Atheists are a bunch of heartless bastards.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Atheists are a bunch of heartless bastards.

Doctors Without boarders got cooties in the amount of 200,000 bucks from a bunch of godless commie kitten barbecuing atheists. We are so heartless we cheered when Bambi's mother got shot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/atheists-aim-to-change-image-of-penny-pinching-scrooges/2011/12/21/gIQAcOqi9O_stor...

We gotta stop doing nice things, it is ruining our image.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
You'll just have to raise

You'll just have to raise your quota for bbq'd kittens, that's all.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Vastet wrote:You'll just

Vastet wrote:
You'll just have to raise your quota for bbq'd kittens, that's all.

I really am sick of my fellow atheists ruining our image by doing stupid things like charity, obeying the law. What happened to the good ol days when you worshiped Stalin and Po Pot and Hitler? I was sooo looking to the orgies in public and raping women.

But nooooooo, some atheists think we can do good and be good. What the fuck is the point of being an atheist if you cant be cruel and mean and lawless?

YOU GUYS ARE RUINING EVERYTHING!

I am sooo ashamed to be an atheist right now.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

luca
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Doctors

Brian37 wrote:
Doctors Without boarders got cooties in the amount of 200,000 bucks from a bunch of godless commie kitten barbecuing atheists. We are so heartless we cheered when Bambi's mother got shot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/atheists-aim-to-change-image-of-penny-pinching-scrooges/2011/12/21/gIQAcOqi9O_stor...

The link is down...

Anyway crap I can't stop now, I have a church to burn!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
luca wrote:Brian37

luca wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

The link is down...

Careful now, I know you meant the church burning as a joke, or at least I hope you did. But there are morons who might take that seriously. Just saying. Text can be unfortunately misread because it is not like a live video where you can display much more intent.

I myself when I joke like that try to go way out of my way to make it as clear as possible. Not saying don't joke but just make it clear.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Hitler rally to attend. You are not a good atheist unless you worship Hitler.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think there are two

I think there are two schools of thought on atheists amoung theists. One is the kitty and baby BarBQers. The other is we're just like everyone else except were just fucking idiots for not taking Pascal's wager.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
EXC wrote:I think there are

EXC wrote:

I think there are two schools of thought on atheists amoung theists. One is the kitty and baby BarBQers. The other is we're just like everyone else except were just fucking idiots for not taking Pascal's wager.

I think for most believers in the pluralistic west we are idiots for not taking the sucker bet. I only wish they would clamp down on the jackasses who do view us as kitten and baby barbecuers.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think there's a third,

I think there's a third, apathetic group. People who don't care whether or not others believe. You just don't run into them in debates because they don't care.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I think there's

Vastet wrote:
I think there's a third, apathetic group. People who don't care whether or not others believe. You just don't run into them in debates because they don't care.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

luca
atheist
User is offlineOffline
invaders

Brian37 wrote:

luca wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

The link is down...

Careful now, I know you meant the church burning as a joke, or at least I hope you did. But there are morons who might take that seriously. Just saying. Text can be unfortunately misread because it is not like a live video where you can display much more intent.

I myself when I joke like that try to go way out of my way to make it as clear as possible. Not saying don't joke but just make it clear.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Hitler rally to attend. You are not a good atheist unless you worship Hitler.

I barely know where that place is... While surely there will be no fire, people are trying to call the police. Obviously the people in there doesn't listen to complains, and if you tell the police it's a religious function they will not do anything, but if told to them that "there's a big noise" maybe they will come and actually do something...

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
luca wrote:Brian37

luca wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

luca wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

The link is down...

I barely know where that place is... While surely there will be no fire, people are trying to call the police. Obviously the people in there doesn't listen to complains, and if you tell the police it's a religious function they will not do anything, but if told to them that "there's a big noise" maybe they will come and actually do something...

Well, it still does not justify the inaction. I am an atheist, but if I take the job of fire fighter or police, I don't get to select what property I protect or which people I protect. Our military does not either.

Now if this is the reality in this video you are pointing out, then that society has a huge fucking problem and absolutely no ethics.

If America were a majority of atheist instead of Christian, I'd still want churches protected and mosques protected. I might debate the person as to why their money would be better spent building something else and  DO want to ween society off the feeling of needing a god. That they don't need a god to live life. But a civil society that minimizes harm to dissent as a human rights issue, cannot afford to behave in that manor.

I'd like to think that all humans are capable of at least the ethic of helping their fellow human, even when they disagree with them. And we certainly have proven that from time to time.

Lion IRC
Theist
Lion IRC's picture
User is offlineOffline
And you wonder why nobody agrees on a "definition" of atheism.

Atheist PR campaigns look disingenuous.

Try hard evangelism for what?

Non-stamp collecting?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Lion IRC wrote:Atheist PR

Lion IRC wrote:

Atheist PR campaigns look disingenuous.

Try hard evangelism for what?

Non-stamp collecting?

Oh crap all atheists run and hide, he got us, the Jig is up. We're screwed. Damn, now I am going actually have to go to church.

What's your problem, do you have a hard time with an atheist competing with you?

And no, it's not selling "non stamp collecting". It's called doing the right thing. Unlike you we don't need a fictional being to fawn over trying to win brownie points to get into a fictional utopia. When we give we know there wont be any after life to either look forward to or be frightened by. When we give, it is because it feels nice to give and we know that giving, is not an invention of religion, but part of our evolution as a species.

Disingenuous is giving someone something and expecting a conversion in return. Thats not giving, that is emotional blackmail, a bribe, just like the god you worship.

If such a claimed being were real AND truly selfless then it wouldn't need to advertise or even care if they never get a thank you. Cops and firefighters and even many in our military will go their entire lives never being famous and never have books written about them,

Now the ONLY reason atheists put the word "atheist" in their charities names is because people like you lie and say we are being disingenuous.

There is not one good thing you can say or do that an atheist cannot say or do.

You merely don't like the competition.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Their are atheists that take

Their are atheists that take action and atheists that talk,

atheists that debate and atheists that gawk. 

Atheists that listen and atheists that dismiss,

atheists that question and atheists that reminisce.

Atheists that build walls and atheists that break barriers,

but despite the small differences, being an atheist means "the more, the merrier."

luca
atheist
User is offlineOffline
yes we can't

Brian37 wrote:

luca wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Well, it still does not justify the inaction. I am an atheist, but if I take the job of fire fighter or police, I don't get to select what property I protect or which people I protect. Our military does not either.

Now if this is the reality in this video you are pointing out, then that society has a huge fucking problem and absolutely no ethics.

If America were a majority of atheist instead of Christian, I'd still want churches protected and mosques protected. I might debate the person as to why their money would be better spent building something else and  DO want to ween society off the feeling of needing a god. That they don't need a god to live life. But a civil society that minimizes harm to dissent as a human rights issue, cannot afford to behave in that manor.

I'd like to think that all humans are capable of at least the ethic of helping their fellow human, even when they disagree with them. And we certainly have proven that from time to time.

You forgot that it's Italy. Not only police doesn't have the money, but we have a catholic theocratic nation in here too. Now, it's true that those in the video are evangelicals, which is unusual here (you said you were catholic too, no? you should know that singing like that is absolutely out of question in catholicism), in fact they are singing in english (or american of wtf), but they are still christians, so if you tell the police "go in that church and tell them to shut up" they will wait and wait before doing it. What is happening instead is that people around there is going away.