Stopped for being white

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Stopped for being white

A sister-in-law is in for major surgury today, so the other sisters (6) have been flying in from all over to be near [she's the baby sister]. It coincides with spring break in Florida, so the Florida sister brought her two school age kids along.   They're at the hospital so I get to babysit,  so I took them to lunch at my local Montana's,  so it's time to go and I am in a hurry.  When I ask for the bill it seems to take the waitress forever to deliver it, no problem, except there is only four other people sitting down, why the time?  The credit card machine isn't working the waitress fiddles with it,  when a policeman shows up the waitress and machine disappear.  The cop asks me for my ID and  starts asking the kids about their mom and dad;  and who I am. It takes 20 minutes to run my ID,  I'm pissed and I finally got home ten minutes ago. The staff at Montanas thought it strange that I had two kids with me.   Did I mention I'm white and the kids are dark brown.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not sure what this thread is

Not sure what this thread is aiming for, but no Jeffrick, Amir, whatever your first name is that I can't remember off the top of my tongue... you are not, by most US demographic standards, a "white" (caucasian) guy, and you certainly aren't white by the standards of most of the natives here. For most in the states it amounts to "person (non-Mediterranean) having some degree of Celtic ancestry". (though probably not in those exact words for most "yanks&quotEye-wink

People with a large % of ancestry in the Levant area of the world aren't considered "white" by default, here.

So... what is this thread about, precisely? You were racially profiled or something?

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:A

Jeffrick wrote:

A sister-in-law is in for major surgury today, so the other sisters (6) have been flying in from all over to be near [she's the baby sister]. It coincides with spring break in Florida, so the Florida sister brought her two school age kids along.   They're at the hospital so I get to babysit,  so I took them to lunch at my local Montana's,  so it's time to go and I am in a hurry.  When I ask for the bill it seems to take the waitress forever to deliver it, no problem, except there is only four other people sitting down, why the time?  The credit card machine isn't working the waitress fiddles with it,  when a policeman shows up the waitress and machine disappear.  The cop asks me for my ID and  starts asking the kids about their mom and dad;  and who I am. It takes 20 minutes to run my ID,  I'm pissed and I finally got home ten minutes ago. The staff at Montanas thought it strange that I had two kids with me.   Did I mention I'm white and the kids are dark brown.

A few months ago down in Florida, maybe South Beach Miami, this guy got stopped by several cops for having a black child with him. They took the child away, who at the time was crying "PAPA, PAPA!" and yet the cops took him aside, ran a background check on him and even were a little rough with him.

Turns out that child was his grand kid. The daughter married a "dark" skin dude from some far away place.

So no.. your story isn't weird or strange. It's not the first and won't be the last.

People need to get over these stereotypes.

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Not sure what

Kapkao wrote:

Not sure what this thread is aiming for, but no Jeffrick, Amir, whatever your first name is that I can't remember off the top of my tongue... you are not, by most US demographic standards, a "white" (caucasian) guy, and you certainly aren't white by the standards of most of the natives here. For most in the states it amounts to "person (non-Mediterranean) having some degree of Celtic ancestry". (though probably not in those exact words for most "yanks&quotEye-wink

People with a large % of ancestry in the Levant area of the world aren't considered "white" by default, here.

So... what is this thread about, precisely? You were racially profiled or something?

Yes Kapkao, I was racially profiled,  by people who know me and I didn't like it. I'm as white as one can get. Watch me----.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFLmcDSlrqc  

\

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:Kapkao

Jeffrick wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

Yes Kapkao, I was racially profiled,  by people who know me and I didn't like it. I'm as white as one can get. Watch me----.   

\

I've already seen videos you've linked to, and nope... not quite. Then again, you aren't Caucasian, either. I define whiteness as white=Caucasian in ethnicity. So does most census takers and voting booths here in the states. (No, Luminon is not exactly what I would call "white" either, but it is irrelevant)

As for being profiled, it's possible that whatever precinct you were at has 'racial profiling quotas'. So did we, up near Cullman County, AL, during the 90s. They may have been dropped or they may have been rendered to being passively used. In either case, there have been no reports of it in Northern Alabama for quite some time. 

Maybe you were stopped for being Arabic in lineage? "Amir" is  bit of a dead give-away.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Jeffrick

Kapkao wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

\

I've already seen videos you've linked to, and nope... not quite. Then again, you aren't Caucasian, either. I define whiteness as white=Caucasian in ethnicity. So does most census takers and voting booths here in the states. (No, Luminon is not exactly what I would call "white" either, but it is irrelevant)

As for being profiled, it's possible that whatever precinct you were at has 'racial profiling quotas'. So did we, up near Cullman County, AL, during the 90s. They may have been dropped or they may have been rendered to being passively used. In either case, there have been no reports of it in Northern Alabama for quite some time. 

Maybe you were stopped for being Arabic in lineage? "Amir" is  bit of a dead give-away.

Atif Mir is the Pakistani born host, I'm the big white guy in  the middle in the grey suit,  James Earl Francis Frederick is my name, jamb it together and you have Jeffrick.  I was stopped because I was white with brown skined children, by people who know me but not the kids.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
The amount of melanin one

blah, never mind Sticking out tongue

(completely irrelevant)

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

Atif Mir is the Pakistani born host, I'm the big white guy in  the middle in the grey suit,  James Earl Francis Frederick is my name, jamb it together and you have Jeffrick.  I was stopped because I was white with brown skined children, by people who know me but not the kids.

Well, it would still help to know wtf the officers in question were hoping to achieve to profile you and your kids. I mean, there's a cause for everything that humans do, yeah?

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I saw this happen at

Road Harbour in the British Virgin Islands. A white guy in his early 50s stopped by local cops because he had a local girl of about 13 in his car. She was his daughter and they were giving him hell thinking he'd abducted her or paid her or something. He was speechless as a crowd gathered. All the while she's crying and telling them to leave her dad alone. Mum turned up from the shop and gave them that long look African women use to scare away full grown lions and they fucked off. Racism. It cuts both ways. White cops would do the same to a black guy I'd say. Would not have been a comfortable experience Jeff but what the hey. The humans are all stupid. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Isabella8688
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

Thanks you for the post.