Wrong again......

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Wrong again......

A Muslim comments on atheist billboards that go up in NYC aimed at Jews and Muslims.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/03/01/Atheist-NYC-billboards-in-Hebrew-Arabic/UPI-90871330650250/?spt=hs&or=tn

I bet the Egyptians thought in the Middle of their 3,000 year dynasty that it would last forever. But myths do die and they only succeed through marketing, they get defeated through scrutiny.

Was it "Polarizing" for Galileo to tell the truth about the nature of our solar system? If humans never questioned social norms our species never would have left the caves.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

JeanChauvinSOCK...
TheistTroll
JeanChauvinSOCKPUPPET's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah but wasn't Galileo a

Yeah but wasn't Galileo a Christian? And due to the tension that was building at the time that led to the Reformation against the Roman Catholic Church must be considered part of the factor here.

The Reformer's embraced the concept of a round earth. But in the history of things, it's interesting to note that the crazies that were saying things like the article posted above, were the Roman Catholics at the time.

The Roman Catholics at that time were the Muslim Terrorist of today.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Joachim Vadian wrote:Yeah

Joachim Vadian wrote:

Yeah but wasn't Galileo a Christian? And due to the tension that was building at the time that led to the Reformation against the Roman Catholic Church must be considered part of the factor here.

The Reformer's embraced the concept of a round earth. But in the history of things, it's interesting to note that the crazies that were saying things like the article posted above, were the Roman Catholics at the time.

The Roman Catholics at that time were the Muslim Terrorist of today.

ALL religions were tribal back then, not just Catholics. The feudal societies of the time were ruled by kings but those kings had to bow to their respective churches because they saw themselves as "divinely picked". This fostered and perpetuated a very tribal society.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog