Rick Santorum...*shakes head in disgust*

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
Sage_Override's picture
Posts: 582
Joined: 2008-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Rick Santorum...*shakes head in disgust*

Well, it just goes to show that Republicans are just as war crazed as ever and that the entire Iraq/Afghanistan debacle didn't teach these wind bags with shit for brains a fucking thing.  The GOP candidate, Rick Santorum, claims that if he's elected, he'll bomb Iran if they refuse to allow nuclear inspectors into their country.  www.digitaljournal.com/article/317118

 

I seriously doubt this asshole will stand a chance at becoming the next president, but if he does, and he goes about implementing this poking and prodding at Iran, I'm packing my bags and heading for the hills because I don't want ANY association with a country this FUCKING INSANE.  Apparently, Gingrich is also for this type of action, but  wants to"covertly" take out Iranian scientists involved (STRAIGHT UP MURDERING THEM) and "breaking down their systems" (BOMBING).  What an insulting word; covert.  There's nothing remotely "covert" about taking out nuclear research facilities in ANY sense. 

 

Quote:
“I would be saying to the Iranians, you either open up those facilities, you begin to dismantle them and make them available to inspectors, or we will degrade those facilities through air strikes."

 

This quote was after he claimed Obama made the United States look like a "paper tiger," but what Captain Dipshit doesn't seem to understand is that Iran will promptly tell him to fuck off if he "asks them" if he can send officials to intrude on their sovereignty.  The fucking nerve of these politicians...

 

Obama already signed a defense bill dedicated to nearly crippling Iran's economy and it's ability to sell oil, but now we feel the need to tighten that grip just a little bit more by neutralizing their ability to harness nuclear power.  America is already second to China and in debt for countless amounts of cash; at this point, are we just mad at daddy and trying to bully the weakest kid on the playground?

 

"When the majority believes in what is false, the truth becomes a quest." - Me


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3140
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
How is taking out these

How is taking out these Iranians any different than what Obama is doing in Afganistan and Pakistan?

Do you think if Iran gets the bomb there are no elements in the government that would want to give it to Islamic nutcases that want to bomb Isreal and the USA for Allah?

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


ex-minister
atheistHigh Level ModeratorSilver Member
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
 So, EXC, where does it

 So, EXC, where does it end?

Is pissing off more generations the way to go? How long can we keep it up? They do keep breeding after all and see American politics at work trying to dismantle their power structure and development. We want to preserve Europe & America, that is about 1 billion people. How can we "covertly" get rid of the other 6 billion?

A world without humans might be the only answer to all this. 

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3140
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote: So, EXC,

ex-minister wrote:

 So, EXC, where does it end?

Is pissing off more generations the way to go? How long can we keep it up? They do keep breeding after all and see American politics at work trying to dismantle their power structure and development. We want to preserve Europe & America, that is about 1 billion people. How can we "covertly" get rid of the other 6 billion?

A world without humans might be the only answer to all this. 

I don't think you're pissing off anyone except the people whose power is threatened. The average Iranian is pretty much only concerned with feeding himself and his family. We nuked Japan and fire bombed Germany, they got over it pretty quickly, so I don't think people are going to be pissed unless the Mullahs tell them to be pissed. The people hate America because they are told to hate. Oppressed people are sheep.

I would say it may very well all end with WMDs in the hands of religious freaks leading to WWIII. It may very will be that our ability to build weapons has far surpassed our ability to control our primal urges that lead to conflict and war. I don't believe the universe guarantees human survival.

I think if there is a solution, it has to be rationally minded people advocating the use of science and reason to eliminate the condition that cause conflict and violence and an end to adherence to religious and political dogma.

But at this point in history, I don't believe we should allow the nuclear club to get any bigger, especially to a country ruled by religious leaders where religious martyrdom and jihad is celebrated so much.

 

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13830
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Well to be fair, Hitchens

Well to be fair, Hitchens had no diplomacy skills towards theocracies.  I admired him in his questioning of religion, but I don't think I would want Hitchens hand on the button.

It most certainly is a simplistic view that does not take into account the over all harm to humanity it would cause.

Even the Chinese are not that simplistic in their diplomacy. And the reason they don't try something is because they know they would kill off their customers.

Even McCain said "bomb bomb bomb Iran" But when faced with the woman in the town hall who feared Obama for no good reason, McCain stuck up for Obama.

It amounts to humans not being as simplistic as labels.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10723
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
They hate America because

They hate America because America is hate worthy. Fucking hilarious that such a large percentage of the US population is so incredibly stupid that they actually bought the absolute bs that their enemies hate freedom. No assholes, they hate YOU. They hate you for installing and supporting dictators around the world. They hate you for your infinite hypocrisy. They hate you for meddling in everything you feel like, as the biggest bully on Earth. They hate you for your blind patriotism, chanting usa whilst being all of these disgusting things, as if it were something to be proud of. They hate you because you prevent freedom. Because YOU hate freedom. Freedom for anyone but yourselves.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Burnedout
Posts: 165
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:They hate

Vastet wrote:
They hate America because America is hate worthy. Fucking hilarious that such a large percentage of the US population is so incredibly stupid that they actually bought the absolute bs that their enemies hate freedom. No assholes, they hate YOU. They hate you for installing and supporting dictators around the world. They hate you for your infinite hypocrisy. They hate you for meddling in everything you feel like, as the biggest bully on Earth. They hate you for your blind patriotism, chanting usa whilst being all of these disgusting things, as if it were something to be proud of. They hate you because you prevent freedom. Because YOU hate freedom. Freedom for anyone but yourselves.

 

And you have said on another thread you don't hate.....HA HA HA HA....YOUR NOSE IS GROWING......Eye-wink


devilsadvoc8
devilsadvoc8's picture
Posts: 19
Joined: 2008-04-05
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:They hate

Vastet wrote:
They hate America because America is hate worthy. Fucking hilarious that such a large percentage of the US population is so incredibly stupid that they actually bought the absolute bs that their enemies hate freedom. No assholes, they hate YOU. They hate you for installing and supporting dictators around the world. They hate you for your infinite hypocrisy. They hate you for meddling in everything you feel like, as the biggest bully on Earth. They hate you for your blind patriotism, chanting usa whilst being all of these disgusting things, as if it were something to be proud of. They hate you because you prevent freedom. Because YOU hate freedom. Freedom for anyone but yourselves.

 

Wow, there are some pretty big completely unsupported statements in there.  So, based on the above can I assume that you believe that:

 

  1. We should have left the Taliban in power so that they could continue destroying all free thought, repressing women, destroying archeological sites, training adults and children to martyr themselves whilst killing innocents based on religious tenets and taking the entire population back to the dark ages?
  2. We should support North Korea to enable them to continue to destroy all free thought, starve their population and continue nuclear weapon research?
  3. Ignore Saddam's regime in Iraq so that he could continue his repression and sometimes genocide based on religion and politics,
  4. Leave all this up to the UN or perhaps Russia or China to do?

Look, I am not going to say that any of the US' actions in ME have been flawless.  Hindsight has shown us a multitude of mistakes.  I do believe that in the long run, Iraq and Afganistan will be better off.  How can you argue against that?  Everyone hates the police but they are necessary.  Someone has to do the dirty work and until someone else decides to act instead of just talk, the US will be relied upon to intervene.  Canada is more than welcome to step up to the plate.  Oh wait they have been involved in many of the actions I listed above just not at the lead.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchins


Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
Posts: 2455
Joined: 2008-02-17
User is offlineOffline
devilsadvoc8 wrote:Wow,

devilsadvoc8 wrote:

Wow, there are some pretty big completely unsupported statements in there.  So, based on the above can I assume that you believe that:

 

  1. We should have left the Taliban in power so that they could continue destroying all free thought, repressing women, destroying archeological sites, training adults and children to martyr themselves whilst killing innocents based on religious tenets and taking the entire population back to the dark ages?
  2. We should support North Korea to enable them to continue to destroy all free thought, starve their population and continue nuclear weapon research?
  3. Ignore Saddam's regime in Iraq so that he could continue his repression and sometimes genocide based on religion and politics,
  4. Leave all this up to the UN or perhaps Russia or China to do?

Look, I am not going to say that any of the US' actions in ME have been flawless.  Hindsight has shown us a multitude of mistakes.  I do believe that in the long run, Iraq and Afganistan will be better off.  How can you argue against that?  Everyone hates the police but they are necessary.  Someone has to do the dirty work and until someone else decides to act instead of just talk, the US will be relied upon to intervene.  Canada is more than welcome to step up to the plate.  Oh wait they have been involved in many of the actions I listed above just not at the lead.

We shouldn't have supported Taliban as an ally against Soviets, in the first place. We should keep CIA under control, so that it won't become suspect of sinking any more ships and blaming it on North Korea. We shouldn't destroy a stable dictatorial regime, which was the only thing keeping the country from falling into religious civil war. We should stop vetoing the well-deserved United Nation resolutions against the ideology-driven state of Israel. We shouldn't build radar and missile stations in peaceful central European countries and all around the world. We shouldn't spend world's greatest money on military expenses, for the purpose of securing oil reserves, ignoring most of oilless dictators. We shouldn't make money out of nothing, postpone the payback of debt ad infinitum and setting our own financial ratings and commodity prices for the rest of the world.

But we did all of it and now your argument is to do the wrong thing once more, as two wrong actions make one right?

(btw, I mean "we" only rhetorically, as an European critic of America)

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.


devilsadvoc8
devilsadvoc8's picture
Posts: 19
Joined: 2008-04-05
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:devilsadvoc8

Luminon wrote:

devilsadvoc8 wrote:

Wow, there are some pretty big completely unsupported statements in there.  So, based on the above can I assume that you believe that:

 

  1. We should have left the Taliban in power so that they could continue destroying all free thought, repressing women, destroying archeological sites, training adults and children to martyr themselves whilst killing innocents based on religious tenets and taking the entire population back to the dark ages?
  2. We should support North Korea to enable them to continue to destroy all free thought, starve their population and continue nuclear weapon research?
  3. Ignore Saddam's regime in Iraq so that he could continue his repression and sometimes genocide based on religion and politics,
  4. Leave all this up to the UN or perhaps Russia or China to do?

Look, I am not going to say that any of the US' actions in ME have been flawless.  Hindsight has shown us a multitude of mistakes.  I do believe that in the long run, Iraq and Afganistan will be better off.  How can you argue against that?  Everyone hates the police but they are necessary.  Someone has to do the dirty work and until someone else decides to act instead of just talk, the US will be relied upon to intervene.  Canada is more than welcome to step up to the plate.  Oh wait they have been involved in many of the actions I listed above just not at the lead.

We shouldn't have supported Taliban as an ally against Soviets, in the first place. We should keep CIA under control, so that it won't become suspect of sinking any more ships and blaming it on North Korea. We shouldn't destroy a stable dictatorial regime, which was the only thing keeping the country from falling into religious civil war. We should stop vetoing the well-deserved United Nation resolutions against the ideology-driven state of Israel. We shouldn't build radar and missile stations in peaceful central European countries and all around the world. We shouldn't spend world's greatest money on military expenses, for the purpose of securing oil reserves, ignoring most of oilless dictators. We shouldn't make money out of nothing, postpone the payback of debt ad infinitum and setting our own financial ratings and commodity prices for the rest of the world.

But we did all of it and now your argument is to do the wrong thing once more, as two wrong actions make one right?

(btw, I mean "we" only rhetorically, as an European critic of America)

 

None of what you mentioned there contradicts any of my four numbered points.  However your summation point that two wrongs don't make a right implies that you think that we should have left the Taliban in power, left Saddam to his own devices and should support NKorea.  Is that correct? I don't want to put words in your mouth but that is what I am seeing.  

If I am correct, then I vehemently disagree with you.  You/we do not sit idly by why these crimes against humanity occur even if we had some part in perhaps instilling the criminals that are perpetrating them.  No matter how we propped up the Taliban against the soviets (who were the greater evil at the time), we did not make them create the oppresive and horrific culture that they alone are responsible for, not us.  You are sitting back and using the luxury of 20/20 hindsight to criticize past actions.  Fine, I have already acknowledged that mistakes were made.  BUT THAT DOESN"T MEAN WE IGNORE THE BASTARDS GOING FORWARD.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchins


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10723
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:Vastet

Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:
They hate America because America is hate worthy. Fucking hilarious that such a large percentage of the US population is so incredibly stupid that they actually bought the absolute bs that their enemies hate freedom. No assholes, they hate YOU. They hate you for installing and supporting dictators around the world. They hate you for your infinite hypocrisy. They hate you for meddling in everything you feel like, as the biggest bully on Earth. They hate you for your blind patriotism, chanting usa whilst being all of these disgusting things, as if it were something to be proud of. They hate you because you prevent freedom. Because YOU hate freedom. Freedom for anyone but yourselves.

 

And you have said on another thread you don't hate.....HA HA HA HA....YOUR NOSE IS GROWING......Eye-wink

How nice of the troll to once again display his poor reading comprehension skills. Not once did I say that I hate anything in my post. Laughing out loud

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10723
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
1: If destroying the enemies

1: If destroying the enemies of freedom are really your priority, why hasn't the US brought "peace" to Africa? In case you weren't aware, Africa makes the middle east look like disneyland.
Also, why'd you leave before the job was done? The Taliban still exist and have regained control of swaths of Afghanistan.
2: Again, why aren't you in Africa?
3: Why'd you give Saddam his power in the first place? Ditto with Bin Laden.
Also, all you did when you removed him was strengthen the opposing moslem belief system. The one dominant in Iran. And now Iran has more control over Iraq than you do. Great job there.
4: How about you do nothing. Mind your own business. Every problem with foreign powers that you have today stems from your own interference.
If a nazi Germany suddenly rises up with credible aspirations of conquering the world, by all means hammer them into dust. But that hasn't happened in more than 60 years.
The world hasn't elected you the police officers of Earth. You have no authority beyond your own

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10723
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
borders.

borders.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.