What's the deal with Ron Paul?

Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1829
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
What's the deal with Ron Paul?

I'm Canadian, so I have just recently learned about this whole Ron Paul fiasco.  Perhaps some of the more politically inclined members care to shed a bit more light as to why there is so little coverage of this candidate.  

Also, suppose that he does indeed win, would things like PIPA and SOPA even be an issue?  

I find the whole media blackout of this guy fascinating, I'm sure I'm not alone.

 

 

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3123
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
He doesn't follow the

He doesn't follow the script. For the party or the media.

The problem is people that think like him rarely go into politics or journalism. The kind of person that just wants to do his job and then be left alone.

So they really can't relate to him, so they ignore him.

 

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
Sage_Override's picture
Posts: 578
Joined: 2008-10-14
User is offlineOffline
There's a lot of rumblings

There's a lot of rumblings about him being a bigot, a racist, etc.  None of that shit withstanding, even if he were to get elected, nothing would change; he's just another politician revving up the populace with false promises, hollow opinions and a clear agenda to fuck America more efficiently.

"When the majority believes in what is false, the truth becomes a quest." - Me


devilsadvoc8
devilsadvoc8's picture
Posts: 19
Joined: 2008-04-05
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:There's

Sage_Override wrote:

There's a lot of rumblings about him being a bigot, a racist, etc.  None of that shit withstanding, even if he were to get elected, nothing would change; he's just another politician revving up the populace with false promises, hollow opinions and a clear agenda to fuck America more efficiently.

 

I disagree.  This guy is someone who wouldn't cater to special interests and doesn't play the politics game. 

 

Now, his beliefs and what he would do are a different story.  Unfortunately the American public doesn't get the opportunity to evaluate his positions due to media bias.  He has some way out there ideas that may or may not work.  I applaud him for being one of the few politicians who is there to make a difference not entrench themselves in political power for decades to come.  Whether he would make things worse or better, sadly, we won't know.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchins


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13248
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:There's

Sage_Override wrote:

There's a lot of rumblings about him being a bigot, a racist, etc.  None of that shit withstanding, even if he were to get elected, nothing would change; he's just another politician revving up the populace with false promises, hollow opinions and a clear agenda to fuck America more efficiently.

He's not out to fuck America, he's in the Republican field. Name me one republican that would fuck America over. Any Republican who gets elected will serve us well. Protect the rich and that is all you have to do. The middle class and working poor should simply accept the crumbs we are thrown by the rich. Ron Paul is the best, at least he's willing to allow prostitution and smoking pot. Profits can be gained by legalizing both.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


blacklight915
blacklight915's picture
Posts: 544
Joined: 2011-12-23
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:He's not out

Brian37 wrote:

He's not out to fuck America, he's in the Republican field. Name me one republican that would fuck America over. Any Republican who gets elected will serve us well. Protect the rich and that is all you have to do. The middle class and working poor should simply accept the crumbs we are thrown by the rich. Ron Paul is the best, at least he's willing to allow prostitution and smoking pot. Profits can be gained by legalizing both.

 

Except that, unlike the other Republicans, he actually supports the "free market". For example, he is against government bailouts, government subsidies, the so-called "corporate welfare", and any sort of "special privileges" given to any business. He is also against war--meaning the troops come home, military spending gets reduced, and all those military bases America has around the world get shut down. He also wants to end the war on drugs--which will get rid of a ton of useless spending and get all drug users not convicted of another crime out of prison. He also supports lower taxes for all people and all businesses. Small businesses are the biggest creators of jobs in America. Reducing the costs required to start a small business will allow more people to actually do so--which means lots more jobs.

 

Ron Paul wants to take power away from the government. The less power the government has, the less worthwhile it is to spend tons of money lobbying it for special privileges. The people who benefit most from a powerful government are those who can sway its power in their direction. 

 


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4169
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 Ron Paul is libertarian

 Ron Paul is libertarian and sticks to his principles. The left hates his guts because he is against all their pet programs and was pushing to investigate the federal reserve before it was trendy. The right hates his guts because he has been consistently against our various military actions, the patriot act  and all of their big government actions.

 

The media hates his guts because his supporters are hyper-aggressive and annoy the hell out of them. I have heard what I consider reasonable media people who might be biased but try to be fair talk about how annoying Ron Paul supporters are. So many respond by simply ignoring him since no matter what they do or what they say the Ron Paul supporters are going to be all over them.

 

Personally, my beliefs line up with Ron Paul's a lot but I have a hard time seeing him as an effective President. If he were to get the republican nomination by some freak sequence of events, I might consider voting for him. Otherwise, its 3rd party for me again this year. 


Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
Posts: 868
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
Same here. Gary Johnson. 

Same here. Gary Johnson.

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13248
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Ron

Beyond Saving wrote:

 Ron Paul is libertarian and sticks to his principles. The left hates his guts because he is against all their pet programs and was pushing to investigate the federal reserve before it was trendy. The right hates his guts because he has been consistently against our various military actions, the patriot act  and all of their big government actions.

 

The media hates his guts because his supporters are hyper-aggressive and annoy the hell out of them. I have heard what I consider reasonable media people who might be biased but try to be fair talk about how annoying Ron Paul supporters are. So many respond by simply ignoring him since no matter what they do or what they say the Ron Paul supporters are going to be all over them.

 

Personally, my beliefs line up with Ron Paul's a lot but I have a hard time seeing him as an effective President. If he were to get the republican nomination by some freak sequence of events, I might consider voting for him. Otherwise, its 3rd party for me again this year. 

I am for pot being legal. I am for prostitution being legal. I am not for either BEING UNREGULATED. Just like I am for cars and highways but not for no speed limits. Just like I am for sports cars but not speeding.

Ron Paul is a FUCKING IDIOT in that he has the same fucking stupid mentality as those on the right he claims to reject. NO GOVERNMENT IS GOOD GOVERNMENT.

NONE OF YOU would eat at a joint where the health inspectors said "If you got rat shit in your pizza no one told you to buy the pizza there"

He is a novelty act and an idiot.

NO GOVERNMENT is what idiots who support him want. No government is the ploy that the right wing uses to pit the classes against each other.

Being against exploitation does not mean fascist state. Being for speed limits does not make one anti car.

Ron Paul is merely Pop Rocks and jumping the shark. It sounds good, but just like Santa, no substance, and full of utopia thinking.

Ron Paul is a fucking idiot. He is the LAST person I would vote for in convincing the nation that pot and brothels SHOULD BE legal. Because he would be the last one with the ability to do it safely. I cant trust someone who thinks raw milk is ok. That would be like going to the Bunny Ranch and saying "If you get aids it is your fault".

AND if he did make both those legal, it would be like making elevators with no emergency breaks legal.

Ron Paul is a fucking idiot and I want pot and  brothels to be legsl. UNLIKE YOU I WANT THEM to be regulated just like seat belts and speed limits.

NO RULES is what Somalia has. Ron Paul would make a great ruler there.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
Sage_Override's picture
Posts: 578
Joined: 2008-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote:He's not out to fuck

Quote:
He's not out to fuck America, he's in the Republican field. Name me one republican that would fuck America over. Any Republican who gets elected will serve us well. Protect the rich and that is all you have to do. The middle class and working poor should simply accept the crumbs we are thrown by the rich.

 

You sly son of a bitch, do I detect deliberate sarcasm? 

"When the majority believes in what is false, the truth becomes a quest." - Me


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1829
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Well, one way or another,

Well, one way or another, some change in the near future is unavoidable.  The current system is not sustainable, we're just using bandaid over bandaid.  Someone like Ron Paul will prevail simply because he is different then the status quo.  

 

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


blacklight915
blacklight915's picture
Posts: 544
Joined: 2011-12-23
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:The

Beyond Saving wrote:

The media hates his guts because his supporters are hyper-aggressive and annoy the hell out of them. I have heard what I consider reasonable media people who might be biased but try to be fair talk about how annoying Ron Paul supporters are. So many respond by simply ignoring him since no matter what they do or what they say the Ron Paul supporters are going to be all over them.

Hmm, looks like I have quite the reputation to live up to...

 

Brian37 wrote:

I am for pot being legal. I am for prostitution being legal. I am not for either BEING UNREGULATED. Just like I am for cars and highways but not for no speed limits. Just like I am for sports cars but not speeding.

Ron Paul is a FUCKING IDIOT in that he has the same fucking stupid mentality as those on the right he claims to reject. NO GOVERNMENT IS GOOD GOVERNMENT.

NONE OF YOU would eat at a joint where the health inspectors said "If you got rat shit in your pizza no one told you to buy the pizza there"

He is a novelty act and an idiot.

NO GOVERNMENT is what idiots who support him want. No government is the ploy that the right wing uses to pit the classes against each other.

Being against exploitation does not mean fascist state. Being for speed limits does not make one anti car.

Ron Paul is merely Pop Rocks and jumping the shark. It sounds good, but just like Santa, no substance, and full of utopia thinking.

Ron Paul is a fucking idiot. He is the LAST person I would vote for in convincing the nation that pot and brothels SHOULD BE legal. Because he would be the last one with the ability to do it safely. I cant trust someone who thinks raw milk is ok. That would be like going to the Bunny Ranch and saying "If you get aids it is your fault".

AND if he did make both those legal, it would be like making elevators with no emergency breaks legal.

Ron Paul is a fucking idiot and I want pot and  brothels to be legsl. UNLIKE YOU I WANT THEM to be regulated just like seat belts and speed limits.

NO RULES is what Somalia has. Ron Paul would make a great ruler there.

You must realize that government is not the only entity capable of regulating and keeping people safe.

Average people like you and me telling their friends and neighbors about unsafe practices is the initiator behind everything that keeps us safe. The only reason we even have all those regulatory agencies is because of groups of people telling the government to stop practices they don't like. However, those same people don't always stop to think if passing new laws is actually the most effective way to solve the problem.

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13248
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:
He's not out to fuck America, he's in the Republican field. Name me one republican that would fuck America over. Any Republican who gets elected will serve us well. Protect the rich and that is all you have to do. The middle class and working poor should simply accept the crumbs we are thrown by the rich.

 

You sly son of a bitch, do I detect deliberate sarcasm? 

Sarcasm? Not me, I'm a good boy.

If they want to elect the Kript Keeper lawn Jockey, Good luck with that. But the problem with Ron Paul is that the tactic, even if you de fund the tax cuts, without the regulations you are still going to be allowing the abuse that caused this mess. So before you reduce regulations you have to foster a climate where the private sector WANTS to behave. Otherwise all you are saying is that you are going to let everyone speed on the highway. Cops are going to be needed just like you would want a health inspector checking out the places you eat at.

Pot that is legally sold in California is still regulated. Prostitution that is legal in Nevada is still regulated. Paul is an idiot for suggesting we should be allowed to sell raw milk. There ARE dishonest scammers already out there who already take advantage of people. We've already allowed the top run the economy into the ditch. I am not going to hand the drivers seat to someone who would simply allow another BIGGER bubble to blow up in our faces in the future. No one in the the republican field has the slightest interest in trying to prevent those things from happening again.

Not to mention none of them give a shit about reducing the pay gap or cost of living.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4169
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Paul is an

Brian37 wrote:

 Paul is an idiot for suggesting we should be allowed to sell raw milk. 

 

Whats your beef with raw milk? Raw milk is already sold in many states, it is only a legal issue if you drive across state border. Do you have any evidence that raw milk is so exceptionally dangerous? Why should it be perfectly legal to buy raw milk and drink it in Pennsylvania, but if you are across the border and want the farmer to ship you the milk, it is illegal. 


Dmasterman
atheist
Posts: 54
Joined: 2010-01-01
User is offlineOffline
He's the only guy that wants

He's the only guy that wants to end the ridiculous wars and stop the NDAA, SOPA/ACTA

 

When both the left and right attack him and try to censor him, you know something is wrong there


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi

Hi,

I like Ron Paul. I do hope he becomes president. He may be a Mason but there is no proof of this. This is where i actually agree with you guys about Fox News.

Fox News discredits Ron Paul as often as possible. Lie about his influence with American voters and ridicule him and those who vote for him as often as possible.

It kind of seems like a conspiracy, but i don't know, Fox News regarding this issue, are a bunch of whores trying to report the truth.

but they are way better then the constant liars of MSNBC and NBC or so fourth.

I think the issue with Ron Paul is that he wants to eliminate the power of the Federal Reserve. He has spoken on this often. I'm not sure, but this  may be the driving force why even fox news hates him.

I agree with Ron Paul, we should eliminate the Federal Reserve.

I am surprised he is still alive. Those who fight against the NWO in the spotlight are typically murdereed. He is still alive. This is only possible by God's Grace.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

 

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


ThunderJones (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Whaa?

Dude i've been reading your posts and they are utter nonsense.

One example: "He may be a Mason but there is no proof of this." What is the point of this sentence?

You also make rational open-minded religious people look really bad because of your ignorant views.