The Elliott Argument

Arkonos
Arkonos's picture
Posts: 4
Joined: 2012-03-13
User is offlineOffline
The Elliott Argument

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39KxTciPRrw
Just wondering what you guys think about this guy, his "argument" and how you would answer the question.

My answer was of ignorance, which he does not accept. The beauty of atheism is that we aren't trapped, because although deism is irrefutable, it is simply not necessary as it explains very little and begs an even more difficult question.

As you may have guessed, he does not talk about anything besides this silly argument, not about evolution and creationism, not about the nature of God, the legitimacy of the bible and Jesus, nothing but his little argument, which in the end, what does it prove?

 


Arkonos
Arkonos's picture
Posts: 4
Joined: 2012-03-13
User is offlineOffline

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
Posts: 482
Joined: 2012-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Your first link won't load,

Your first link won't load, even if I jump out and go straight in thru youtube, i just get the circle. The second link he tells you right away to watch the other one first. This may be why ur not getting a response from others. And I don't know what "please mirror" means but I'm a digital retard.

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia


neptewn
Silver Member
neptewn's picture
Posts: 296
Joined: 2007-06-25
User is offlineOffline
He assumes two positions for

He assumes two positions for the atheist (Strawman). He then appeals to science and logic as the binding forces to an opinion, I guess he doesn't realize the strength of science and logic is in it's ability to remain uncertain on a position. Science and logic does not know everything and does not make this claim, why would I have too?

Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer. - William S. Burroughs


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3355
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Arkonos wrote: 

Arkonos wrote:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39KxTciPRrw
Just wondering what you guys think about this guy, his "argument" and how you would answer the question.

My answer was of ignorance, which he does not accept. The beauty of atheism is that we aren't trapped, because although deism is irrefutable, it is simply not necessary as it explains very little and begs an even more difficult question.

As you may have guessed, he does not talk about anything besides this silly argument, not about evolution and creationism, not about the nature of God, the legitimacy of the bible and Jesus, nothing but his little argument, which in the end, what does it prove?

 

LMAO. This guy illogical. Did he go out an pick up Cliff Notes for Logic & Debating? I bet he did and then he "skimmed" it.

 

1 - He doesn't have an argument.

2 - He has presented a fallacy. His variables given (as choices) are unproven. The burden of proof is on him to explain why "space and time are eternal" and that "something can come from nothing".

3 - He self defines what the atheist will pick and chose; it's like a funnel with one way in and one way out. Debates don't work that way.

 

Here is my rebuttal:

1 - Theists are some times illogical and irrational (true, they are human after all)

2 - Space and time are fixed and not eternal (E=MC2)

3 - You can not create something from nothing. (Nothing is an empty set. To add to it, you must have something)

 

By turning his fallacy back on him you can expose his weakness and make him look ridiculous.

P1 - Both STE and SCPNCEU are assumptions

P2 - If theists deny (or disbelieve in) the "big bang theory" as the cause of the universe then your only two options are STE and SCPNCEU.

P3 - Theists deny (or disbelieve in) the "big bang theory".

 

This guy can't even get his grammar correct. Is he even trying?

 

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3355
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
LMAO - Reply

LMAO - this chick makes a total mockery of this "Elliot" dude. I know it is difficult to watch all the way through but it is worth a one time view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_XXPkOFPU&feature=related

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Arkonos
Arkonos's picture
Posts: 4
Joined: 2012-03-13
User is offlineOffline
 I'm not sure why, but I

 I'm not sure why, but I can't watch his videos or go near them because his absolute arrogance enrages me to the point that I do wish death upon him. If he had a point I wouldn't care, but as you've both stated, he's fucking retarded.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3355
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Arkonos wrote: I'm not sure

Arkonos wrote:

 I'm not sure why, but I can't watch his videos or go near them because his absolute arrogance enrages me to the point that I do wish death upon him. If he had a point I wouldn't care, but as you've both stated, he's fucking retarded.

he's really ignorant of logic and he knows it because he has turned off public posting of messages. he controls what is posted and who he debates.

i am working on a video, which uses his video, to mock him. when I'm done i'll post it here

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3355
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Not sure if the blog thing

Not sure if the blog thing is working, but here is the video I threw together this morning.

 

http://youtu.be/KEupXRlsB2s

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10725
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
The older I get, the dumber

The older I get, the dumber theists appear. Are they really getting dumber, or has my experience with them gone too far and now there's nothing that can surprise me anymore?

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4668
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:The older I

Vastet wrote:
The older I get, the dumber theists appear. Are they really getting dumber, or has my experience with them gone too far and now there's nothing that can surprise me anymore?

 

Nah, they were always that dumb but the technology for spreading stupidity across the internet has gotten so easy to use that even the incredibly dumb ones can figure out how to use it. 

 

Hmmm.... idea for a youtube spin-off that requires you to pass an IQ test before you can post videos.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi OPie

Hi Opie,

As you can see, nobody has actually refuted the argument, but instead just thrown ad hominems at it. This is similar to when I refute atheists, they panick and just name call.

I am not revealing whether this argument is sound or unsound, but merely the interesting fact that the intellectual brain cells on this thread have been wasted away due to the angel dust and green bud intake.

So if you find it unsound, argue. I mean, look at that bum guy, he just grunts and complains, you guys don't know how to think.

Think through and actually review the argument.

Refuting atheists is easier then quantum algebra.

Oh, and Opie, deism not only can be refuted but has been refuted on countless occasions over a hundred years ago. A new type of deistic argument has risen that attempts to defend Christianity called Intelligent Design argument but it really just leads back to the logical fallacies of the deist Rationalists.

The fact that you don't know  your history and that fact that you attended a public school for your "education" is being shown in your thread here.

If you wish to be educated, let me know and I'll give you my email.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
 Can't refute an argument

 Can't refute an argument that hasn't been made, Jeannine.

Refuting you is like breathing - no one has to put any thought or effort in it.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10725
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote: Can't

jcgadfly wrote:

 Can't refute an argument that hasn't been made, Jeannine.

Refuting you is like breathing - no one has to put any thought or effort in it.

So true. Refuting theists like jean is as easty as kindergarten math. And gets a response similar to the kindergarten playground. He learned a few bigger words since then, but the end result is disturbingly similar.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 855
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
If you want a baffeling experiance

Vastet wrote:
The older I get, the dumber theists appear. Are they really getting dumber, or has my experience with them gone too far and now there's nothing that can surprise me anymore?

Go to a Christian site and let off a fact---you'll be called a false prophet and a tool of Satan. They all handle  the situation as though none of them ever read the book. Amazing.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3355
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:The older I

Vastet wrote:
The older I get, the dumber theists appear. Are they really getting dumber, or has my experience with them gone too far and now there's nothing that can surprise me anymore?

I find that they aren't any different than they were five generations ago. I remember when I was growing up listening to a preacher on the radio. When my parents got a television it was the same song and dance. Today with the internet it is the same song and dance.

The only difference is that some of them try so hard to make non-believers in to believers that they keep changing their logic to fit the result. No different that that dummy over at the "cosmic fingerprint" who has changed his argument so many times that it proves evolution exists.

No. I think you are getting older and they are just as ignorant.

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Denis (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Dont Waste Your Time

I did debate him. When i pointed out the logical fallacy of his argument he blocked me and deleted my posts. If you dont sport the flaw, he claims he won, if you do, you get deleted and blocked, either way the only  posts on his site support his claim. You are just wasting your time.