Time to ban A_Nony_Mouse?

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
Time to ban A_Nony_Mouse?

Greets,

As I've said a number of times, my primary interest in this site is the science posts.  The number of high quality references to recent scientific discoveries is very high and I enjoy reading links about various discoveries.  I read about the pending announcement of the Higg's boson here before any other non-news websites I visit, and the recently announced ability to view the inside of living cells hasn't made it to any other website I visit.

During a number of conversations about purchasing a new web server, I also mentioned that I felt that the "secular humanism" mission of this website was an admirable goal, and I've offered publicly and privately to provide some amount of financial support, provided various conditions are met, to that end.  In my experience, when people of widely divergent world-views agree on something, it seems to have a much better chance of being a "good idea" (assuming all parties agree it is a "good idea&quotEye-wink than not.

It's also been my observation that when people of divergent opinions think that something is a "bad idea", or a person is a "bad person", there's a very good chance that others would likewise agree than not.

That seems to be the case with A_Nony_Mouse -- the number of people who are decrying his naked bigotry isn't small.  His willingness to attack people as puppets of Jews simply because they call him out on his bigotry is evidence that his bigotry knows no bounds.  If he just attacked Jews, I'd be fine with that -- Jews seem to get used to it after a while -- but anyone who doesn't cower to his repeated attacks is labeled a sympathizer and a puppet of the Jews.  His willingness to make absurd claims that are not, in any way, based on Scientific evidence is inconsistent with what seems to be the approach this website takes: presenting clearly supported scientific evidence as a way of combating ignorance.

Between his bigotry and anti-Science stances on the subject of his bigotry, his attitudes seem to be completely inconsistent with two key goals: present clearly supported scientific evidence about the nature of reality, and creating a society that's free from the types of hatred that he spews on a regular basis.

For these reasons, I would like to suggest that he be banned, or at the very minimum given a nice long vacation.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 2647
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:FurryCatHerder

cj wrote:

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Especially since he claims that Judaism is a fairly recent (read: less than 3,500 years old ...) invention and that we're really Greeks somehow.

Egypt was a Theocracy while we were still slaves there, and the Egyptian empire was well before the Greeks.  Or Judeans ...

I don't buy the Greek theory and neither does any other reputable historian/archaeologist that I have heard of.  So Anony is only partially correct. And he will not like it that I don't buy into this theory.  Tough, he has to give me peer reviewed evidence before I will even consider it.  The archaeological evidence is available for you in peer reviewed journals, so go look it up.  Read something other than the bible for factual history and not wishful thinking.

While the word originates from the Greek language, this form of government wasn't "invented" by the Greeks either.

There were many other societies ruled by a person or people who claimed to have a direction connection to their "creator". Many had some form of divine influence from their god(s) in some form or fashion. They all had rules and laws which were given to the leader as if they were special people who channeled the rule of their god(s). Abraham wasn't alone in this respect.

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:No Furry, the

Vastet wrote:
No Furry, the UN stole land and gave it to the jews so they'd have a place to go after WWII. Which is fine. But it should have been taken from Germany or maybe Italy, the perpetrators of the holocaust. Not some primitive nomadic cultures. And what happened was remarkably similar to the colonisation of North America. With every passing year the local arabs were more marginalised in favour of the mass introdus (I coined a phrase Sticking out tongue) of jews, until you get to today where the vast majority of arabs around Israel are in concentration camps. You can't pretend the creation of a government in a place where there was none isn't theft. That knocking homes down isn't theft. The arabs had no choice in the matter, it was forced on them. Which is theft. Period.

Argh.

The United Nations proposed a change in GOVERNMENT.  It did not confiscate the LAND that was to be GOVERNED.

And the vast majority of Arabs around Israel (by which I assume you mean Judea and Samaria, not Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt) are NOT in concentration camps.  This is a concentration camp:

Those objects on the carts are dead bodies, in case you're having a hard time figuring that out.

This is Ramallah, the de facto capital of the Palestinian Authority in Judea --

I see a mosque, what looks to be some apartment buildings, some vehicles, trees, grass.  What I don't see is people who were being starved to death pushing a couple of carts with dead bodies on them.

Here's a YouTube video from Ramallah.  The narration is in Spanish, but you don't need to listen to the narration.  The only people in the video who you probably think are "oppressed" is all the hijabis.  I'm sure you'd prefer for women to dress like prostitutes, but that's another topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYNGmWfGerw

I don't know how to embed YouTube videos properly, so you'll have to click the link.  I promise -- no dead people being pushed on carts.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:cj

digitalbeachbum wrote:

cj wrote:

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Especially since he claims that Judaism is a fairly recent (read: less than 3,500 years old ...) invention and that we're really Greeks somehow.

Egypt was a Theocracy while we were still slaves there, and the Egyptian empire was well before the Greeks.  Or Judeans ...

I don't buy the Greek theory and neither does any other reputable historian/archaeologist that I have heard of.  So Anony is only partially correct. And he will not like it that I don't buy into this theory.  Tough, he has to give me peer reviewed evidence before I will even consider it.  The archaeological evidence is available for you in peer reviewed journals, so go look it up.  Read something other than the bible for factual history and not wishful thinking.

While the word originates from the Greek language, this form of government wasn't "invented" by the Greeks either.

There were many other societies ruled by a person or people who claimed to have a direction connection to their "creator". Many had some form of divine influence from their god(s) in some form or fashion. They all had rules and laws which were given to the leader as if they were special people who channeled the rule of their god(s). Abraham wasn't alone in this respect.

 

My understanding from the previous posts is that the claim was that the Hebrew language was based on the Greek language.  If we are talking only about one word - Jew - as being of Greek origin, that may be.  I have no expertise on the subject.  And not much interest in researching it.

 

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13248
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
STOP IT FURRY,I am sick of

STOP IT FURRY,

I am sick of ANYONE, any gay, any black any Jew any Native American any Muslim, WAY AFTER THE FACT, milking the past.

What happened to the Jews in WW2 WAS BAD! Hitler used the Jews as a scapegoat. But that misses the entire history of our species that evolution has always had power shifts and quite often humans justify harm to others over ideology, race, nationality, politics and religion.

Genocide is wrong. Hate the abuse of Stalin and Hitler. But you cling to that suffering as if human suffering did not exist before Hebrews. You cling to that as if even today humans who are not Jews don't suffer.

But this is a mistake humanity has always made, because they see suffering as a label issue, and not part of our evolution or human condition.

You are NOT special because of what Germany did WRONGFULLY to Jews. If they had focused on Christians, or Muslims or Hindus instead, WE should all react rightfully the way the west did, not because Jews were being slaughtered, but because humans were being slaughtered.

Andrew Jackson on a smaller scale did the same thing Hitler did. He scapegoated Native Americans  and slaughtered them.

The point is not to forget the past, the point is to remember that we are all human, all labels aside. The older Jews closer to that event are fewer because of time, but would understand more the plight of non Jewish minorities than you do.

No one is special in the history of our species. Human suffering is not the invention of a race or religion or nationality. Suffering has always existed in human history.

There is no "virtue of the oppressed". There is only one species who forgets that labels are not as important as remembering that suffering is suffering and no group, or race, or nationality or political party, invented suffering and owns a monopoly on it.

WE SHOULD remember what happened to Jews. But we should also remember what has happened to women, and blacks and Native Americans and Muslims who are minorities in the west. If you set up a pecking order, just like Germany did in thinking Germans were better than everyone else, then you DO NOT value the message all of humanity should learn from the Holocaust.

Human suffering is the lesson of the Holocaust, not Jews being special. HUMAN SUFFERING!

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:My understanding

cj wrote:
My understanding from the previous posts is that the claim was that the Hebrew language was based on the Greek language.  If we are talking only about one word - Jew - as being of Greek origin, that may be.  I have no expertise on the subject.  And not much interest in researching it.

Ah, hadn't considered that -- the claim was that Greeks invented "theocracy", as I recall (can't scroll up ...).  Sure, why not.  But the =concept= of a theocracy predates the Greek word "theocracy".

Quote:

Origin:
1615–25;  < Greek theokratía. See theo-, -cracy

 

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:cj

FurryCatHerder wrote:

cj wrote:
My understanding from the previous posts is that the claim was that the Hebrew language was based on the Greek language.  If we are talking only about one word - Jew - as being of Greek origin, that may be.  I have no expertise on the subject.  And not much interest in researching it.

Ah, hadn't considered that -- the claim was that Greeks invented "theocracy", as I recall (can't scroll up ...).  Sure, why not.  But the =concept= of a theocracy predates the Greek word "theocracy".

Quote:

Origin:
1615–25;  < Greek theokratía. See theo-, -cracy

 

 

Some white European type invented the word by putting together two Greek terms.  They were doing a lot of that during the Renaissance.  The concept, as you say, is much older.  As many rulers took on the mantle of "son of the god we all worship" to enhance their power/prestige.  Not much mystery there.

The origin of the word Jew - don't know, don't care. 

Hebrew being a derivative language of Greek - not real likely.

Jews (Canaanites) collectively slaves in Egypt.  No.  Slaves building the pyramids.  No.  A character called Moses a foster brother to a Pharaoh.  No.  Plagues in Egypt.  No.  Parting the Red (or Reed) Sea.  No.  Exile in the desert for 40 years.  No.

There just isn't much in the way of history in the bible or torah or any other religious tome.

 

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:FurryCatHerder

cj wrote:

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Especially since he claims that Judaism is a fairly recent (read: less than 3,500 years old ...) invention and that we're really Greeks somehow.

Egypt was a Theocracy while we were still slaves there, and the Egyptian empire was well before the Greeks.  Or Judeans ...

 

Judaism is less than 3,500 years old.  Archaeological evidence is that monotheism in the area does not appear in the area until approximately 600 BCE.  Which makes it more like 2,700 years old.  Prior to that everyone was polytheistic - Sun-Father, Moon-Mother, Star-Children.  Very typical astronomical polytheism, similar to many other polytheistic religions of that time.  Wishing otherwise does not address the evidence.

You just keep on believing that.

We do know, with absolute certainty, that Solomon's temple was built prior to, well, prior to when it was destroyed circa 585BCE.

There are two major problems with claims that there was no temple prior to circa 600 BCE.  The first is that we're unable to excavate on the Temple Mount because the Arabs won't let us, and if we excavate =under= the Temple Mount, they pitch a fit as well.  The second is that the Tanakh clearly states that we engaged in some pretty heavy-duty polytheism prior to the destruction of the First Temple, so claims that there were polytheistic practices neither confirms nor denies our presence -- if the Tanakh is correct, evidence of polytheism supports the Tanakh, and if the Tanakh is incorrect, evidence of polytheism supports that conclusion as well.  Thus, any evidence of polytheism is simply irrelevant.

That leaves only archeological evidence.  It turns out that the Arabs are doing everything they can to delegitimate our claims to having ever built =any= Temple there and have been busily removing whatever material they can and hauling it off to the dump.  The Temple Mount Antiquities Salvage Operation proceeded to sift through what the Arabs hauled off to the dump and =did= manage to find artifacts from the First Temple era prior to 600BCE.  It seems the Muslims decided to build an UNDERGROUND mosque.  How nice.

So, claiming that there is =no= evidence is false on two counts:

1). There is evidence and it was found by the Temple Mount Antiquities Salvage Operation.

2). There is =limited= evidence because excavating on the Temple Mount would result in major conflict from both religious Muslims and Orthodox Jews.

This gets down to the issue of how accurate Kethuvim is, since Kethuvim is the section of the Tanakh which deals with historical matters.  During excavations of other Temple Mount sites, evidence supporting the Kingdom of Judah dating back to the 10th century BCE has been found and it corresponds to textual material in I Kings and II Kings, as well as I Chronicles and II Chronicles and others.  The material was dated in the usual scientific manner and is consistent with dates we have for the materials =from= the Tanakh.

So.  That means you're batting about 0.000 thus far.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

cj wrote:
My understanding from the previous posts is that the claim was that the Hebrew language was based on the Greek language.  If we are talking only about one word - Jew - as being of Greek origin, that may be.  I have no expertise on the subject.  And not much interest in researching it.

Let me try again. Hebrew clearly is based upon Aramaic which was the language of the region. However it differs uniquely from Aramaic in its heavy usages of Greek grammar and has a large number of Greek loan words which are merely Greek words spelled backwards. Since the languages are written in different directions it suggests they were originally plain Greek words that believers started reading backwards. Greek prefixes and suffixes become Hebrew suffixes and prefixes.

Add to that there is no evidence Hebrew was ever a spoken language in ancient times in fact at any time until modern. Other than the Old Testament books which first appear in history in Greek and known as the Septuagint the only other source of "hebrew" is the Mishna. The Talmud is in Aramaic.

Beyond the Dead Sea Scrolls which do include an abbreviated version of the Septuagint in this "hebrew" language all of the other writings found in bibleland which can be considered native are Phoenician and Aramaic.

For example the so-called tunnel inscription is written in Phoenician. As there is nothing on the inscription mentioning anything biblical it has no bible connection. Someone who knew about the tunnel which was known in ancient times could have incorporated it as a plot device into any story. The inscription in Phoenician is contrary to the bible. Believers declare Phoenician to be Hebrew. Things are so easy for believers. Beliefs do not have to make sense.

I have put the first 26 pages of the text on my website if interested. www.giwersworld.org/HEB-GREEK/ It is not an easy read, in fact it is quite a dull read. But it does address the non-existence of examples written Hebrew outside of liturgical material and no mention of anyone speaking it. Further note this is similar to what we find in Ladino and the better known Yiddish, sort of a private dialect of the dominant local language as Yiddish is basically German.

 

 

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

digitalbeachbum wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
When Judeans invented theocracy...

I dispute that Judeans "invented" theocracy.

Name an older political organization that was directly ruled by priests. The Maccabes set themselves up as priest-kings to rule Judea according to the books thereof and Josephus. I am unaware of any prior such ruling structure. Kings generally did pick up the titular head of religions such as the emperor becoming Pontifex Maximus of Rome. That is not the same thing.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

Vastet wrote:
Quote:
Fake atheist of course because there is no explanation as to why Judaism is the only religion an "atheist" defends. Izziehugger also as it is the only foreign occupation being defended.
Just proving your bigotry. I never defended judaism, I attacked your bigotry. That you can't tell the difference is further proof of your bigotry. You spew it everywhere.
Quote:
It is equally delusional to think discrediting Jesus and Mohamed would affect the others.
Unlike yourself, I'm not stupid enough to suggest that attacking one religion damages three.
Quote:
Please explain why only Judaism should be off limits.
More proof of your bigotry. Where did I ever say judaism should be off limits? Attacking every religion is good. Being a bigot in the process is counter-productive, however.

What it really is is that there are a lot of you folks making the same accusation and I did not keep notes on exactly who said what. As you will not give me specifics I was guessing. So a wrong guess. And since you refuse specifics I leave you to your fixation.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Vastet wrote:
FurryCatHerder wrote:

I've not seen anything from him about Israel that is more than marginally justified.  Mostly he repeats very old and tired myths about Jewish origins and implies that there were no Jews is modern Israel prior to the rise of Zionism.  He also ignores the expulsion of Jews from Arab states and other acts of violence against Jews both within and without Eretz Yisrael.

I refer to Israel and its policies today, not his arguments on now irrelevant history (irrelevant because the conflict today isn't driven by that history). Israel is a tyranny, in that much he is correct. The only bigger global offender against freedom and human rights today is America. He is also correct that it should not exist. The UN had no right to take people's land and give it away just because Hitler was a fucknut. But it does exist now, and destroying it is just ending a wrong with another wrong, and it wouldn't fix the situation either.

The UN did NOT take anyones land from anyone.  What they did was change the GOVERNMENT of that land, which is not the same taking land.  David Ben-Gurion made it very clear that any Arabs in what would become Israel were welcome to stay and live in peace and enjoy whatever prosperity Israel had to offer.  That Israel is the most democratic, free, prosperous, etc. nation in the region should speak volumes to how poorly the Arabs chose.

On one hand we can assume that was just for western consumption while the Jews terrorized the Palestinians out of the country.

Or we can accept he really meant it and would have been satisfied to have them stay and vote Zionism out of existence with the first election.

Which would a rational person choose to think was the truth?

As Benny Morris concluded, the expulsion was a good thing because without it there would be no Israel.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

FurryCatHerder wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
When Judeans invented theocracy...

I dispute that Judeans "invented" theocracy.

Especially since he claims that Judaism is a fairly recent (read: less than 3,500 years old ...) invention and that we're really Greeks somehow.

Egypt was a Theocracy while we were still slaves there, and the Egyptian empire was well before the Greeks.  Or Judeans ...

The Maccabes were the ones who invented it. The Septuagint appeared in history about that time.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

digitalbeachbum wrote:
FurryCatHerder wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
When Judeans invented theocracy...
I dispute that Judeans "invented" theocracy.
Especially since he claims that Judaism is a fairly recent (read: less than 3,500 years old ...) invention and that we're really Greeks somehow.

Egypt was a Theocracy while we were still slaves there, and the Egyptian empire was well before the Greeks.  Or Judeans ...

given that "theocracy" is basically a religious government where the god(s) are the supreme ruler then the Judeans are not the first and the certainly did not invent it.

The meaning of a theocracy is rule by priests. Priests just think they are gods.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

digitalbeachbum wrote:
...

You are forgetting why the Jews wanted that land. Do you think the UN took a dart and threw it at the map and said "oh, here is where we will place them"?

Nope. This was holy land and the connection to it was deep for all those involved. It had been fought over many thousands of years all for some bullshit reason.

And the "theft" of land is nothing new. One society conquers one society, displaces another, absorbs another all for the same bullshit reasons.

May I suggest the thousands of years part is zionist fantasy? We know the history of bibleland for roughly 2500 years. There was fighting over the territory as territory but for stated religious reasons there was only the Crusades. Islam took it originally because it was on the way towards Byzantium. Rome annexed it for political reasons. Alexander didn't even notice it existed. The New Kingdom took it as part of getting as much of the land of the expelled Hyksos as possible.

The reason to spread the idea of thousands of years is to present the modern Jewish conquest as nothing new when in fact it is little more than a rehash of the Crusades. The first Crusade managed to hang on for 117 years before Saladin got rid of them.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

cj wrote:
FurryCatHerder wrote:
Especially since he claims that Judaism is a fairly recent (read: less than 3,500 years old ...) invention and that we're really Greeks somehow.

Egypt was a Theocracy while we were still slaves there, and the Egyptian empire was well before the Greeks.  Or Judeans ...

Judaism is less than 3,500 years old.  Archaeological evidence is that monotheism in the area does not appear in the area until approximately 600 BCE.  Which makes it more like 2,700 years old.  Prior to that everyone was polytheistic - Sun-Father, Moon-Mother, Star-Children.  Very typical astronomical polytheism, similar to many other polytheistic religions of that time.  Wishing otherwise does not address the evidence.

For what it is worth I have investigated every bit of archaeological evidence AND argumentation which tries to claim monotheism started in the 7th c. BC. I can find none. If you know of any physical evidence of it that I might have missed please post it. You can also try the argumentation route if you wish.

Fact is there is evidence of polytheism in Roman times. Surviving records say Herod built of temple to Astarte in Caesarea. There is also mention of a temple to her next to the Antonine Barracks which were definitely on the same hill as the Dome of the Rock. That means one of her temples was in Jerusalem in the 1st c. AD. I suggest if the records of the priestesses of her temple had survived we would have a much better understanding.

The Galilean god whose metaphor is as a father is clearly not that of the Judeans. Josephus records they were conquered and Yahweh worship imposed on them by military force. The same with the Samaritans.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

zarathustra wrote:
Vastet wrote:
No Furry, the UN stole land and gave it to the jews so they'd have a place to go after WWII. Which is fine. But it should have been taken from Germany or maybe Italy, the perpetrators of the holocaust.
I think it would be simpler for the U.S. to give up 40 miles of desert in the Southwest for the purpose.  The quality of land would be similar, and it would be less costly than the amount in aid given to Israel every year, not to mention the anger (however incongruent) of 1 billion muslims.   

Vastet wrote:
And what happened was remarkably similar to the colonisation of North America.

It will likely grow more similar to apartheid-era South Africa as the Arab-Israeli population overtakes the Jewish population, as its higher birthrate ensures it will.

The Brits offered the Zionists land in Africa which they refused. Stalin created a Jewish republic for them but they refused although it still exists to this day.

They fixated on bibleland because it was the only place that would fit the sales pitch to bring in money and people dumb enough to go there. As the old joke goes ... A Zionist is a Jew who collects money from another Jew to send a third Jew to Palestine. They started with backwards, illiterate peasants from the Pale, those so ignorant as to never have heard of America where all the smart ones went. 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10143
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Quote:You are forgetting why

Quote:
You are forgetting why the Jews wanted that land. Do you think the UN took a dart and threw it at the map and said "oh, here is where we will place them"?

I'm not forgetting that, however their wishes were irrelevant and should have been ignored completely. Take a piece of Germany or nothing at all.

Furry, you can choose to believe it wasn't theft, but you'll never convince me or millions of others like me who know theft when they see it. And Israel was created by theft. There is no argument there.

And all Palestine is a concentration camp. Replete with corpses, including those of children. Israel is literally repeating the crimes of nazi Germany. They just aren't using gas chambers.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10143
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:What it

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
What it really is is that there are a lot of you folks making the same accusation

That alone is proof. There's a saying. If one person calls you an ass, he's probably an ass himself. But if 30 people of varied beliefs and opinions calls you an ass, take a look in the mirror, because you're an ass.

And I gave you specifics, you simply ignore them. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.......

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:A_Nony_Mouse

Vastet wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
What it really is is that there are a lot of you folks making the same accusation
That alone is proof. There's a saying. If one person calls you an ass, he's probably an ass himself. But if 30 people of varied beliefs and opinions calls you an ass, take a look in the mirror, because you're an ass. And I gave you specifics, you simply ignore them. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.......

The best proof that he's a loon is to go do a bit of research on him.

A_Nony_Mouse's real name is apparently Matthew Giwer and he apparently lives in Tampa Bay, Florida.  He's been trolling the Internet, engaging in Holocaust denial for what looks to be about 15 =years=, going by the earliest references I can find.  He was already a well-established Holocaust denier by the mid 1990's when the World Wide Waste came into existence, so digging into old USENET archives would be the next place to find out how far back, and how wide ranging, his behavior goes -- I have found traces of him as far back as 1993, so he's been at it for pushing 20 years, based on that.

His "pattern" is to make wild and outlandish claims, and then to threaten either physical violence (I found where Giwers had been reported to an FBI field office, which is always lovely -- I've had to contact both the FBI and Secret Service about people myself, so it's =really= a lovely experience).  And there's NO indication Giwer's is an Atheist, only that he's a big-time holocaust denier with what looks to be some very serious delusions of conspiracies and persecutions.  Giwer's does appear to have attracted the attention of the Southern Poverty Law Center, so at least someone is watching him.

There's some indication that his real name might actually be Matthias Giwer (that or someone named Mattias Giwer apparently lives in his house ...), which could possibly mean he's one of ours that's gone crazy, or else some goy with a sense of humor gave their nice non-Jewish son a nice Jewish name.  If he's one of ours, my apologies -- "self-hating Jew" isn't just a phrase, it can be a real problem and produce some pretty crazed whack-jobs in the process.  This would explain why he knows so many things, most of which are wrong.  If you'd like to watch a movie that's based on a true story about a Jew turned KKK member, check out "The Believer".

Since his only apparent purpose is actually to engage in Holocaust Denial, something that I hope Atheists acknowledge happened, even if G-d doesn't exist, I'd hope that Brian now has a reason to dump his sorry ass and save himself the bandwidth charges.

And needless to say, all of this information has been gathered to the best of my ability and may be wrong. The reader is encouraged to verify any facts for themself and form their own opinion.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5801
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
A serious question,

A serious question, Furry....

While I have major problems with nony's obsession, could you point me to where he denies the Holocaust?

I don't recall him, asserting that in his posts, but I may have missed it.

I can find nothing pointing to that on his website, in fact at least some hint that he accepts it. His issues seem to be concentrated on what happened after WWII.

I am not saying you are wrong, just wanting to see where he asserts that...

 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
Sage_Override's picture
Posts: 578
Joined: 2008-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Since his only

Quote:

Since his only apparent purpose is actually to engage in Holocaust Denial, something that I hope Atheists acknowledge happened, even if G-d doesn't exist, I'd hope that Brian now has a reason to dump his sorry ass and save himself the bandwidth charges.

 

I see not responding to anything you post is an exercise in futility because something needs to be addressed...

Nothing you post deals with the betterment of humanity; it's all drama-driven and revolves around this whole holier-than-thou Jewish rhetoric from what I've read.  Nony might be off balance, but what gives you the right to make a post suggesting he be banned?  Has he personally threatened you?  Has he indicated a desire to harm you?  No?  If he has, show an instance where he has.  If not, then what's your malfunction?  If Brian felt his presence didn't belong on here anymore, rest assured that he would promptly deal with it.  You blatantly singling him out like some kind of ridiculous pseudo-forum enforcer was just lame.  Everyone is aware that he has a screw loose, but until you came along, it wasn't that big of an issue it seems. 

 

 

Quote:
And needless to say, all of this information has been gathered to the best of my ability and may be wrong. The reader is encouraged to verify any facts for themself and form their own opinion.

 

Encouraged?  Since most of the things you say and claim are 99% hollow, I'd say "the reader is HIGHLY ADVISED to verify" because I call BS right off the bat as to how you tied any of that info to Nony and this Matthew Giwer person as being the same.  I looked that name up and they both have strong anti-Semite views, as well as other racial views, but that doesn't prove at all that it's Nony.  That's like finding a random article written by a well-known atheist and trying to link the views of what you read to anyone with similar views on this forum.  A lot of people have similar understandings on various topics; that doesn't make them the same ANYTHING.  Hell, I've been strongly compared to Sir William Schwenck Gilbert for his satire, comedy and unusual viewpoints on society; does that make me him?  Of course not because he's been dead for about a hundred years for one thing and another, he was born in London.  Anyone can do what you did with minimal effort.  I found a thread from 2009 where Kevin Brown has some interesting things to say about Furry, by the way.  www.rationalresponders.com/forum/19184

 

   

What you did with Nony is you plugged his name into Google, got unlucky, searched for anti-semite material that closely resembled Nony and you took it from there.  I'm willing to friggin' bet that's what you did.  People like you can't be bothered to do any proper "research" so you go along with the first thing that sounds or looks plausible and off you go.

 

I plugged your forum name in for shits and giggles and found a lot of interesting stuff; blog sites (with global warming statistic propaganda) and people calling you a "feminist" and you affirming that in your own words (how much of one you are I have no idea nor do I care).  

 

Quote:
I am, and have been, a avowed feminist for 25 years. Whether I’ve been a contributor to such lists as “Abigail’s Rebels” (go look that one up if anyone doubts my credentials), a contributor to “Catt’s Claws” (another list owned by the same woman — Irene Stubner, former NOW president of Arkansas), a participant in, or dues-paying member of NOW from the mid-80′s through fairly modern times (I didn’t drop my NOW membership until a few years ago when I dropped all memberships, regardless of orientation, including Emily’s List, ACLU and ADL).

 

My reasoning for bringing any of this up is that you yourself possess views I consider completely erroneous, unbalanced and downright radically dangerous if opposed the wrong way.  Who knows how close to the edge you are?  We get your prosthelytizing on here and you act afraid or timid when some anonymous guy like Nony says anything that makes your beliefs cringe, anti-Semitic or not, in a way you dislike.  No one can stand him, true, but you aren't special.  You're trying to get personally involved with his affairs now and that's terrifying.  Seriously, that's cause for deep concern and if you don't get that, then you have some issues to work out.  

 

 

"When the majority believes in what is false, the truth becomes a quest." - Me


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence wrote:A serious

BobSpence wrote:

A serious question, Furry....

While I have major problems with nony's obsession, could you point me to where he denies the Holocaust?

I don't recall him, asserting that in his posts, but I may have missed it.

I can find nothing pointing to that on his website, in fact at least some hint that he accepts it. His issues seem to be concentrated on what happened after WWII.

I am not saying you are wrong, just wanting to see where he asserts that...

He's on a number of hate-group watch-lists (SPLC seems to be one) as a holocaust denier, as I understand the material I've read.  This is real-world stuff, based on what I've read, not Internet-stuff.

Apparently he's been at this business of attacking Jews for pushing 20 years.  It's also looking like his real first name is Matthias, which I mistakenly thought was Hebrew, but is apparently Greek in origin.  So, you guys can gladly have him back.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10143
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
I'm thinking he might have

I'm thinking he might have done it here. I vaguely recall accusing him of denying the holocaust once or twice. But I'm well aware of the faultiness of memory, and it'd have been a good year or 3 ago, so I can't say it with any certainty. And I'm too lazy to search through my, or his, entire post history to see for sure.

Furry, you spend any time in law enforcement? You seem pretty good at running background searches. It's people with those skills that made me decide to keep my alias seperate from my identity. lol. With most people, it wouldn't matter if I used my actual identity. But I've also pissed off plenty of crazy people. And crazy people are unpredictable.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10143
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:Finally, someone

cj wrote:
Finally, someone with sense.  Thank you.Too bad very few people will listen to us.

It is. So much is at stake.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:What you

Sage_Override wrote:
What you did with Nony is you plugged his name into Google, got unlucky, searched for anti-semite material that closely resembled Nony and you took it from there.  I'm willing to friggin' bet that's what you did.  People like you can't be bothered to do any proper "research" so you go along with the first thing that sounds or looks plausible and off you go.

Short of getting proof that Matt and Nony are ACTUALLY the same person, you're right.  But Nony has made a very large number of comments that seem to indicate he is, in fact, Matthias Giwer.

The way I actually did it was start with the assumption that he was implying that he was Matt Giwer and worked from that.  I then did a textual and linguistic comparison of the posts of "Nony" with postings, etc. by "Matt Giwer".  I'm pretty confident I'm right, but without incontrovertible proof, I'm not going to say that Nony is, in fact, Matt Giwer.

Sage_Override wrote:
I plugged your forum name in for shits and giggles and found a lot of interesting stuff; blog sites (with global warming statistic propaganda) and people calling you a "feminist" and you affirming that in your own words (how much of one you are I have no idea nor do I care).

Did you like all the pictures on that thread?  I remember that thread very well -- Kevin Brown accused me of lying about my own life.  I always love it when people tell me I'm lying about my life ...

I do have to thank you for posting that link because that was a fun thread and now I remember why I want to have Atheistextremeists love child -- he has a sailboat and likes motorcycles.  I'm in love!

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:And Israel has

Vastet wrote:
And Israel has been JUST as unwilling to pursue peace as the Palestinians. For decades they've violated multiple international laws on human rights and building more colonies and hammering the civilian populace with an overwhelmingly powerful military that has yet been completely ineffective at preventing return fire from hamas and other organisations. Both sides are at fault. If Israel wanted peace they'd restore independence to the Palestinians and remove ALL colonies built illegally. I'd comment on what Palestinians would do if they wanted peace but you already did well enough in that regard. And your example of Germany is flawed. It got crushed because Hitler bit off more than he could chew, not because he was exterminating a supposed culture. Opening a front with Russia lost him the war. No other single action can be pointed to which caused Germany so much hardship. Germany is also one of the strongest countries in the world today, so it clearly didn't hurt them for long.

My example of Germany is remarkably spot-on.

There's a story in the Torah, the one where G-d hardens Pharaoh's heart and then Pharaoh makes a number of Very Bad Decisions.  It's often the case, during the study of that portion of the Torah, that someone objects to how G-d treated Pharaoh on account of G-d "hardening" his heart.

My response is that someone with that much power already suffers from extremely large amounts of arrogance and doesn't =actually= need for anyone, including G-d, to "harden" their heart -- it comes with the power.

Hitler was, to say the least, extremely arrogant to the point that his non-existent military leadership experience caused him to make a huge number of blunders, including deciding to attack Russia.  That the German people bought into what Hitler was selling is their trip, not  mine.  They then proceeded to engage in a national (or nationalistic ...) project -- the wholesale slaughter of around 6 million Jews, plus a number of other "lesser" people.

Germany, as the history goes, was utterly destroyed.

But Germany did something that many other nations that have persecuted and slaughtered Jews didn't do -- Spain, for example, continued its persecution of the Jews well after it's decline as one of the strongest nations on the planet, and today is likely to go bankrupt.  G-d has a long memory, it would seem.

What Germany did wasn't just say "Oops".  Germany not only paid reparations, they sold goods and services to Israel to allow the state to develop.  Germany also passed harsh laws outlawing NAZI-era propaganda and other things that might revive anti-Jewish feelings.

Today Israel and Germany have an excellent relationship and the German economy is booming.

It's been a long time since I did this, but the last time I sat down and compared the standards of living of states that were hostile to Jews and Israel, with that of states that were supportive, the difference was significant.  Russia, once the head of other superpower, is still a very anti-Semetic nation and has a standard of living well below either the United States or Germany -- the average Russian monthly salary is less than the American minimum wage (ca. 2008).  Great Britain, which had repressive laws against Jews at the time of the American Revolution (might be off plus or minus a few years) has a thriving Jewish population and relatively high standard of living.  Spain, a world power before the ascendance of Great Britain, remained anti-Semetic and even today has something on the order of only 50,000 Jews.  It's the "S" in "PIIGS" (Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece, Spain), the five most economically troubled European nations.

Portugal -- expelled Jews (and Muslims) shortly after Spain.  Didn't get around to apologizing for the Inquisition until the 20th century.

Italy -- sided with German and aided extermination of Jewish population.  Making some progress, but I've never seen anything from Italy remotely on par with Germany's apologies.

Ireland -- I blame the British for this one.

Greece -- That's just stupidity.

Spain -- Expelled the Jews, gave the money to Christopher Columbus, gave us the Spanish Inquisition, still not all that fond of the Tribe.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3681
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence wrote:A serious

BobSpence wrote:

A serious question, Furry....

While I have major problems with nony's obsession, could you point me to where he denies the Holocaust?

I don't recall him, asserting that in his posts, but I may have missed it.

I can find nothing pointing to that on his website, in fact at least some hint that he accepts it. His issues seem to be concentrated on what happened after WWII.

I am not saying you are wrong, just wanting to see where he asserts that...

I can back her up on that claim BobSpence. I recall A_Nony_Mouse arguing with others about the Holocaust a long time ago on this forum. If I remember correctly, he would definitely agree with the statement that the Holocaust is greatly exaggerated and largely the result of Jewish propaganda. Let me see if I can find something.

Okay, it took a little longer than I thought it would, but I got a link.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/16366

Nony never says outright whether or not he "denies" the Holocaust. That, to him, is probably an ambiguous and loaded question. But, it becomes more clear after post #8, when Kevin R Brown accuses him of being a denier.     

 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
Wow.  Think of the things I

Wow.  Think of the things I miss when I'm away.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13248
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:BobSpence

butterbattle wrote:

BobSpence wrote:

A serious question, Furry....

While I have major problems with nony's obsession, could you point me to where he denies the Holocaust?

I don't recall him, asserting that in his posts, but I may have missed it.

I can find nothing pointing to that on his website, in fact at least some hint that he accepts it. His issues seem to be concentrated on what happened after WWII.

I am not saying you are wrong, just wanting to see where he asserts that...

I can back her up on that claim BobSpence. I recall A_Nony_Mouse arguing with others about the Holocaust a long time ago on this forum. If I remember correctly, he would definitely agree with the statement that the Holocaust is greatly exaggerated and largely the result of Jewish propaganda. Let me see if I can find something.

Okay, it took a little longer than I thought it would, but I got a link.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/16366

Nony never says outright whether or not he "denies" the Holocaust. That, to him, is probably an ambiguous and loaded question. But, it becomes more clear after post #8, when Kevin R Brown accuses him of being a denier.     

 

The Holocaust was not exaggerated. 6 million Jews were targeted. But when you take into account all the death in the entire war, on all sides, the total death was 50 million.

The lesson of the Holocaust should be that labels are not a reason to target someone. If Germans had skipped labels, and sought help between before the second war, through diplomacy, and the west had not left them to rot based on label, Hitler would have been nothing more than Fred Phelps.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5068
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is onlineOnline
Do you really believe in an interventionist god

FurryCatHerder wrote:

 

The Torah says that G-d uses other peoples to punish Israel for failing to obey G-d, but then those other people are punished far more severely.  Now, I don't believe in Gepetto Santa, the Sky Daddy Puppet Master who gives all good Jewish boys and girls whatever they want, and punishes Gentiles, but when I see something like what happened in Gaza, I start to understand that it is the arrogance of people who'd destroy the Jews which is their own eventual undoing.  Look at how utterly Germany was destroyed if you need another example.

 

Furry? In a 'chosen' people? Who get punished and rewarded by the almighty? It's hard to believe you could accept such culturally biased assertion. Next time I make up a god, I'll be sure to point out his chosen people are Celtic britons. That would suit me. 

It was Germany's attack on the Western Allies and the Soviets that led to its utter destruction, not its murder of European Jewry. Germany would have been obliterated whether it killed Jews, gypsies, gays and the disabled, or not. Look at World War One. In that conflict German Jews made a major contribution to the German war effort, winning bravery awards all over the place (1 in 3 compared with 1 in 10 for other Germans) and god gave not a single fuck. 

I've often wondered whether or not in a slightly less Nazi Germany, German Jews would have fought for Germany, given that nation's bizarre urges to dominate Europe. I wonder whether they'd have gone to the rallies and shouted with all the rest if the target of 2 minutes hate had been say, social democracy. 

Regardless, Germany is again a powerhouse, so it must be a forgiving god, mustn't it? I'm a bit less forgiving than that, personally. 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:The Holocaust

Brian37 wrote:

The Holocaust was not exaggerated. 6 million Jews were targeted. But when you take into account all the death in the entire war, on all sides, the total death was 50 million.

This is probably hard for a heterosexual, white, male, but being targeted based on LABELS is far worse than just being targeted.  That's the real horror of something like the Holocaust -- that an entire group can be singled out.

Yes, WWII was an epic cluster-fuck and millions of people died.  But one group of people was picked out, and not even based on their =religion=.  Shitler used genealogy to find Christians whose ancestors had been Jews, rounded them up, and murdered them as well.  It only took =one= Jewish grandparent to get a free ride to a death camp.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5801
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:BobSpence

butterbattle wrote:

BobSpence wrote:

A serious question, Furry....

While I have major problems with nony's obsession, could you point me to where he denies the Holocaust?

I don't recall him, asserting that in his posts, but I may have missed it.

I can find nothing pointing to that on his website, in fact at least some hint that he accepts it. His issues seem to be concentrated on what happened after WWII.

I am not saying you are wrong, just wanting to see where he asserts that...

I can back her up on that claim BobSpence. I recall A_Nony_Mouse arguing with others about the Holocaust a long time ago on this forum. If I remember correctly, he would definitely agree with the statement that the Holocaust is greatly exaggerated and largely the result of Jewish propaganda. Let me see if I can find something.

Okay, it took a little longer than I thought it would, but I got a link.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/16366

Nony never says outright whether or not he "denies" the Holocaust. That, to him, is probably an ambiguous and loaded question. But, it becomes more clear after post #8, when Kevin R Brown accuses him of being a denier.     

OK, it looks like he may indeed be a denier:

http://www.historykb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/what-if/9811/Matt-Giwer-holocaust-denier

at least there is at least one Matt Giwer who does seem to be; using the term "holohuggers" is pretty bad...

Found that, and other stuff, on a simple Google search, so it isn't hard to find.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3506
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:Vastet

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Vastet wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
What it really is is that there are a lot of you folks making the same accusation
That alone is proof. There's a saying. If one person calls you an ass, he's probably an ass himself. But if 30 people of varied beliefs and opinions calls you an ass, take a look in the mirror, because you're an ass. And I gave you specifics, you simply ignore them. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.......

The best proof that he's a loon is to go do a bit of research on him.

A_Nony_Mouse's real name is apparently Matthew Giwer and he apparently lives in Tampa Bay, Florida.  He's been trolling the Internet, engaging in Holocaust denial for what looks to be about 15 =years=, going by the earliest references I can find.  He was already a well-established Holocaust denier by the mid 1990's when the World Wide Waste came into existence, so digging into old USENET archives would be the next place to find out how far back, and how wide ranging, his behavior goes -- I have found traces of him as far back as 1993, so he's been at it for pushing 20 years, based on that.

His "pattern" is to make wild and outlandish claims, and then to threaten either physical violence (I found where Giwers had been reported to an FBI field office, which is always lovely -- I've had to contact both the FBI and Secret Service about people myself, so it's =really= a lovely experience).  And there's NO indication Giwer's is an Atheist, only that he's a big-time holocaust denier with what looks to be some very serious delusions of conspiracies and persecutions.  Giwer's does appear to have attracted the attention of the Southern Poverty Law Center, so at least someone is watching him.

There's some indication that his real name might actually be Matthias Giwer (that or someone named Mattias Giwer apparently lives in his house ...), which could possibly mean he's one of ours that's gone crazy, or else some goy with a sense of humor gave their nice non-Jewish son a nice Jewish name.  If he's one of ours, my apologies -- "self-hating Jew" isn't just a phrase, it can be a real problem and produce some pretty crazed whack-jobs in the process.  This would explain why he knows so many things, most of which are wrong.  If you'd like to watch a movie that's based on a true story about a Jew turned KKK member, check out "The Believer".

Since his only apparent purpose is actually to engage in Holocaust Denial, something that I hope Atheists acknowledge happened, even if G-d doesn't exist, I'd hope that Brian now has a reason to dump his sorry ass and save himself the bandwidth charges.

And needless to say, all of this information has been gathered to the best of my ability and may be wrong. The reader is encouraged to verify any facts for themself and form their own opinion.

 

   Cyber Stalking ! 


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
The person is annoying but

The person is annoying but he didn't break any rules apparently. Are moderators going to allow threads about kicking people off every time somebody gets their pussy hurt now? This is one of the reasons this forum is going to the dogs in my opinion.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
Sage_Override's picture
Posts: 578
Joined: 2008-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote:The person is annoying

Quote:
The person is annoying but he didn't break any rules apparently. Are moderators going to allow threads about kicking people off every time somebody gets their pussy hurt now? This is one of the reasons this forum is going to the dogs in my opinion.

 

Agreed.  There are just some people that can't take the heat, though.

"When the majority believes in what is false, the truth becomes a quest." - Me


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

Vastet wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
What it really is is that there are a lot of you folks making the same accusation
That alone is proof. There's a saying. If one person calls you an ass, he's probably an ass himself. But if 30 people of varied beliefs and opinions calls you an ass, take a look in the mirror, because you're an ass. And I gave you specifics, you simply ignore them.

So if 30 asses say there is a god you are on the wrong website. Did you forget how to reason?

Quote:
Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.......

I mentioned the two most common reasons, Jews and Israel. The former got me banned when I first joined. The most common "overs" do not apply to you. You continue to refuse to tell me your examples. You refuse to do as I requested of everyone, QUOTE something I post and explain why. Still not a single response to that request from anyone.

 

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

FurryCatHerder wrote:

The best proof that he's a loon is to go do a bit of research on him.

 

 

Better data which is properly sourced is always appreciated.

If no credible data source is produced do not bother with lame attempts to make the physical evidence which does exist disappear.


 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

Sage_Override wrote:
I see not responding to anything you post is an exercise in futility because something needs to be addressed...

She is either several persons posting under the same nym or just one person. If just one person she is suffering from idiopathic gender dysphoria or she is a he.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

Vastet wrote:
I'm thinking he might have done it here. I vaguely recall accusing him of denying the holocaust once or twice. But I'm well aware of the faultiness of memory, and it'd have been a good year or 3 ago, so I can't say it with any certainty. And I'm too lazy to search through my, or his, entire post history to see for sure. Furry, you spend any time in law enforcement? You seem pretty good at running background searches. It's people with those skills that made me decide to keep my alias seperate from my identity. lol. With most people, it wouldn't matter if I used my actual identity. But I've also pissed off plenty of crazy people. And crazy people are unpredictable.

I was asked about that. I then offered to discuss it as long as the discussion were strictly limited to physical evidence of the extermination of millions in gas chambers, that appeals to argumentation and reasonableness were not permitted and that no logical fallacy as used to "prove" there is a god were permitted. The same rules that apply in a court of law to prove a single murder would apply.

There were no takers. The offer is still open.

As with biblical Israel refusing to accept anything that is not physical evidence did elicit an accusation of denying the holy holocaust. Screaming about it and name-calling are worthless. "Everyone knows" is no more applicable than everyone knows there is a god.

Again, the offer is still open. Watch a CSI marathon as preparation if it helps. Don't forget URLs to the autopsies showing the cause of death.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

BobSpence wrote:
A serious question, Furry....

While I have major problems with nony's obsession, could you point me to where he denies the Holocaust?

I don't recall him, asserting that in his posts, but I may have missed it.

I can find nothing pointing to that on his website, in fact at least some hint that he accepts it. His issues seem to be concentrated on what happened after WWII.

I am not saying you are wrong, just wanting to see where he asserts that...

If there is really an interest in the boring details here are two links on the subject.

www.giwersworld.org/nizkook/nizkook.phtml

www.giwersworld.org/computers/newsagent.phtml

Despite all that I am not antisemitic yet. Many people have asked why not. Good news is I have gotten to know the heads of security at several ISPs and webhosts. They learned to give it a miss after the first few times.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

FurryCatHerder wrote:

There's a story in the Torah, the one where G-d hardens Pharaoh's heart and then Pharaoh makes a number of Very Bad Decisions.  It's often the case, during the study of that portion of the Torah, that someone objects to how G-d treated Pharaoh on account of G-d "hardening" his heart.

 

When he did that the first time the original sucker told him to fuck himself and find someone else. That is how you folks wound up with the addlepated Moses.

=====

And the people came to speak against Yahweh and Moses saying, "Why did you bring us out of Egypt to die and the desert? For there is neither food nor water here and this Manna Ready to Eat isn't fit for an Arab."

At this Yahweh sent firey serpents among the people and their bite brought death to many in Israel. And the people came to Moses and begged, "Intercede for us with Yahweh to save us from these serpents."

And Moses interceded and Yahweh spoke, "Nothing doing. The snake bites continue until morale improves."

=====

"Gassing?"

"Yes."

"Two doors down. Second chamber on the left. NEXT!"

"Gassing?"

"No. It was all a big misunderstanding. I'm not Jewish after all."

"Oh ... well... off you go."

"Just kidding. I really am Jewish."

"Almost had one on me there, quite good. Two doors down, second chamber on the left."

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

Brian37 wrote:
The Holocaust was not exaggerated. 6 million Jews were targeted. But when you take into account all the death in the entire war, on all sides, the total death was 50 million.

The lesson of the Holocaust should be that labels are not a reason to target someone. If Germans had skipped labels, and sought help between before the second war, through diplomacy, and the west had not left them to rot based on label, Hitler would have been nothing more than Fred Phelps.

My offer to discuss the matter under the quite reasonable conditions I gave above is open to you also.

What folks should be quick to discover is you know next to nothing about the subject.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

FurryCatHerder wrote:
This is probably hard for a heterosexual, white, male, but being targeted based on LABELS is far worse than just being targeted.  That's the real horror of something like the Holocaust -- that an entire group can be singled out.

Yes, WWII was an epic cluster-fuck and millions of people died.  But one group of people was picked out, and not even based on their =religion=.  Shitler used genealogy to find Christians whose ancestors had been Jews, rounded them up, and murdered them as well.  It only took =one= Jewish grandparent to get a free ride to a death camp.

A choice of religions is free and all are equally stupid both the religion and the people who cling to them. Give them all Darwin awards and get over it like the Gypsies and homosexuals and all the rest have. Grow up. Act like Mensch for once and stop whining over the past.

Religions like species undergo extinction events. It happens. That is the way of the world. Look at the attempt by the Judeans to exterminate the Christians. Don't start fights you can't finish.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

BobSpence wrote:
OK, it looks like he may indeed be a denier:

http://www.historykb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/what-if/9811/Matt-Giwer-holocaust-denier

at least there is at least one Matt Giwer who does seem to be; using the term "holohuggers" is pretty bad...

Found that, and other stuff, on a simple Google search, so it isn't hard to find.

The offer to discuss the matter on the stated terms is of course open to you too.

Bring the URLs to the autopsies showing cause of death.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
...

   Cyber Stalking ! 

I've been stalked by better than her. She's a friggin' amateur.

Larry Shiff of the Canadian Shiffs put a PI onto me back when it took real work not just some web searches. I like to flatter myself and assume he was the best the Shiff family fortune could afford. Of course it would have been more impressive if he had reincarnated Bogart but even that family's money can't de everything.

My son did not appreciate getting the death threats though. Nor did my father appreciate the harrassing phone calls. FBI knows about it. The police knows about it and about at least one other case of his death threats. The boy has a pattern. Should lightning strike me or my son the RCMP will question him. My father was clearly natural causes.

As little Larry posted about me on alt.revisionism a few year's back, "He is not an antisemite but I will make him one." He did his damnedest but why should I give him what he wants? But he went to ground after the FBI caught up with him in Hawaii for questioning.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

BobSpence wrote:
OK, it looks like he may indeed be a denier:

http://www.historykb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/what-if/9811/Matt-Giwer-holocaust-denier

at least there is at least one Matt Giwer who does seem to be; using the term "holohuggers" is pretty bad...

Found that, and other stuff, on a simple Google search, so it isn't hard to find.

Hey! USE my ass. I invented the word. Credit where credit is due.

More than one person has found Pussy's whining about past imagined injuries to Jews to be annoying. For most people, including myself their holy holocaust was before I was born. It is just one more in a long string of self-centered whining, the "lacrymose" version of history, that anyone who finds themself reading can't help but think of a "me! me! me!" child.

Holohugger, Inquisitionhugger, treehugger. All the same juvenile view of things.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3506
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

 

......If just one person she is suffering from idiopathic gender dysphoria or she is a he.

 

                                                                                                            

 

           Hmmmm,  If this is true, and he / she is a post op transexual why would he / she feel the need to deceive us about that ?  The atheist community is largely left of center politically and is traditionally quite tolerant of such people.  I see no need to conceal such "controversial" status on this  forum particularly as we've had a few members here who've openly admitted to being gay ( thomathy ) with little or no comment from other members.   Again, why the fear ?

 

  ( edit: even Christian theist member Badway is a cross dresser and  posted pics of his "fem" self in his avatar.   We attacked him for his religious beliefs, not his sense of style....     )


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

Atheistextremist wrote:
It was Germany's attack on the Western Allies and the Soviets that led to its utter destruction, not its murder of European Jewry.

Last time I looked at the events of WWII, Germany and Russia conspired to invade the Pilsudsky's military dictatorship running Poland and then Britain and France lead through the nose chose to declare war on Germany only. There is no question looking at the diplomatic preamble the war that the sole reason Britain did it was to maintain its hegemony over Europe. It is unclear how that is other than a war of choice for geopolitical benefit on the part of Britain. Yes, I am familiar with the line the Brits sold their peasants but I am talking about the real world.

As to why the US thought it a good idea to preserve the British and French tyrannies over 1/4 the world's people and expand the Russian tyranny is a different question. The ultimate intention was to replace them with minimum loss of life which it did accomplish. The US was able to bring both empires to economic collapse. Unfortunately there were too many communist sympathizers/agents in the FDR administration including very likely his VP who preceded Truman so Russia was given a miss and we got stuck with the Cold War instead of Patton's plan to draft the German POWs and smash Russia.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
......If just one person she is suffering from idiopathic gender dysphoria or she is a he.

           Hmmmm,  If this is true, and he / she is a post op transexual why would he / she feel the need to deceive us about that ?  The atheist community is largely left of center politically and is traditionally quite tolerant of such people.  I see no need to conceal such "controversial" status on this  forum particularly as we've had a few members here who've openly admitted to being gay ( thomathy ) with little or no comment from other members.   Again, why the fear ? 

  ( edit: even Christian theist member Badway is a cross dresser and  posted pics of his "fem" self in his avatar.   We attacked him for his religious beliefs, not his sense of style....     )

Just my opinion. Something to consider. There is a lot that doesn't quite add up. Makes no difference to me either. It doesn't come through the keyboard. There are too many on the net to get excited about it. Some times I think half of women are men even though I met two live-in lovers and one "almost" that way.

BTW: If there were pictures that was not vanilla cross-dressing. Vanillia is where dressing takes the place of pornagraphy and lasts little longer than it takes to get off. In serious cases it is necessary for normal intercourse which leads to a limited number of partners. Long term dressing and with showing off is dysphoria to transgender. The whole pre-opt transgender routine is to weed out the dysphorics who would otherwise come out of anesthesia with the same problem and a different gender assignment.

Only a woman would comment on his sense of style.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3506
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote: Makes

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

 Makes no difference to me either.

 

  Same here.  

 

 

 (   Here is BADWAY in all his glory...     http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/18659?page=1  )