Kirk Cameron is Doing a Documentary about the Founding Fathers

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kirk Cameron is Doing a Documentary about the Founding Fathers

Kirk Cameron is coming out with a new movie on March 27, 2012, about the founding fathers.  It appears to be a pseudohistorical documentary, most likely advocating the founding father's so-called intent to make this a Christian nation.  Stop the theocrats!  Stop the dominionists!  

The movie is called Monumental: In Search of America's National Treasure

http://www.monumentalmovie.com/

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Philosophicus wrote:Kirk

Philosophicus wrote:

Kirk Cameron is coming out with a new movie on March 27, 2012, about the founding fathers.  It appears to be a pseudohistorical documentary, most likely advocating the founding father's so-called intent to make this a Christian nation.  Stop the theocrats!  Stop the dominionists!  

The movie is called Monumental: In Search of America's National Treasure

http://www.monumentalmovie.com/

Another revisionist, what a shocker, and even more shocking it's Peel, side kick of Banana man. Kirk you couldn't even stick to acting, what makes you think you'd do well at "teaching"? We don't need more dominionist dumb theocrats Kirk. The world needs less theocracies Kirk, not more.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Damn, that's like some

Damn, that's like some imam doing an authentic and unbiased documentary on the women's rights movement. 

Pilgrims wore black and white suits, hats and shoes with buckles? Maybe those who kicked them out of England, but the Puritans in America dressed as peasants, which is how they lived. And they weren't "pure" at all, they did it all the time even in bushes and ditches. They just married early, so it was marital.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
You mentioned the name Kirk

You mentioned the name Kirk Cameron in the same sentence as you used the word documentary and I knew not to click on the link.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:You

digitalbeachbum wrote:

You mentioned the name Kirk Cameron in the same sentence as you used the word documentary and I knew not to click on the link.

I thought Buddhists weren't into self torture.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

That's why I didn't click on the link

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Seems Kirk is on the move...

Seems Kirk is on the move... No I didn't watch the video. Reading the article was enough for me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/03/kirk-cameron-piers-morgan-homosexuality-unnatural_n_1318430.html

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

That's why I didn't click on the link

There might be something to being a Buddhist after all.

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

I was at the movie theater a few days ago and Kirk Cameron's new documentary was in the previews.  It reminded me of Ben Stein's antireality tirade, Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed, demonizing evolution and praising the psuedoscience of intelligent design.  As Eugenie Scott said, "It's not an intelligent design movie, it's an antiscience movie." 

This Kirk Cameron documentary reminds me of Expelled, mixed with Nicholas Cage's movie National Treasure, mixed with History Channel's Cities of the Underworld, where a guy goes around to various cities to investigate.  It also gave me a DaVinci Code vibe, where Tom Hanks' character Robert Langdon explores mysteries and puts together various puzzles. 

On that note, it reminds me of the time when Mike Huckabee went on Jon Stewart's show saying that the founding fathers intended America to be a Christian nation, and he had some sham historian as his source.  Jon Stewart wisely replied, "If the founding fathers intended this to be a Christian nation, why did they make it so hard to figure it out?  Why didn't they make it obvious in writing, rather than hide bits and pieces of writings here and there that you have to piece together hundreds of years later?"

It's another desperate attempt to make America a theocracy, with Biblical law.  I hate the merger of Christianity with conservative politics, as if Jesus was a Republican.  They make the Constitution sound like an amendment to the Bible!  Where is their desire for the truth?  No, they only want power.  Justice?  Nope.  Not unless "Jesus" says so (as interpreted by their pastors).

They want to make the Constitution as rigid as they see the Bible, as if it was a perfect document handed down from God.  Is there anywhere their thinking doesn't seep?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Philosophicus wrote:I was at

Philosophicus wrote:

I was at the movie theater a few days ago and Kirk Cameron's new documentary was in the previews.  It reminded me of Ben Stein's antireality tirade, Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed, demonizing evolution and praising the psuedoscience of intelligent design.  As Eugenie Scott said, "It's not an intelligent design movie, it's an antiscience movie." 

This Kirk Cameron documentary reminds me of Expelled, mixed with Nicholas Cage's movie National Treasure, mixed with History Channel's Cities of the Underworld, where a guy goes around to various cities to investigate.  It also gave me a DaVinci Code vibe, where Tom Hanks' character Robert Langdon explores mysteries and puts together various puzzles. 

On that note, it reminds me of the time when Mike Huckabee went on Jon Stewart's show saying that the founding fathers intended America to be a Christian nation, and he had some sham historian as his source.  Jon Stewart wisely replied, "If the founding fathers intended this to be a Christian nation, why did they make it so hard to figure it out?  Why didn't they make it obvious in writing, rather than hide bits and pieces of writings here and there that you have to piece together hundreds of years later?"

It's another desperate attempt to make America a theocracy, with Biblical law.  I hate the merger of Christianity with conservative politics, as if Jesus was a Republican.  They make the Constitution sound like an amendment to the Bible!  Where is their desire for the truth?  No, they only want power.  Justice?  Nope.  Not unless "Jesus" says so (as interpreted by their pastors).

They want to make the Constitution as rigid as they see the Bible, as if it was a perfect document handed down from God.  Is there anywhere their thinking doesn't seep?

Christians who think this is supposed to be a christian nation are douches.

Mike huckabee is a douche bag

Kirk cameron is a douche bag

Ben Stein is a douche bag (and to think he was in Ferris Bueller)

The bible is their douche and they use it every fucking day.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Science leads you to killing people...

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Ben Stein is a douche bag (and to think he was in Ferris Bueller)

The bible is their douche and they use it every fucking day.

Stein made the following statement about science and religion in an interview with Ben Crouch:

Stein: When we just saw that man, I think it was Mr. Myers, talking about how great scientists were, I was thinking to myself the last time any of my relatives saw scientists telling them what to do they were telling them to go to the showers to get gassed … that was horrifying beyond words, and that’s where science — in my opinion, this is just an opinion — that’s where science leads you.

Crouch: That’s right.

Stein: …Love of God and compassion and empathy leads you to a very glorious place, and science leads you to killing people.

Crouch: Good word, good word.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck