All blasphemy aside.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
All blasphemy aside.

I hope everyone, including my believing counterparts, have an enjoyable day.  We can put aside the debate and blasphemy and wish happiness and good times.

My recent tradition with my mom is to write here 3 poems. One from my dog, one from my cat, and one from me. Out of all the things I give her, she loves that the most. I enjoy it to because I love to see her put a smile on her face. That smile is the best gift to me in the world. And I know my mom darned well is going to spoil the heck out of me today.

Mind you, my well wishing is in context of this thread. I really do know how to separate a claim from the common wish of happiness we all want, especially when it comes to wanting to share good times with family and friends.

I may even beat up on claims today in other threads. But consider this thread neutral today.

We all love our families no matter what day we focus on. We all like letting our hair down and having good food and giving presents to others. We'll have some wine or beer and watch some sports, or simply enjoy watching others open the gifts we give them.

Happiness is a universal desire and today is for everyone just as every other day, at opportunity to be happy and spend time with loved ones.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year in advance.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Merry Hitchmas to you too,

Merry Hitchmas to you too, Brian...

I celebrate... mainly because I enjoy it, and won't let a bunch of christian jizzbuckets determine when, where or how I should have fun... Today we'll go to the movies, before we head to my Sister's house for an evening of gluttony, laughter, and retail entanglements...

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Well we sat around our pagan

Well we sat around our pagan winter solstice tree and opened a bunch of presents for the kids.   Now the wife is cooking us all up a ton of food while the kids play.  And I've already started on my first beer.  Whee.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
Our Christmas...

Presents for the grand kids...
Enough food to glut a third world country...
Playing Poker with my kids 'til the wee hours....

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cat and I have the place to

Cat and I have the place to ourselves for a day of gaming. Be seeing family tomorrow.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline

Just another day to me.....