Flying a banner over the Super Bowl

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Flying a banner over the Super Bowl

Atheists will get somewhat of a plug at the big dance.

http://www.examiner.com/atheism-in-national/atheist-banner-to-fly-over-superbowl

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Don't look for it at

Don't look for it at gametime.  It's in the air right about now, for just a little while.  I'm glad they were able to do it though.  

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
My guess is that FOX News

My guess is that FOX News will unwittingly give this the press it deserves so that they can generate "outrage" for ratings.... It won't be shown live, but it 8will* be publicsized.

Unless I'm wrong.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Don't look

Sapient wrote:

Don't look for it at gametime.  It's in the air right about now, for just a little while.  I'm glad they were able to do it though.  

I knew that. It is way before pre game early in the morning, but the tail gating started 1,000 years ago, so there will be plenty of a crowd tomorrow morning.

This is way better than their last attempt. They bought the naming rights for 30 mins to the stadium but THE DAY AFTER and at noon, when the sports channels were on repeat.

Look at it this way, 11 years ago the word "atheist" flying over a big game like this, wouldn't have happened.

I am just waiting for the next Pat Tilman to hold a Super Bowl Trophy and say, "I'd like to thank my team, my coach, my fellow payers and the support of this atheist group".

How the fuck would they sensor that?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:My guess is

Rich Woods wrote:

My guess is that FOX News will unwittingly give this the press it deserves so that they can generate "outrage" for ratings.... It won't be shown live, but it 8will* be publicsized.

Unless I'm wrong.

For the love of Jake, and FSM I hope so.

Oh, when they do that, I wonder if they will also flip out about Al Jazera reporting about this game? I thought there was a law against Muslims liking anything associated with the west?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 I'm not sure where my head

I'm not sure where my head was when I made that post this morning.  I meant it'll be up early morning tomorrow.  Somehow I thought it was Sunday this morning.