Another victory for Jefferson's wall.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Another victory for Jefferson's wall.

RI public school MUST take down sectarian prayer.

Now to the Christians who might read this. This is good for all of society, this is not evil communism or calls for fascism. This is consistent with Jefferson's Virginia Religious Freedom act that Madison used as the prototype for the First Amendment. It is not a call to ban religion from society, but an adjustment back to the neutrality of the Constitution. The ruling is consent with the Fist Amendment and "No Religious Test" and even the Barbary Treaty article 11.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/federal-court-sides-with-ri-atheist-student-and-orders-public-school-to-remove-praye...

If it had been a Hindu or Buddhist or Jewish student suing and not an atheist, the court was right because the school is favoring Christianity above all others.

To understand HINT HINT HINT certain theists members who advocate theocracy. Would you send your kid to a school that taught everyone that they were superior to your kid because their government favored them over your kid?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually...

I always like to point out when this subject comes up, that the ORIGINAL suit that caused the Supreme Court to rule that government sponsored prayer not be allowed in public schools was brought by a Unitarian Minister who didn't want his kid exposed to doctrines that contradicted his own. Madelyn O'Hare joined the suit on behalf of her son, and being who she was, took most of the credit, but the original action was made by a Christian.

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Take a look at the screen

Take a look at the screen shots in response to her court victory.

http://jesusfetusfajitafishsticks.blogspot.com/2012/01/ahlquist-screenshots-if-by-christian.html

All the more reason to do what she did. Imagine what Christians would do if there were no Constitution to protect non Christians.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog