Jesus figurine stolen from Nativity

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Jesus figurine stolen from Nativity

I got a chuckle out of this.

Seriously though, theft is wrong.  Especially when the Nativity scene was in a church.   I don't condone it even though I did find it amusing.

Quote:

The person who stole a baby Jesus figurine from a Nativity scene in Texas A&M's All Faiths Chapel was probably playing a prank.

The thief left behind a cartoon dialogue bubble attached to Joseph that said, "He is risen." Mary, standing on the other side of the now empty cradle, had her own bubble that said, "Oh, God."

But John Ellison, who owns the Nativity set, isn't laughing. And the theft has put a significant damper on his Christmas joy.

The 1982 A&M graduate doesn't work on campus but said he has a strong spiritual connection to its chapel. He prays there almost every day and was shocked earlier this month to find his Jesus figurine stolen.

Ellison has placed the set in the foyer of A&M's chapel for the last few years to "glorify God and to bring attention to the fact that we are celebrating the birth of Christ," he said. He paid between $200 and $300 for the tabletop set.

"You take Jesus away from a Nativity scene and you render it mute," he said. "In essence, they stole the whole kit and kaboodle."

Money, he said, is not the issue, though.

"The offense is more on a spiritual level," he said.

Ellison said he doesn't know the exact day he discovered the figurine was missing, only that it was early this month. He didn't call the police, he said, but did tell a security guard on the site. The theft has continued to grate at him, leading him to call The Eagle this week.

"I walked by it this morning and I was offended once again that someone would walk into a church and steal the figure of Jesus," he said on Tuesday.

http://www.theeagle.com/faith_values/Away-from-the-manger--6854558

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
 oh that is wrong  The

oh that is wrong  

The timing was not right. Easter is when you still the baby Jesus.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yea, it does put a damper on

Yea, it does put a damper on the idea of this super hero being all powerful, cant even protect his own house when he has the 357(unlimited power) and the thief only has his hands.

But no, whoever stole it should take it back, and if they do get caught they should be arrested.

If you want to protest the absurdity of a virgin birth, theft is not the civil way to do it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ten bucks says it was a

Ten bucks says it was a christian who wanted a baby jesus of their own.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote: oh that

ex-minister wrote:

oh that is wrong  

Easter is when we steal the baby Christians, slit their throats, and use their blood to make matzah.

Idols are smashed, not stolen.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder

FurryCatHerder wrote:

ex-minister wrote:

oh that is wrong  

Easter is when we steal the baby Christians, slit their throats, and use their blood to make matzah.

I'll give you this, a sense of humor. Still wrong about your book of myth, but good to see you can poke fun of yourself.

But if you think some fucking Jew is going to steal the thunder from the real immoral bloodthirsty godless Stalin loving commie atheists, you are dead wrong.

WE barbecue kittens, and we record the NFL without their permission!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:Easter

FurryCatHerder wrote:

You are really cool.

If I wasn't married already, and happily at that, I'd terrorize you with the request.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci