New Tech: The Human Media

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
New Tech: The Human Media

I had known this was coming out but the next step is even more amazing.

I have spoke to several people who have said that it would be possible to store data in the human body using nano technology. Forget hard wiring your brain with harddrives (like in Johnny Mnemonic). You would have to only hold your hand up to a device (like the one in the video) download the information to the nano-stuff (what ever) and then go.

I guess the next step after that would be to access the data stored in the nano-stuff and then use it with out a phone or computer. And before you know it, we will have nano-viruses and hackers reprogramming you remotely.

Fun stuff.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/9702610.stm

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Yeah, this kind of tech is

Yeah, this kind of tech is both exciting and scary. Privacy is already becoming a thing of the past, imagine when businesses and governments can secretly plant cookies in you that track everywhere you go and everything you do. I'm sure technology designed to block such things will be racing as quickly as the technology to plant information in your body. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Yeah,

Beyond Saving wrote:

Yeah, this kind of tech is both exciting and scary. Privacy is already becoming a thing of the past, imagine when businesses and governments can secretly plant cookies in you that track everywhere you go and everything you do. I'm sure technology designed to block such things will be racing as quickly as the technology to plant information in your body. 

I agree, scary and freaky.

The thought of having nano-bots in my body so they can destroy cancer cells is right around the corner. Next you'll have nano-bots regenerating your cells so you can stay young.