Atheist's slavery bible quote billboard blasted by MSNBC.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Atheist's slavery bible quote billboard blasted by MSNBC.

I really want everyone here to put pressure on local and national media, that if they are going to criticize the bible quote which DOES condone slavery, have a black atheist on and not just a black Christian. If MSNBC does not want to be accused of acting like FOX NEWS then present both sides. Just saw it on the news no link as of yet.

BUT the Washington Post AND Huffington Post ARE also covering it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... story.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/1 ... 42268.html

Please do a google search yourself and comment on any media website about this subject. EVERY VOICE COUNTS.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 FFS, I hop off the site

FFS, I hop off the site for one second and what do I find? 

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/no_kugel_for_you_N4VuTrqavfOiApSHngxuMJ

In New York you are no longer allowed to donate food to a public homeless shelter. If that isn't evidence that these fuckers in politics don't give a rats ass about helping people. It is all about control, and they want it. Next thing you know they will outlaw private charity soup kitchens because they don't meet food safety guidelines or use too much salt.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nice essay!

Nice essay!

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: FFS, I

Beyond Saving wrote:

FFS, I hop off the site for one second and what do I find? 

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/no_kugel_for_you_N4VuTrqavfOiApSHngxuMJ

In New York you are no longer allowed to donate food to a public homeless shelter. If that isn't evidence that these fuckers in politics don't give a rats ass about helping people. It is all about control, and they want it. Next thing you know they will outlaw private charity soup kitchens because they don't meet food safety guidelines or use too much salt.

Well, at least that woman's 'caboose' in the "post pics" section is like-able. Not sure about the 'marketing strategy' at work but I have no doubts whatsoever that it amounts to "follow the pheromones", or some such.

Gives me a really lewd idea for an app, btw. (where does sex pheromones come from anyways? Like "colored overlay by intensity of concentration" might work)

Oops, sorry about the threadjack. 

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
(repeat, but necessary)

Brian37 and all other 'loud and rowdy' atheists and people of all fascinating and diverse ideological bent(s)... I don't mind telling y'all this forum would reach near-zero diversity and (in my mind) become completely meaningless without you and your... rants and raves. It's almost as if staying perpetually logged in is 'worth it' on the sole benefit of reading what everyone else on the boards says about random subjects of politics, religion, economics, etc. I can 'metamorphose' my ideology to a more 'crystalline yet unbreakable' format after reading what people say here.

An 'echochamber RRS' is something I dread and fear every day, for whatever asinine, remote cause might bring such a web forum about. It's the one thing that would send me straight off the boards, and hunting for some other secularist-friendly lalaland to burn my time away on... indefinitely.

That is one inalienable '+' for RRS; that no one can post here for long without having their positions, their ideologue thoughts and their 'moral philosophy' challenged. As long as I remain, no 'mod' or 'science freak' or 'superfan' is going to be able to escape a challenge to their claims, no matter how 'sound' or 'valid' they may appear to everyone else.

so...

If nothing else, I don't believe anyone here is trying to get rid of OR silence anyone else. Sure, there's theistards, but they're free amusement and 'unintentional' education on fundamentalism. If nothing else, we see how many thrown tomatoes they can tolerate before leaving. Eye-wink

(And yes, I do get envious on the sheer # of challenges theistards receive here, but that's life for me sometimes)

/done_with_speech

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Quote:Brian37 and all other

Quote:
Brian37 and all other 'loud and rowdy' atheists and people of all fascinating and diverse ideological bent(s)... I don't mind telling y'all this forum would reach near-zero diversity and (in my mind) become completely meaningless without you and your... rants and raves.

The way people react to me HAS to be taken into context.

If all you are going to do is assume I'll leave you bleeding in the street because I cuss at claims I find absurd, you wont get me.

But if you see me as no different than any other human who simply is pulling their hair out over claims that don't make sense to them, then you can get me.

IT DOES piss me off in the age of modern medicine and cell phones and computers and moon landing that people still make claims about invisible friends. It is not lost on me that people still claim these things, even people I love and call friends. But I do get tired of walking on eggshells because my detractors want to set up a taboo.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote: Brian37 and

Kapkao wrote:

Brian37 and all other 'loud and rowdy' atheists and people of all fascinating and diverse ideological bent(s)... I don't mind telling y'all this forum would reach near-zero diversity and (in my mind) become completely meaningless without you and your... rants and raves. It's almost as if staying perpetually logged in is 'worth it' on the sole benefit of reading what everyone else on the boards says about random subjects of politics, religion, economics, etc. I can 'metamorphose' my ideology to a more 'crystalline yet unbreakable' format after reading what people say here.

An 'echochamber RRS' is something I dread and fear every day, for whatever asinine, remote cause might bring such a web forum about. It's the one thing that would send me straight off the boards, and hunting for some other secularist-friendly lalaland to burn my time away on... indefinitely.

That is one inalienable '+' for RRS; that no one can post here for long without having their positions, their ideologue thoughts and their 'moral philosophy' challenged. As long as I remain, no 'mod' or 'science freak' or 'superfan' is going to be able to escape a challenge to their claims, no matter how 'sound' or 'valid' they may appear to everyone else.

so...

If nothing else, I don't believe anyone here is trying to get rid of OR silence anyone else. Sure, there's theistards, but they're free amusement and 'unintentional' education on fundamentalism. If nothing else, we see how many thrown tomatoes they can tolerate before leaving. Eye-wink

(And yes, I do get envious on the sheer # of challenges theistards receive here, but that's life for me sometimes)

/done_with_speech

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm just going to say that

I'm just going to say that if it pissed off even one christian, I'm happy, because their equally insulting propaganda is both more common and more vicious. I'd put one of these on every street corner on the planet if I could, because it's perfectly acceptable and accurate to equate theism with slavery, and brainwashing, and all other things primitive and stupid.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Opie

Hi Opie,

lol, what? Why would this piss off a Christian? It would cause the educated Christians a chuckle.

The Greek Word mainly used in LXX but also in the N.T. Doulos CAN mean slave or servent. Sometimes they can be interchangeable. It was not a racial thing but mainly an employment issue.

However, where the Bible does have slaves, how do we know that slavery is endorsed? Again logically speaking, the Bible is true in the account that is given. Not everything in the Bible is true. When King David has adultery, that doesn't mean that adultery is good and something God is pleased with. But rather the Biblei is a truth account however the accounts that are told are not always true based on the normative of Doctrine.

None of this stuff bothers me in the least. When one understands the Sovereignty of God, one knows that that sign was put up because God allowed it and decreed it from eternity. I just laugh at the ignorance.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Quote:Not everything in the

Quote:
Not everything in the Bible is true.

That's an understatement. But lucky us we have a jackass like you who uses their god to threaten Japan and America because not  everyone in the world has bowed down to your bully view of your claimed deity. Lucky us you are the one person out of the 7 billion that has a cosmic Bat Phone to the invisible guy upstairs.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ah, jeans anger is more

Ah, jeans anger is more apparent with every condescending remark. It's fun to watch desperate theists. Smiling

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.