Name Me Any God, By Brian37

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Name Me Any God, By Brian37

Name Me Any God, By Brian37

Name me any god
That has empathy
That can display
Humility

Name me one
That can admit
That of fault
Of its own hand

Name me one
That admits flaws
That will admit
When it is wrong

Name me one
Who would admit
Harm it does
To those who dissent

Name me one
That if enough object
Would abdicate power
To those he governed

Name me one human
Who holds such beliefs
Willing to admit
Reality

That all it is
The god they profess
Is nothing more
Than what they project

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3112
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Name Me Any

Brian37 wrote:

Name Me Any God, By Brian37

Name me any god
That has empathy
That can display
Humility

Name me one
That can admit
That of fault
Of its own hand

Name me one
That admits flaws
That will admit
When it is wrong

Name me one
Who would admit
Harm it does
To those who dissent

Name me one
That if enough object
Would abdicate power
To those he governed

Name me one human
Who holds such beliefs
Willing to admit
Reality

That all it is
The god they profess
Is nothing more
Than what they project

Define "god".

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Name Me Any God, By Brian37

Name me any god
That has empathy
That can display
Humility

Name me one
That can admit
That of fault
Of its own hand

Name me one
That admits flaws
That will admit
When it is wrong

Name me one
Who would admit
Harm it does
To those who dissent

Name me one
That if enough object
Would abdicate power
To those he governed

Name me one human
Who holds such beliefs
Willing to admit
Reality

That all it is
The god they profess
Is nothing more
Than what they project

Define "god".

 

They cant because it is a vacuous term. But the ones that attempt to do that I deal with the most are the ones arguing for the god/s of Abraham.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3112
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:They cant

Brian37 wrote:
They cant because it is a vacuous term. But the ones that attempt to do that I deal with the most are the ones arguing for the god/s of Abraham.

I suspect that one day, in the very far future, humans will create Universes.

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5100
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
This is one

Brian37 wrote:

Name Me Any God, By Brian37

Name me any god
That has empathy
That can display
Humility

Name me one
That can admit
That of fault
Of its own hand

Name me one
That admits flaws
That will admit
When it is wrong

Name me one
Who would admit
Harm it does
To those who dissent

Name me one
That if enough object
Would abdicate power
To those he governed

Name me one human
Who holds such beliefs
Willing to admit
Reality

That all it is
The god they profess
Is nothing more
Than what they project

 

of my favourites of your stuff, Brian. The underlying concept here is extremely powerful. You'd have to say the jesus doctrine most tries to meet the concept of universal altruism that any god concept I know of attempts to attain. 

Shackled to judaism, it fails. 

 

 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
Sage_Override's picture
Posts: 582
Joined: 2008-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I suspect that one

Quote:

I suspect that one day, in the very far future, humans will create Universes.

 

Already going on, pal; it's called the LHC. 

 

"When the majority believes in what is false, the truth becomes a quest." - Me


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:
They cant because it is a vacuous term. But the ones that attempt to do that I deal with the most are the ones arguing for the god/s of Abraham.

I suspect that one day, in the very far future, humans will create Universes.

 

And Newton thought Alchemy would work. I would suggest you not treat Star Trec or the Si Fi channel as credible sources.

We can study more and more on the micro level and I am quite sure that there are discoveries that we have yet to find that will advance science. But Men In Black thinking is garbage. If you are going to actually believe that we can create a universe, then you might as well believe in a god.

We can simulate weather patterns and predict hurricanes, but you damned well know we could not create a hurricane, so how do you think we'd be able to create something even more quantum?

Woo is woo, be it religious or si fi. I make no distinction between woo. Unitil a claim has had the shit kicked out of it and survives as universal and peer reviewed like evolution and DNA, I see no point in mere speculation. It remains a claim until and unless it is confirmed by independent testing.

Gravity affecting time is proven. The speed of light is proven. The big bang is proven. Evolution is proven. But no, I find it absurd to even think humans will ever be able to create an entire universe. I think anyone who might think this is simply suffering from the same wishful thinking a theist does when they think of a god.

We can simulate weather patterns and we can simulate the actions of atoms, and we can even crash them into each other to study the smashed parts, like crashing a car and studying the affects of the impact. BUT NO, just like we cant create a giant snowstorm, or F5 tornado, I find it silly that we would ever be able to create an entire universe.

 

 


 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Sage_Override wrote:Quote:I

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:

I suspect that one day, in the very far future, humans will create Universes.

 

Already going on, pal; it's called the LHC. 

 

No, the LHC is not creating universes, it is smashing atoms together just like crash testing cars. Nothing more. All it is doing is giving us an idea of HOW the big bang occurred, The super collider does not contain all the mater or energy in the universe which the big bang did, so it will always be impossible. Just like we can build computer models studying tornados and hurricanes we are not literally making them.

The LHC will simply give us a better idea of how atoms and quarks behave and give us an idea of what happened at the point of the big bang, just like years of study of weather gives us the knowledge of how hurricanes form.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
Sage_Override's picture
Posts: 582
Joined: 2008-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote:No, the LHC is not

Quote:

No, the LHC is not creating universes, it is smashing atoms together just like crash testing cars. Nothing more. All it is doing is giving us an idea of HOW the big bang occurred, The super collider does not contain all the mater or energy in the universe which the big bang did, so it will always be impossible. Just like we can build computer models studying tornados and hurricanes we are not literally making them.

The LHC will simply give us a better idea of how atoms and quarks behave and give us an idea of what happened at the point of the big bang, just like years of study of weather gives us the knowledge of how hurricanes form.

 

Easy, Big Wilbur; I made that post in jest...

"When the majority believes in what is false, the truth becomes a quest." - Me


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:

No, the LHC is not creating universes, it is smashing atoms together just like crash testing cars. Nothing more. All it is doing is giving us an idea of HOW the big bang occurred, The super collider does not contain all the mater or energy in the universe which the big bang did, so it will always be impossible. Just like we can build computer models studying tornados and hurricanes we are not literally making them.

The LHC will simply give us a better idea of how atoms and quarks behave and give us an idea of what happened at the point of the big bang, just like years of study of weather gives us the knowledge of how hurricanes form.

 

Easy, Big Wilbur; I made that post in jest...

Sorry, I got a lip twitch there I admit. But it is not impossible for atheists to have woo. So I'll retract my fangs here. I am glad that was in  jest because it DID scare me. Making a joke like that is like pulling a toy gun out at Dirty Harry.

"Go ahead, make my day". Next time make sure your toy gun has a pink tip. I don't like shooting innocent people.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
Sage_Override's picture
Posts: 582
Joined: 2008-10-14
User is offlineOffline
It's cool, Brian.  Besides,

It's cool, Brian.  Besides, nobody, and I mean nobody, puts ketchup on a hotdog


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Sage_Override wrote:It's

Sage_Override wrote:

It's cool, Brian.  Besides, nobody, and I mean nobody, puts ketchup on a hotdog

I love that particular Dirty Harry. Sudden Impact was the best of the bunch. But I dooooooo put ketchup on a hotdog. Yum yum.

I also liked right before "Go ahead, make my day" when he said "You didn't think WE would just let you leave"

"Whose we sucker?"

"Smith and Wesson and I".

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Sage_Override wrote:It's

Sage_Override wrote:

It's cool, Brian.  Besides, nobody, and I mean nobody, puts ketchup on a hotdog

How about this spin on that line?

"No theist, and I mean no theist, puts logic on an argument"

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
OPIE

OPIE,

All those who Hate God will go to Hell,

Atheists hate God,

Therefore Atheists will go to Hell,

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Jean Chauvin wrote:OPIE,All

Jean Chauvin wrote:

OPIE,

All those who Hate God will go to Hell,

Atheists hate God,

Therefore Atheists will go to Hell,

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

I don't know why I give you the time of day other than you are an asshole in need of verbal bitch slapping.

We do not believe in ANY god, much less yours.

We cannot hate a god any more than you can hate Micky Mouse, Lex Luthor or Allah.

What we do hate in reality, are that you AND people of all sorts of superstitious claims, go around without evidence claiming that their particular claim of Mickey Mouse is real.

I will simply rot after I die, so will you. There will be no heaven for you to gloat about and there will be no hell for your detractors to languish in.

Out of all the theists I have dealt with in my online history of debate, the only thing I can give you credit for is being the biggest prick I have had the misfortune of dealing with.

Christians will not go to hell, Muslims will not go to hell, Hindus will not go to hell, Jews will not go to hell, atheists will not go to hell. Humans die like they always have, that is it, no heaven, no hell, nothing.

I am sorry if reality scares you. But your childish threats do not scare me.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Brian

Hi Brian,

so while the argument was valid you object to the premises, fine but it was a logical argument. You said Christians can't use a logical argument lol.

In the thread the psychology of an atheist we see that infact you do believe in God but surpress it to such a degree, manifestations result in your behavior that can be seen by all who are discerning.

And Brian, I have no idea what your atheist denomination is, whatever. TO be honest, you don't really even know what the hell you believe, but in reality, you do surpress Him, (Romans 1:18) and is one reason why you're so proudful and selfish.

But Christianity has a means for logic, atheism has a means for nothing intellectual, but rather selfish. and the service of the self.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Brian,

so while the argument was valid you object to the premises, fine but it was a logical argument. You said Christians can't use a logical argument lol.

In the thread the psychology of an atheist we see that infact you do believe in God but surpress it to such a degree, manifestations result in your behavior that can be seen by all who are discerning.

And Brian, I have no idea what your atheist denomination is, whatever. TO be honest, you don't really even know what the hell you believe, but in reality, you do surpress Him, (Romans 1:18) and is one reason why you're so proudful and selfish.

But Christianity has a means for logic, atheism has a means for nothing intellectual, but rather selfish. and the service of the self.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

You are a complete fucking joke considering your claimed god said Japan was a warning to the west, according to you.

Fine, you want to do something selfless? STOP FUCKING POSTING!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Brian

Hi Brian,

What does it do to you because it seems I own you over and over and over. I mean, it's like if we were in the ring, you'd be on your ass so many times you wouldn't be able to take a crap it would hurt so bad to sit.

I mean, other "theists" you talk to are like ahhhhh. They're like butter for you. No wonder i piss you off Brian. But since I take you to school so very often just be a Chrisitan and you will learn how to think and be intelligent for something out there.

But in reality i'm the bus driver cause i'm taking everybody to school on this site. Praise Jesus for such fun.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Brian,

What does it do to you because it seems I own you over and over and over. I mean, it's like if we were in the ring, you'd be on your ass so many times you wouldn't be able to take a crap it would hurt so bad to sit.

I mean, other "theists" you talk to are like ahhhhh. They're like butter for you. No wonder i piss you off Brian. But since I take you to school so very often just be a Chrisitan and you will learn how to think and be intelligent for something out there.

But in reality i'm the bus driver cause i'm taking everybody to school on this site. Praise Jesus for such fun.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

No no no, it is not me you are owning, it is you and your delusion that you are the center of the universe and life revolves around you. You simply like masturbating over yourself.

Yea you do piss me off. But thats fine with me because every time you post you make yourself look like a complete ass.

I don't mind taking the opportunity to remind readers that you believe in a god who, according to you, allowed the Tsunami in Japan that killed 13,000 people, to serve as a warning to the US. You worship a hostage taker.

Yea, Jerry Fallwell and Pat Robertson got their asses handed to them when they used Katrina to threaten people.

So keep it up zoo animal. Every time you post I will remind people how you view your god, willing to drown people to threaten others.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hey Brian

Hey Brian,

Actually isn't it the atheists who say they're zoo animals? In Europe they put humans in a zoo cage for others to observe a s animals.

So while you call me the zoo animal, literally speaking, you came from animals and you remain an animal right? i actually agree with you that atheists are a bunch of animals.

Christians on ontologically better then animals.

Just reminding you of what you yourself believe since i fear the weeds is in the way of your reality. And when you quote me quote me in contest. God as the cause, satan as the agent.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hey

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey Brian,

Actually isn't it the atheists who say they're zoo animals? In Europe they put humans in a zoo cage for others to observe a s animals.

So while you call me the zoo animal, literally speaking, you came from animals and you remain an animal right? i actually agree with you that atheists are a bunch of animals.

Christians on ontologically better then animals.

Just reminding you of what you yourself believe since i fear the weeds is in the way of your reality. And when you quote me quote me in contest. God as the cause, satan as the agent.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

I am not typing this for your benefit zoo animal, I am typing this for other atheists and believers who might read this.

Jean used Japan's Tsunami as a threat he claimed his God is making to the U.S. 13,000 people died in that Tsunami . He made the mistake of picking on my x-wife's country and she had friends that were affected by it. I'd say anyone who threatens people with their god and treats their god as a hostage taker to threaten other people is behaving like a zoo Animal.

Now, to anyone reading this because Jean is not worth anything but scorn and ridicule.

Many theists falsely think that because I say that we are part of evolution not above nature and that we are merely one species in nature. I am not saying we cant be advanced enough to be civil, our brains have evolved enough to do that, maybe accept Jean's. Jean actually displays the worst humanity has to offer. I am merely saying that nature is not magic, good or bad.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37