesn't seem willing to give it a test drive as of late.

Cpt'n wrote:
such a sweetie little princess

Pineapple... you've become domesticated! How the fuck did that happen?! Was it the striking good looks and charisma of some guy from Philly who could likely "charm the pants off" of nearly every party animal and Ms. Wrong "from Timbuktu to Portland, Maine... or Portland, Oregon for that matter"? He scared you, didn't he? Made you a bit spineles, maybe?

Well, you do serve a very VALUABLE purpose here at RRS. You take the heat off my bad behavior; mine and everyone else's because of your "Miss Behaving" schtick. You certainly have my thanks for that! But it's time for you to cough up that one valuable commodity left in your posting abilities...

"Hand over the secret..."

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote: Quote:

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:

Wowwee-wowwow someone sure does catch on fast. Y'kno... she may not be entirely at fault for the direction this threads takes in a few days. Not as long as I'm around to be... recompensed for damages done to me and my mighty posting stature here on RRS. I don't have a "dog in this fight", but she does have something of value I require.

Man, do youths and professors alike have such amazing creative capacities that almost dream up some of the best stories and ideas one could set their targeting reticule on. It's like they want people to use such stories and ideas as their own!! Weird, is it not?

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:After a

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Good to see you back. I know the whole "hiatus" thing.

Who is Hamby? Can I stalk them too? Is there a fanclub?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for the two month

Thanks for the two month break!

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
[quote[Who is Hamby? Can I

Quote:

Hamby is a guy that used to be pretty active around here before I left a few years ago.  He's a core member, was a site admin for awhile (being inactive I'm not sure how much that matters) and did debates once in awhile.  I don't like him at all, but I have my reasons and maybe he's different now, I don't know.  You might find him interesting.  Check out some old threads; you're bound to run into a few of his old posts.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:

Hamby is a guy that used to be pretty active around here before I left a few years ago.  He's a core member, was a site admin for awhile (being inactive I'm not sure how much that matters) and did debates once in awhile.  I don't like him at all, but I have my reasons and maybe he's different now, I don't know.  You might find him interesting.  Check out some old threads; you're bound to run into a few of his old posts.

I have no interest in Hamby whatsoever.  So when you came back from your absence here on the forum, did you make a special thread to announce that you were back ?  ( i'm guessing no ? )

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I have no interest in

Quote:
I have no interest in Hamby whatsoever.  So when you came back from your absence here on the forum, did you make a special thread to announce that you were back ?  ( i'm guessing no ? )

Hehe, nah, man.  I posted something in the intro. part of the forums because that's customary to do; been gone a long time and I was sure a lot of new faces were around and thought I'd re-introduce myself, but that's it.  I guess it's too much of a stretch for cpt to remain consistent and/or not sound like we should give a shit if her/his trolling personality has returned...sort of.  The entire OP was reeking of self-important bullshit.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:The

Sage_Override wrote:
The entire OP was reeking of self-important bullshit.

Self-importance is what narcissists do. You'll find a great deal of it coming from my end of the table.

Can we do something to coax her back? I require informational compensation for my stalling her (seemingly) inevitable ban. I don't like NOT being compensated, kthx.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:  Why

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

No, I thought I would do it, incase the new people see an account from 2007 that they haven't seen before.

Philosophicus wrote:

So, pineapple.  What's Hamby been talking about on facebook?  Have you been disagreeing with him?

Mostly about sexuality and religion, and also claiming to be a social scientist without a firm grasp on statistics.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

He's a really old poster from when I first joined. He helped me get over my god belief, and he left RRS a couple years ago to go on his blog, and now he's more on examiner and facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1102861229&sk=wall

Also

http://www.examiner.com/atheism-in-atlanta/william-hamby

Sapient wrote:

Thanks for the two month break!

Thanks, I felt bad for single handedly holding back the atheist movement from getting rid of religion for good, so I thought I would give you a break.

As to why I created a specific thread, it's because I wanted to gauge the reaction of the people to my return.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
"This case is empty. "

"Empty. The opposite of full. This case is supposed to be full! Anyone care to explain?"

"We're saved."

"I'm screwed."

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:as to

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

as to why I created a specific thread, it's because I wanted to gauge the reaction of the people to my return.

Stay, leave ...do whatever.