British woman goes on racist rant on tram

This went viral a couple days ago.

What a fucking bitch

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tbh that was more xenophobia

Tbh that was more xenophobia more than racism. And its not that far out of the norm. Sure most people won't say it in public in front of the people they hate but how many Americans want mexicans to stop coming into the country? In South Africa we have millions of Zimbabweans and the locals riot and attack and kill them for coming here. Sure she is a bitch but lets not pretend she is that far out of the norm.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
christ, i hope whatever the

christ, i hope whatever the british equivalent is of child protective services is seriously investigating this.  this is the first video i've watched in a loooong time that had me tearing up.  all i could see was that wide-eyed little boy on her lap who was clearly confused and had no idea what was going on.  i wonder what quantities of hate that cunt is filling his head with on a daily basis.  this is the perfect example of a parent's beliefs crossing the line into child abuse.  that boy has all the potential in the world, you can see kindness in his face, and that worthless gob of smegma is going to deprive him of it by warping his mind.

that boy on her lap might be the only thing that saved her from getting massacred.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
apparently she's been

apparently she's been arrested.  within 24 hours of the video being posted on youtube.  god, i love the internet.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/11/28/woman-arrested-over-racist-rant-in-my-tram-experience-youtube-video-115875-23595377/

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
I thought Southerner's were

I thought Southerner's were nasty mouth. She'd  feel at home in some of the Redneck towns of the South.

Wow. I thought the British were supposedly race tolerant. I'm surprised, I've seen this sort of thing in the South by White Supremacy radicals, but in England, just wow.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

Wow. I thought the British were supposedly race tolerant. I'm surprised, I've seen this sort of thing in the South by White Supremacy radicals, but in England, just wow.

Really, why would the Brits be any more racially tolerant ?  Based upon what ?   Geez, just think back to how utterly xenophobic the Brits have historically been against the frickin' Irish or the Scots  ( or Germans, French, Spaniards, Greeks, etc. ) not to mention the obvious irony that those reviled groups I've mentioned are considered to be within the same overall ethnic phenotype ( ie, White ) as the Brits themselves.   The English have never needed the added incentive of "race" in order to focus their wrath upon an "out" group.  

Jesus, just check out the violence that frequently ensues at so many of their soccer matches....

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic wrote:I

I thought Southerner's were nasty mouth. She'd  feel at home in some of the Redneck towns of the South.

doesn't surprise me at all.  i lived in london for a semester and i meet brits all the time throughout europe.  i've met plenty of nice ones, but the average english person is ignorant, rude, and foul-mouthed.  i mean really foul-mouthed.  londoners swear waaaay more than any american i've ever met.  seriously, every other word is "fuck."  not to mention their grammar tends to suck at least as much as any stereotypical american southerner, just in different ways.  the british tabloids are just plain vile compared to the american ones and they're a HUGE business in the UK.

here in central europe, the british have a reputation for coming to have stag parties, mistreating the women, antagonizing the natives, getting drunk and belligerent and pissing in public fountains.  you never hear this about americans.  american tourists can be loud and rude, but the british are a hundred times worse.  i guess they have a good reputation though because most people think of a bbc newsreader when they think of an englishman, but that's not an accurate representation. 

growing up in kentucky i had the same whimsical, romanticized view of the english as most of the world does.  i was a total anglophile.  now, however, after being an expatriate for so long and having met hundreds of them, i cringe even if i just hear an english accent from across a restaurant.  i can't stand them.  i've grown to like a couple and be on friendly terms with them, but i have to admit, an englishman has the deck stacked against him when it comes to entering my good graces.  i've spoken slovak to british tourists many times just so they'll leave me alone.  

--Hunter S. Thompson

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Easy people, lets not throw

Easy people, lets not throw every single person from a country in the same boat.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:Easy people,

Tapey wrote:

Easy people, lets not throw every single person from a country in the same boat.

I appreciate your reminder at maintaining a balanced perspective but I'm speaking purely in the categorical sense and dealing with what apparently constitutes a prevalent attitude.  The fact there are exceptions to the rule is a given.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Geez,

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Geez, just think back to how utterly xenophobic the Brits have historically been against the frickin' Irish or the Scots 

hear, hear.  and yet the irish and scots are always the ones characterized as drunk, ignorant, and violent.

a couple years ago ireland's soccer team came to play a match in slovakia.  this is when all the outrage at the english stag parties i mentioned above was fresh and people were really tense about so many irish fans coming.  guess what?  they were completely civil, polite, and law-abiding.  the bratislava police said there was not a single incident involving an irish fan the whole time they were here.

--Hunter S. Thompson

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:Easy people,

Tapey wrote:

i don't see why not.  historically, it's when the english get out of the boat that the problems start.

oooohhh... 

but seriously, i said i've met nice brits and even befriended a couple, but the vast majority i've met were not nice.  in fact, i was behind a not nice one in line at subway today.

yes, i generalize.  i don't accept my generalizations as gospel but i do find them helpful at times.  i know it's not politically correct.  in fact, that's another reason why i do it.

--Hunter S. Thompson

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:yes, i

iwbiek wrote:

yes, i generalize.  i don't accept my generalizations as gospel but i do find them helpful at times.

It's sometimes called "profiling" and it serves a legitimate purpose.   For example, if some uninformed neophyte were drinking at bar and encountered a group of loud, bearded, heavily tattooed men riding Harleys and wasn't already familiar with the group dynamics of outlaw bikers   the results could be painful to say the least

Knowledge ( or at least familiarity ) is power.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Really, why would the Brits be any more racially tolerant ?  Based upon what ?   Geez, just think back to how utterly xenophobic the Brits have historically been against the frickin' Irish or the Scots  ( or Germans, French, Spaniards, Greeks, etc. ) not to mention the obvious irony that those reviled groups I've mentioned are considered to be within the same overall ethnic phenotype ( ie, White ) as the Brits themselves.   The English have never needed the added incentive of "race" in order to focus their wrath upon an "out" group.  

Jesus, just check out the violence that frequently ensues at so many of their soccer matches....

That's the impression I got, clearly inaccurate. I've never been to the UK and only have met 1 or 2 tourists when they were in Orlando.

Possibly mislead from movies and such.

I'm aware of their history being rude, coarse, and violent in the past, but the image one gets of them in the US is different. Stuffy and wierd sense of humor perhaps, stupid in warfare for sure.

I knew that soccer matches erupt into violence, but that's true in South America or pretty much anywhere from the news reports I've seen. I figured they all do that.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:apparently

iwbiek wrote:

apparently she's been arrested.  within 24 hours of the video being posted on youtube.  god, i love the internet.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/11/28/woman-arrested-over-racist-rant-in-my-tram-experience-youtube-video-115875-23595377/

I don't think I'm all that comfortable with her being arrested. She's ignorant and bigoted yeah, and I hope her kid gets proper lessons on tolerance, but I don't think we should arrest her for it.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote: I

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I don't think I'm all that comfortable with her being arrested. She's ignorant and bigoted yeah, and I hope her kid gets proper lessons on tolerance, but I don't think we should arrest her for it.

I was thinking the same thing.  

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:iwbiek

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

I'd agree she deserved a ticket or a fine for using foul language around children. The rest of her racist bigoted remarks might be considered free speech.

Don't know English law on that. In the US we tolerate all sorts of derogatory speech as freedom of speech, hateful or not.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:iwbiek

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

well, first of all, it's a legitimate offense under british law.  the british have much stricter laws on public hate speech than the US, for example.  that's why they can bar fred phelps from their country.

second of all, i was more disturbed by her having her child with her, and like i said, her parenting should be investigated.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Off her tits if you ask me.

Having had my genome done by Sykes and Co at Oxford University I can report that as a Scot I'm 83 per cent Celt, and on the female side arrived through southern France via a genetic line that derives from Northern Greece. The point being that everyone on the planet is a migrant from somewhere at some point. "Her Britain" is a mental concept, not a genetic reality. 

This person seems to blame the ordinary working folks around her for the circumstances in which the UK finds itself - it's in the process of going through the world's first de-industrial revolution with the result being massive unemployment in working class areas and whole regions on the pension. There's a sense of complete hopelessness in parts of the UK made worse by a clear realisation of what the country used to be, as well as a comprehension that the bosses have finally and completed sterilized workers unions by taking all manufacture offshore.

This process has not happened in Germany or France, or even in Italy. Britain has been mis-managed. Since the mid-80s British manufacturing has fallen 70 per cent throwing more than 4 million skilled workers aside. Thatcher started this process. And Average Joe who fails to see that always pursuing the cheapest price inevitably means the annihilation of local manufacturing has a hand in it, too. A cycle of institutionalised poverty and a scrabble for low-paid menial service work has been the result. 

I was in England recently and there is seething resentment over twenty years of immigration in the face of this epidemic of joblessness. That London bombing did not help. The Brits have an anti-muslim thing going on that I think in part is exacerbated by the official line of political correctness. They are not happy vegemites and it's going to get a lot worse. Clown though she is, this woman's opinions are widespread over there. They may as well arrest the entire English working class while they are at it. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Squady
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 Ranting her heart out

Ranting her heart out cursing people around her while carrying her child. Totally insane 

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Without dipping too deep

Without dipping too deep into personal politics;

I figure this limey hothead might make a great EDL member right next to Anders Breivik's former enlistees for "White Christendom". *one finger salute*

Moving on...

pjts wrote:

Then I suppose you haven't met many rednecks or limeys.  The "one size fits all" approach towards stereotyping is sometimes useful as iwbiek suggested, but doesn't play out all that well in terms of southerners throwing nonstop obscenities out left and right. That is... until you watch a game of Football. Then it makes perfect sense. (Kinda like how it does for Brazil and UK regarding int'l football. I noticed some people mentioned The English Disease a few posts back.)

iwbiek wrote:
doesn't surprise me at all.  i lived in london for a semester and i meet brits all the time throughout europe.  i've met plenty of nice ones, but the average english person is ignorant, rude, and foul-mouthed.  i mean really foul-mouthed.  londoners swear waaaay more than any american i've ever met.  seriously, every other word is "fuck."  not to mention their grammar tends to suck at least as much as any stereotypical american southerner, just in different ways.  the british tabloids are just plain vile compared to the american ones and they're a HUGE business in the UK.

"bloody cunting fuck"  <--- line stolen from a Briton who posts at some of the boards I visit. He's a bit of a swearwizard.

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

It's no secret that to some supposedly developed and "civilized" nations, the concept of Inalienable Rights of expression is nonexistent. I personally have ZERO respect for governments that try to protect their own citizens from the ideas and opinions that other citizens might express at times.

Nothing that this woman said, even with her infant in her lap, could be considered "shouting "FIRE!" in a crowded theater". Most children don't take their parents seriously 100% of the time, nowadays. It is also possible that this woman was putting on a show for fellow passengers, and behaving like what is known as a "thundercunt" in slang terms, then behaving civilly in private again. Even the intended audience (some black guys and gals, apparently) were laughing and smirking at her when they weren't ardently standing their ground.

To her fellow passengers, it would seem she's thought of as "completely whack".

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

No where else to post this;

I was thinking your avatars creep me the fuck out, and I'm not easily creeped out. Where do you get them?

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
  ProzacDeathWish wrote:I

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

kapkao wrote:
No where else to post this;

I was thinking your avatars creep me the fuck out, and I'm not easily creeped out. Where do you get them?

I get bored a lot, so I sometimes do a Google "image search", type in a specific search term and see where it takes me....

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:pjts wrote:I

Kapkao wrote:

pjts wrote:

Then I suppose you haven't met many rednecks or limeys.  The "one size fits all" approach towards stereotyping is sometimes useful as iwbiek suggested, but doesn't play out all that well in terms of southerners throwing nonstop obscenities out left and right. That is... until you watch a game of Football. Then it makes perfect sense. (Kinda like how it does for Brazil and UK regarding int'l football. I noticed some people mentioned The English Disease a few posts back.)

I admitted I haven't met very many limeys.

As to Southerners, I lived in Florida for 22 years and just moved to Colorado. I grew up in Southern Colorado and have lived in backwoods towns in Florida,  Kansas and Nebraska as well. I have lived in 6 states in 16 cities and towns.

One just needs to go to Apopka, Ocala, Homosassa, Lakeland, Mims, Rockledge, Longwood, Sanford, Lake City, Melbourne, Sebring, Cocoa Beach, Vero Beach, Fort Pierce, Deland, Deltona, Leesburg, Mt Dora, any town in the panhandle for examples.

I did tanning bed repair and support all over the state of Florida and have plenty of first hand observations.

After that,  I have been a manufacturer's rep covering both the SE and SW US doing extensive travel.

See Floriduh - a web site that details that we'all spend far too much time in the Sun. - http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/specials/weirdflorida/blog/

It does not take a game of football for obscenties to fly, any subject will do.

And you?

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

Kapkao wrote:

pjts wrote:

As to Southerners, I lived in Florida for 22 years and just moved to Colorado. I grew up in Southern Colorado and have lived in backwoods towns in Florida,  Kansas and Nebraska as well. I have lived in 6 states in 16 cities and towns.

One just needs to go to Apopka, Ocala, Homosassa, Lakeland, Mims, Rockledge, Longwood, Sanford, Lake City, Melbourne, Sebring, Cocoa Beach, Vero Beach, Fort Pierce, Deland, Deltona, Leesburg, Mt Dora, any town in the panhandle for examples.

I did tanning bed repair and support all over the state of Florida and have plenty of first hand observations.

After that,  I have been a manufacturer's rep covering both the SE and SW US doing extensive travel.

See Floriduh - a web site that details that we'all spend far too much time in the Sun. - http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/specials/weirdflorida/blog/

And you?

Perhaps Rich Woods could offer his perspective on the subject of profanity as it relates to geographical location ?   He's from New York City isn't he ?

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:I get

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
I get bored a lot, so I sometimes do a Google "image search", type in a specific search term and see where it takes me....

I seem to have found the answer:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/iamjooish/disturbiamousecloseup.png

The women's section at Disturbia Clothing. Well... at least they got the name of their enterprise right!

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

Kapkao wrote:

pjts wrote:

And you?

My home state (Alabama) and Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, as well as the panhandle. I've also spent a week or so (9 days total IIRC) in the Four Corners states in 93, starting out at Denver, so I have something of an idea of what Colorado is like, at least in terms of the Airforce Academy and the parts of Denver that didn't require mingling with the commoners (fancy restaurants and museums.) I have at least a childhood memory of what the tourist attractions of Colorado and much of the Southwest are like. I also recall places like Atlanta, Nashville, Cades Cove, Cherokee Rez, some part of South Carolina back in the 80s (can't remember the name) and again in the early 90s, but no in the dusty, cob-webbed 'file cabinet' of my life memories do I recall obscenity like what you describe or what was seen in the vid. Granted, football is the foremost example that came to mind that I believed others here could have related to. The coastlines of The South tend to differ vastly with the inland areas and cities. The people are different, yeah?

There is, on the other hand, "Dirty South" music and The Gunney. (He isn't the high-strung taskmaster as is often portrayed by him on movies and TV, believe it or not)

edit; TBH, Panama City and the surrounding areas happen to be known as "Redneck Hell", and for good reason. It's trashy as a motherfuck.

Oops. Eye-wink

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Racism never made sense to

Racism never made sense to me. I somehow was able to understand it to an extent (the hows and whys), but the sheer hatred is beyond me. I've never experienced hatred as an emotion myself, and it makes no sense to generate such extreme feelings over miniscule and largely irrelevant details of appearance.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.