Babies Embrace Punishment Earlier Than Previously Thought, Study Suggests

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Babies Embrace Punishment Earlier Than Previously Thought, Study Suggests

ScienceDaily (Nov. 28, 2011)— Babies as young as eight months old prefer it when people who commit or condone antisocial acts are mistreated, a new study led by a University of British Columbia psychologist finds.
While previous research shows that babies uniformly prefer kind acts, the new study published Nov. 28 in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences suggests that eight month-old infants support negative behavior if it is directed at those who act antisocially -- and dislike those who are nice to bad guys.

Article continues:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/11/111128152416.htm

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
That's some heavy stuff.  I

That's some heavy stuff.  I love how much we DON'T know about the human mind until it's figured out seemingly suddenly like this when, in actuality, it's taken years and years and probably MUCH MUCH longer; the science just wasn't there at the time.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:That's

Sage_Override wrote:

That's some heavy stuff.  I love how much we DON'T know about the human mind until it's figured out seemingly suddenly like this when, in actuality, it's taken years and years and probably MUCH MUCH longer; the science just wasn't there at the time.

It is amazing, how little we actually know.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno