Howard Stern Attacks Glenn Beck about Anti-Evolution

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Howard Stern Attacks Glenn Beck about Anti-Evolution

Watch these three clips on Howard Stern railing against Glenn Beck and arguments-against-evolution theory (also known as intelligent design).  It's a refreshing half-hour of fighting off the anti-science crowd.  (Stern needs to learn more about evolution, but he promotes it well.)

Part 1  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4nPM-bCB8Q

Part 2  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk-MU6hWwyo

Part 3  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOZ00asHuAY&feature=related

Stern also did a great half-hour bit against Kirk Cameron.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have to thank Howard for

I have to thank Howard for bitch slapping Beck and his dangerous attack on science that will only serve to dumb down society.

However, I got a lip twitch when Howard said "we don't know how". Yes Howard, we do. DNA like a deck of cards gets shuffled, cards get added and taken away, and all this happens slowly over a long period of time.

So kudos to you on rightfully bitch slapping a dangerous and ignorant man. But Howard, we do know how evolution works and what causes it. Natural selection.

Now to the people who think Howard is brash. What would you have him OR scientists for that matter do in the face of such absurdity that has the real impact of keeping people scientifically stupid because they listen to assholes like Beck?

FYI I couldn't keep myself from laughing and I have yet to listen to the other two parts. Going to do that now. Wow, I am so happy to see more and more people, especially media push back against these idiots who insist on keeping us in the dark ages.

The future education of our society depends on the defense of valuing science. Beck if no one blasphemed and ridiculed his absurdities, and simply said 'He has the right to believe what he wants" "don't pick on him" we will end up with a theocracy full of sheep rivaling that of Iran and North Korea.

This is NOT about Becks Constitutional rights. This IS about defending the truth and Beck deserves the verbal ridicule and scorn for his selfish attempt to dumb down society just to make a buck.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Howard has everything he

Howard has everything he needs to bitchslap every religious follower ever born in one on one conversation, O'Reilly included. Except a good understanding of science. But since the religious are rarely scientifically literate, that probably won't slow him down.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline

My favorite part in the Kirk Cameron bit was when Howard paused for a few seconds and then said, "I hate that kid."  I love that part! 

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Philosophicus wrote:Watch

Philosophicus wrote:

Watch these three clips on Howard Stern railing against Glenn Beck and arguments-against-evolution theory (also known as intelligent design).  It's a refreshing half-hour of fighting off the anti-science crowd.  (Stern needs to learn more about evolution, but he promotes it well.)

I had a Sirius radio for five years. I got it only so I could listen to Howard. Love the show.

Howard is no dummy, but I'm not sure I would want him to debate for the side of evolution. He's a good showman, but he would need a lot of index cards to be able to debate even the worst of Kirk Cameron.

Yet, he's right that Glenn Beck is a moron, Kirk Cameron is a douche and the rest of those people who ignore science are idiots.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Philosophicus wrote:

I had a Sirius radio for five years. I got it only so I could listen to Howard. Love the show.

Howard is no dummy, but I'm not sure I would want him to debate for the side of evolution. He's a good showman, but he would need a lot of index cards to be able to debate even the worst of Kirk Cameron.

Yet, he's right that Glenn Beck is a moron, Kirk Cameron is a douche and the rest of those people who ignore science are idiots.

To all reading this.

When people condemn this tactic I have to ask them, what would you have us do? What if Galileo said "I don't know if I want to tell them the truth, it might piss them off". What if he had had the the same media and ability as Howard and didn't have a majority who wrongfully put him under house arrest?

When you are selling the blatant crap that evolution is not true, that deserves the same condemnation that Galileo did not have the ability to do and was oppressed for. Lucky for us his findings were not completely destroyed.

You are a douche and a moron and an idiot if today, when we know what DNA is and still trying to sell creationism and ID. Why should credulity be treated as a virtue? Why should anyone's personal fantasy be given taboo status? How could our species move forward if we could not question the claims of others? How could we move forward if those claims always demanded the silence of others?

Why should we be polite to people who claim the earth is flat? What if we had the ability to scorn the Egyptian's claims of the sun being a god? How much further would we have been as a species IF someone knew the truth and were able to blaspheme their social norms back then.

The Egyptians pretty art and master building and longevity did not make the sun a god. I see nothing today that humans claim, ON ANY SUBJECT, that would demand a taboo. Our civility is not in making demands and our civility is not in never offending. Our civility is in our common law in knowing that WE all want the same thing. We all want food, shelter, a means to live, and the ability to bitch when we don't like something.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog