Happy New Year!

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Happy New Year!

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year!

Good luck with whatever resolutions you make this year.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Happy New Year.  Big

Happy New Year.  Big things from me this year.  New site upgrade, overhaul of sorts, new site project designed to benefit the entirety of atheist discussion online at www.atheismunited.com

Happy New Year to all of you!

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Another trip around the sun,

Another trip around the sun, and another round of broken resolutions of going to the gym more, and stop being a bitch.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Happy new years all!

Happy new years all!

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Happy New Year every one. Oh

Happy New Year every one.

Oh Brian, last game of the season MOMMY!

Bob will be happy either way, he won't be tortured by me until next fall.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Happy New Year

Wishing you and yours best health and happiness and a faster RRS server Smiling

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
To all

A happy and un-holy new year to one and all. Through all the holiday feasting I picked up another 5 pounds,  my only resolution is to somehow get rid of it before it becomes a permenant addition.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you Brian Sapient,

Thank you Brian Sapient, thanks to you and your green birdie buddies I get to end the season on a sour note and start the New Year on a sour note.

I hope you are happy Mr!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year!!!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

luca
atheist
User is offlineOffline

I would want't to ruin the happiness lingering here, but I don't think I'll join you. Things here are going bad, than badder, then again badder. As a "happy new year" we received more taxes, new taxes, all the prices rised, lowered pensions, gasoline cost something you -- trust me -- could not imagine, there's no to little work, and this is just the beginning of the fiscal measure. Considering what could happen, I am quite sure this will not be a happy year; substantially there's no way 2012 could be a happy year, and if there are, at the moment they're invisible. But the real problem is not that this will not be a happy year, instead it is that it could be a catastrophic year, and it has been so for a lot of people as of now. I think it would be a good year if no more floods will arrive here and if everyone can keep his job for paying the bills. My expectations are a little low, this time.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry, New Year isn't for

Sorry, New Year isn't for another 9 months or so

To everyone here on my list of "nice people", may the coming non-Jewish (heh) New Year bring you health, happiness and prosperity.

To Brian Sapient, you are a credit to our species and I wish you all the best in bringing about a world in which people are able to live in peace and security.  Even you pesky Atheists

To Brian37, better luck next season.  How about them Saints!!!

To Bob Spence, thanks for sending the sun back our way.  I hate winter.  I hope you live in Southern Australia where it gets cold in your winter because you didn't send the sun back here soon enough.

To Vastet and ProzacDeathWish, here's to looking forward to a less strife-ridden year than the past one.

To Beyond Saving, while I hope that you don't experience the kind of economic hardship experienced by many others, I do hope that you get out of your comfort zone and see what life is like for people who've got far less than you, and far fewer opportunities to get there.

It's 9am where I live and I've got vendors who are supposed to be back from the holidays, so I'm off to do the "work" thing in earnest for the first time in weeks.  If people would just WORK all 12 months of the year I wouldn't be getting ready to make a giant pot of coffee ...

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:Sorry,

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Sorry, New Year isn't for another 9 months or so

To everyone here on my list of "nice people", may the coming non-Jewish (heh) New Year bring you health, happiness and prosperity.

To Brian Sapient, you are a credit to our species and I wish you all the best in bringing about a world in which people are able to live in peace and security.  Even you pesky Atheists

To Brian37, better luck next season.  How about them Saints!!!

To Bob Spence, thanks for sending the sun back our way.  I hate winter.  I hope you live in Southern Australia where it gets cold in your winter because you didn't send the sun back here soon enough.

To Vastet and ProzacDeathWish, here's to looking forward to a less strife-ridden year than the past one.

To Beyond Saving, while I hope that you don't experience the kind of economic hardship experienced by many others, I do hope that you get out of your comfort zone and see what life is like for people who've got far less than you, and far fewer opportunities to get there.

It's 9am where I live and I've got vendors who are supposed to be back from the holidays, so I'm off to do the "work" thing in earnest for the first time in weeks.  If people would just WORK all 12 months of the year I wouldn't be getting ready to make a giant pot of coffee ...

Now you give me all the fuel in the world to side with Noony. I can tolerate lots of things. But you just complemented an EAGLES FAN!

For someone who argues "My land" where is your compassion for the Washington Redskins who got their ass kicked this weekend by those vial green monsters?

He is not a credit to our species!

(Note to self: Did I think this or type it?)

And Happy whatever year to you Missy! How is it a Jew is a Saints fan anyway? I think you are a secret Catholic.

Ok, I'll laith out theith piecith pipe right now. Our TRUE common Enemy Dallas lost to the Giants and knocked Dallas out of the Playoffs! That is at least something.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Now you give

Brian37 wrote:

Now you give me all the fuel in the world to side with Noony. I can tolerate lots of things. But you just complemented an EAGLES FAN!

For someone who argues "My land" where is your compassion for the Washington Redskins who got their ass kicked this weekend by those vial green monsters?

I was born a lot closer to Philly than to any other NFL =or= AFL stadium.  I was an Eagles fan from inside the womb Eye-wink

Brian37 wrote:
And Happy whatever year to you Missy! How is it a Jew is a Saints fan anyway? I think you are a secret Catholic.

It's the year 5777 -- and a leap year!  We get an extra month, and now you have a retort to any Creationist who tells you the Earth is 6,000 years old -- you can say "Is not!  It's only 5,777 years old!"

How am I a Saint's fan?  I lived in New Orleans for 20-some years and grew up hoping, with absolutely no legitimate reason to do so, that some day the Saints wouldn't suck.

How am I not Catholic?  Easy.  Too much idolatry, polytheism and one too many popes.

Brian37 wrote:
Ok, I'll laith out theith piecith pipe right now. Our TRUE common Enemy Dallas lost to the Giants and knocked Dallas out of the Playoffs! That is at least something.

True, that.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:Brian37

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I was born a lot closer to Philly than to any other NFL =or= AFL stadium.  I was an Eagles fan from inside the womb Eye-wink

Brian37 wrote:

It's the year 5777 -- and a leap year!  We get an extra month, and now you have a retort to any Creationist who tells you the Earth is 6,000 years old -- you can say "Is not!  It's only 5,777 years old!"

How am I a Saint's fan?  I lived in New Orleans for 20-some years and grew up hoping, with absolutely no legitimate reason to do so, that some day the Saints wouldn't suck.

How am I not Catholic?  Easy.  Too much idolatry, polytheism and one too many popes.

Brian37 wrote:

True, that.

You want me to be a Jew hater, keep it up missy! You advocate "my land" but yet you support a bunch of European descendants who's first Capital was Philly, who went on to take the land from Natives. Jeeze you should be a Redskins fan. AND A BUNCH OF BIRDIES! You know what birds do to cars after you wash them!

Oh crap, now you have to do that common ground thing and expose my bluster for what it is. Yea yea yea, Cowboys got knocked out of the playoffs. DAMN YOU!

DON'T HUMANIZE YOURSELF TO ME! I HATE DALLAS TOO, wont you please let me hate something about you?

I want to be a Jew hater, but all I can do is hate the Eagles and your god claims.

I HATE BEING HUMAN! I HATE HAVING COMPASSION, FUCK!

I am a horrible atheist. I am turning in my Barbecue Kitten Of The Month Card. I suck at being an atheist.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian,Thanks for the laugh

Brian,

Thanks for the laugh -- I've got a number of parts orders I can't figure out because vendors disappeared for two weeks and one of my clients is late AGAIN with a payment.

I needed the laugh.  Without it I'd have needed to go find a dog to kick.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry guys and gals

Sorry everyone. I was busy working. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year and all turns out well. Let's ring Atheism into 2012.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Brian,

Thanks for the laugh -- I've got a number of parts orders I can't figure out because vendors disappeared for two weeks and one of my clients is late AGAIN with a payment.

I needed the laugh.  Without it I'd have needed to go find a dog to kick.

You should have been on Skype with Bob Spence and a guy nicked named Hillbilly Atheist last night with me. We were like South Park fucked Mel Brooks and had an evil love child.

A little background. HB "Hillbilly Atheist" is into country music, not the corporate crap, but the hard core underground stuff. I hate country music. That bastard last night googled  "bluegrass" in combination with my style of favorite music. Every time I mentioned a rock song or heavy metal song, he FOUND a bluegrass version, AND TORTURED ME WITH IT!

So when I go after you over what drives me crazy about your claims. Jews are not victims. I AM! He even found a bluegrass version of the Redskins fight song 'Hail To the Redskins".  I was on the verge of suicide!

You think I can fuck with you? Don't mess with a Redneck atheist. With friends like him I do not need enemas.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Furry & Brian37

Why don't you two chill out and do what I do;  become Patriot fans,  there is so much less agravation with St.Thomas of Brady at QB.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

Why don't you two chill out and do what I do;  become Patriot fans,  there is so much less agravation with St.Thomas of Brady at QB.

TAKE A CHILL? AT 5-11? Braves on the warpath my ass! And even our token Jew here and her Saints made the Playoffs. How does a Jew support Catholics and voodoo? I don't get that. Nice springtime parades though. Lots beads and boobs. Madi Grass makes Tampa's parade look like a joke.

But to quote Buffalo Bill from Silence Of The Lambs, "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT PAIN IS!"

I am a Redskins fan for Thor's sake! I WANT MY MOMMY!

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Jeffrick

Brian37 wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

TAKE A CHILL? AT 5-11? Braves on the warpath my ass! And even our token Jew here and her Saints made the Playoffs. How does a Jew support Catholics and voodoo? I don't get that. Nice springtime parades though. Lots beads and boobs. Madi Grass makes Tampa's parade look like a joke.

ANY "Fat Tuesday" parade, other than Mardi Gras in Rio, is a joke.

I took my son to Mardi Gras 5 or 6 years ago -- he'll be 19 this month, so he was early teens.

I've got my camera, long lens and all, and we're walking down Bourbon Street.  I hand him the camera so I can engage in a bit of bead begging, and he's got it pointed at women up on the balconies flashing the crowd.

We keep walking a ways and I'm starting to get asked "Show your tits!", with this teenage son of mine next to me.  And a cop.  Never forget the cops on horses, because it =is= illegal to flash your tits, even during Mardi Gras.

What is great about New Orleans and Mardi Gras is that it very much is a religious party, unlike in other parts of the country where it's just an excuse to get drunk.  At midnight, as soon as becomes Ash Wednesday, the party =stops=.  Then we all go home and throw up.

So, how was I never Catholic?  Mom's family was militantly anti-Catholic.  One of my cousins became engaged to an Italian and the first question, not the second or third, but the very first question was supposedly "Is he Catholic?"

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:Brian37

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

ANY "Fat Tuesday" parade, other than Mardi Gras in Rio, is a joke.

I took my son to Mardi Gras 5 or 6 years ago -- he'll be 19 this month, so he was early teens.

I've got my camera, long lens and all, and we're walking down Bourbon Street.  I hand him the camera so I can engage in a bit of bead begging, and he's got it pointed at women up on the balconies flashing the crowd.

We keep walking a ways and I'm starting to get asked "Show your tits!", with this teenage son of mine next to me.  And a cop.  Never forget the cops on horses, because it =is= illegal to flash your tits, even during Mardi Gras.

What is great about New Orleans and Mardi Gras is that it very much is a religious party, unlike in other parts of the country where it's just an excuse to get drunk.  At midnight, as soon as becomes Ash Wednesday, the party =stops=.  Then we all go home and throw up.

So, how was I never Catholic?  Mom's family was militantly anti-Catholic.  One of my cousins became engaged to an Italian and the first question, not the second or third, but the very first question was supposedly "Is he Catholic?"

I don't care why you are not Catholic, I was just making a joke about supporting a sports team with a Catholic name. My mom is Catholic, but that I not why I am not. As you know I am not Jewish for the same reason.

But I think the story of people asking you to flash your tits next to your son is funny as hell. I don't care what label you are, it is always creepy being around family when private parts get discussed. I think all parents want to think of their kids not having those parts. And kids don't want to think about their parents having those parts.

My mom started seeing a urologist a few years back. First thing I noticed on the examination room wall was a very graphic medical diagram depicting a man's inner's proflie with a finger up his ass. It was depicting and explaining the need of a prostate exam. To this day my mom jokes about it every time we go their by wiggling her finger at me. UGH! EWE EWE EWE! I know doctors need to know that, but why do both my mom and I have to be in the same room with that when I am not the one being examined. I think some things should be need to know basis.

Anywho, she really fucked with me this last visit, on top of poking fun of the prostate poster, started reading another display about erectile dysfunction. Of course in both cases she was joking, but it still makes one go "EWE!"

I begged the nurse to possibly remove those things from the walls, of course I too was joking, and she got a laugh out of it too.

But I bet your son was happy you didn't flash your tits.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:It's the year 5777 --

Quote:

Lmao. The picture that provoked cracks me up.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Quote:It's the

Vastet wrote:
Quote:
Lmao. The picture that provoked cracks me up.

It is a funny encounter because the "correct" response is that the six days of Creation are NOT included in those 5,777 years and the length of those "days" is not considered to be strictly 24 hours.  The usual retort is that a "yom" is a "day", but that's not the case in either Hebrew =or= English.  See the idiom "days of old" as an example.

See this definition -- http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H3117&t=KJV

Quote:

1) day, time, year

a) day (as opposed to night)

b) day (24 hour period)

1) as defined by evening and morning in Genesis 1

2) as a division of time

a) a working day, a day's journey

c) days, lifetime (pl.)

d) time, period (general)

e) year

f) temporal references

1) today

2) yesterday

3) tomorrow