Pat Robertson: Legalize Marijuana

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pat Robertson: Legalize Marijuana

I never thought I'd hear Pat Robertson say this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR8B4BXAZb0

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline

Pat Robertson came out this week with another endorsement for legalizing pot.  He said it's a nonviolent crime, it costs too much money to fight, and the war has failed.  I agree!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwyc2ymKYUQ

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Philosophicus wrote:  He

Philosophicus wrote:

He said it's a nonviolent crime, it costs too much money to fight, and the war has failed.  I agree!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwyc2ymKYUQ

Well, good for him.  Funny though, the same thing could be said about homosexuality because homosexuality is a "nonviolent crime", it "costs too much money to fight" and "the war has failed."  But I doubt we'll see him reverse his position about that.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
A broken clock can get the

A broken clock can get the time right twice a day.

Pat is back peddling now because he realizes his  fire and brimstone bullshit isn't selling anymore.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:A broken clock

Brian37 wrote:

A broken clock can get the time right twice a day.

Good... cuz then that means I'm right about everything twice a day Sticking out tongue

So Pat Robertson is practicing the "well, it's time to mellow out and kiss ass" tactic of zealous promotion. Is it not natural for anyone like him to do such?

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
deleted

deleted

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
tonyjeffers

tonyjeffers wrote:

deleted

"deleted" or not, I'd like to read the full thing or whatever is left of it in post or PM, if you don't mind.

Speaking with 'inevitable regret' rarely helps anyone, if you get my drift.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.facebook.com/photo

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
tonyjeffers

So wrong, but so right! I fucking like it already.

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:tonyjeffers

Kapkao wrote:

So wrong, but so right! I fucking like it already.

Stay tuned Kapkao. A couple ruthless bastard friends of mine are gonna be administrators for me. Over the next few days there will be a collection of about 200 priceless memes. Please post on the wall if you "like". It needs 25 likes to become a webpage.

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline

Kapkao wrote:

So Pat Robertson is practicing the "well, it's time to mellow out and kiss ass" tactic of zealous promotion. Is it not natural for anyone like him to do such?

It looks like Pat Robertson is loosening up a bit in the sexual realm, too.  He said that anything a married couple wants to do sexually is ok: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeCbRuzSZzw

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Well, isn't that

Well, isn't that interesting. The Young Turk video in the OP is from Dec 2010. IOW Pat Robertson has been saying this for years. Funny how it is getting all this attention now. 

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pat Robertson approves

Pat Robertson approves ganja? Well then, he might soon change the liturgical music to something like that: 

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm more of an Obyrith/Queen

I'm more of an Obyrith/Queen of Chaos kinda guy myself. Eye-wink

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote: Well,

ex-minister wrote:

Well, isn't that interesting. The Young Turk video in the OP is from Dec 2010. IOW Pat Robertson has been saying this for years. Funny how it is getting all this attention now. 

It's getting attention because Colorado and Washington state both have amendments to legalize Recreational Pot on the November ballot.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.