User is offlineOffline
Eric Hovind, bwahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FELO-UbBrNQ&feature=related

Eric hovind destroys athiesm and proves god with gamechanger reasoning like:

"God is god"
and
"Without god, you can't even know anything"
and
"How can you argue against god, because every argument you make against god will assume god"

Brilliant stuff!!!

He has solid proof of god:

1)-Experiential/testimony
2)-Evidential
3)-Essential

More brilliant stuff.

BWHAHAHAHA

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Crack heads...

Crack heads...

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Such goofy special

Such goofy special effects.

Hovind quotes "Heaven is my throne and the earth is my foot stool." after showing how big things are in "the heavens" comparing it to earth.

I thought "Wow God has tiny feet."    

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Crack

Vastet wrote:
Crack heads...

Religion...

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
  The likes/dislikes for

The likes/dislikes for this Eric Hovind video are 68 likes to 2166 dislikes, 97% hated it.  I would assume even theists have to be hating this guy to produce those numbers, everything he says is just fucking nonsense. 

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
I'm not buying it, this kid

I'm not buying it, this kid and his dad are reasonably intelligent frauds, no way this is real, he's a fucking actor.  A con artists he doesn't believe this shit I can see it in his eyes, he's lying man it's a damb con.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61hSyWwH_x4

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:Eric

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Eric hovind destroys athiesm and proves god with gamechanger reasoning like:

"God is god"
and
"Without god, you can't even know anything"
and
"How can you argue against god, because every argument you make against god will assume god"

Brilliant stuff!!!

He has solid proof of god:

1)-Experiential/testimony
2)-Evidential
3)-Essential

More brilliant stuff.

The presuppers complete non sequitur.

One of the easiest arguments to defeat.

I've actually been focused on these arguments recently and listening and reading to as many of them as I can. They are absurdly amusing.

I'm just not sure if these presuppers actually don't understand where they're failing, or that they're confident that the majority of sheeple will not be bright enough to detect the fallacies.

I'm thinking it's mainly the latter, but the former is just as likely.

As far as Eric Hovind's understanding of evolution, it seems his understanding isn't much better than his father Kent Hovind's.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Last weekend there was a

Last weekend there was a saturday worship meeting in local church and it was focused on a lecture of one psychiatrist from a local city. This psychiatrist was a total religious believer from the Augsburg Evangelical Church, just like everyone in the audience. 

The topic of lecture was how to deal with fear in our life. People asked lots of questions, sometimes about children's nightmares, stuff like that. The psychiatrist sometimes answered with medical expertise and sometimes with biblical hooey, demons, angels and satan (who wasn't invented until late OT of course). My question, one of these anonymously written on a square of paper was, what to do if I'm afraid that my unbeliever friends will go to hell.

He basically answered that firstly it is none of my business to worry about that, god does the judgement. I just need to witness to them and let god do the rest of the work in their heart. He said, that people need to hear the gospel about 7 times, to be converted. Secondly, if I convert them, then I won't have to worry about them going to hell.
I kept my mouth shut, but wanted to say, that converting them will only make more people afraid that THEIR extended circle of friends will go to hell, so it will only make the problem worse. The true solution would be to become an unbeliever myself and stop spreading the bullshit and fear.

In the end of lecture, he mentioned Mr Hovind as one of his sources. I wanted to facepalm so much. Another piece of evidence that people can just shut off their brain selectively when it comes to whatever they were indoctrinated. Reading Bible as a believer and objectively is like reading two different books.

But you know how it works. A marten can live in barn of a farm peacefully, as long as it goes to hunt only to other farms around, never where it lives. I allow myself only a small remark here and there, to let off the steam. And the Christian kids seem to like me. I don't want to antagonize the whole village by making one of them think and lose faith.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Alright, just what

Alright, just what specifically is being referred to as "the gospel" that must be seen/heard/whatever X times to convert the average "unsaved". I really hope it's not the whole bible, but it would certainly fit that, for the most part, someone who could read the whole thing multiple times would start losing it.

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:In the end of

Luminon wrote:

In the end of lecture, he mentioned Mr Hovind as one of his sources.

All the way in your neck of the woods?

That's why these people need to be stopped.

Even in the 21st century this kind of lunacy is still being repeated to young children who don't know any better.

Pure child abuse...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote: 

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

The likes/dislikes for this Eric Hovind video are 68 likes to 2166 dislikes, 97% hated it.  I would assume even theists have to be hating this guy to produce those numbers, everything he says is just fucking nonsense. 

I would say more people should view it at 55k views. Yes, I am hard to satisfy at times.

I'm posting it on facebook, to start with. Eric Hovind: charming, handsome, well-spoken, and full of shit. Spread the word my brotha... we always need another douchebag in the world.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Alright, just

Vastet wrote:
Alright, just what specifically is being referred to as "the gospel" that must be seen/heard/whatever X times to convert the average "unsaved". I really hope it's not the whole bible, but it would certainly fit that, for the most part, someone who could read the whole thing multiple times would start losing it.

as a former campus crusade staff member, i can tell you our organization put it this way, in what they call the "four spiritual laws":

http://4laws.com/laws/english/flash/

don't worry, it's a very quick read because it was meant to be mass-produced and shared as quickly as possible with as many people as possible.  most other mission-oriented protestant churches and parachurch organizations put it a similar way, with slight variations in emphasis.  i'm sure eric hovind would agree this is the gospel, though i imagine he would be slightly more hardline.  it's your basic feel-good, brainless sales pitch, buttressed by a handful of cherry-picked bible verses ripped completely from their contexts.

you might be dumber after reading it.  i was exposed to it for so many years i now constantly check to make sure my fly is up.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
That reads as a guide to

That reads as a guide to brainwashing yourself into belief. There is no path to god, merely a path to pretending god long and hard enough to convince yourself.

It'd take my willing compliance in rewriting my brain to accomplish such a change, and the end result is predictable. I wouldn't be any closer to god, just self deluded into thinking I was.

Sigh.

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for the laugh

iwbiek wrote:

Vastet wrote:

as a former campus crusade staff member, i can tell you our organization put it this way, in what they call the "four spiritual laws":

don't worry, it's a very quick read because it was meant to be mass-produced and shared as quickly as possible with as many people as possible.  most other mission-oriented protestant churches and parachurch organizations put it a similar way, with slight variations in emphasis.  i'm sure eric hovind would agree this is the gospel, though i imagine he would be slightly more hardline.  it's your basic feel-good, brainless sales pitch, buttressed by a handful of cherry-picked bible verses ripped completely from their contexts.

you might be dumber after reading it.  i was exposed to it for so many years i now constantly check to make sure my fly is up.

I burst out laughing about "checking your fly". 

And again when I saw this diagram of the selfish life and the out of control balls, but throw a cross in the middle and it is all better with balls circling perfectly. I became dumber and happier.

The actually site is better to watch

ROTF  

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:iwbiek

ex-minister wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Vastet wrote:

I burst out laughing about "checking your fly". 

And again when I saw this diagram of the selfish life and the out of control balls, but throw a cross in the middle and it is all better with balls circling perfectly. I became dumber and happier.

The actually site is better to watch

ROTF  

I am discord and frustration!

I will also join in on that ROTF

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
  This is gold.

This is gold.

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
A Polished Turd

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
This is gold.

For the Poe, ya...lol

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Luminon

redneF wrote:

Luminon wrote:

In the end of lecture, he mentioned Mr Hovind as one of his sources.

All the way in your neck of the woods?

That's why these people need to be stopped.

Even in the 21st century this kind of lunacy is still being repeated to young children who don't know any better.

Pure child abuse...

Yes, in many cases it is a child abuse. One religious family in the congregation has two little boys, about 3 or 4 years old. My mom, brother and his girlfriend were in pizzeria in the city and they saw this family there too. There was this traditional big hot stone oven for pizza, with orange glare coming out of it. One of the boys pointed at it and asked, "Is this how the Hell looks like?" The ironic thing is, that this is how a stopped religious abuse looks like. Mostly confined to families and congregations. It doesn't get into politics, but there seems to be no chance to erradicate it either.

There might be the first serious attempt of religion to enter into my politics, especially to oppose sexual education in schools and annoy sexuologists. It is true there were recently some exaggerated sex ed instructions for teachers that need to be removed. (if the teacher would tell me at this age to tell the class how often I masturbate, I'd tell him to gi'mme a break, as a polite kid that I was ) But the religious crowd exploits that opportunity to introduce the opposite extreme.

I meant the secretly christian Committee for protection of parental rights. (VORP) The rights of parents, not children. While the website may seem entirely secular, one click on partner organizations reveals they are mostly Christian groups. Their evidence is minimal, mostly testimonies of religious kids, raised in an unnatural notion of sexuality and apparently offended by a condom on broomstick handle.  The answer is obvious, religion abuses children and causes problems with their self-image and whole notion of sexuality. The problem is religion, not sex. I'll have to look at the interview with speakswoman of the Committee, if any of the viewers saw through their facade and noticed the religious lobby behind her. So far nobody brought it up yet, AFAIK.

The Committee demands to abolish mandatory teaching children about condoms, STDs and homosexuality. Parents aren't exactly eager sex educators themselves. They say the school sex ed is dehumanized, technical and without love and commitment. Their reason is supposedly that the teaching must be done voluntarily by someone they trust and not a twice divorced teacher. Why don't they understand that they are supposed to be the teaching examples of loving relationship and the school will do the dirty work with technical aspects? To me it looks like once these parents get to choose who will do sex ed, half of them will do nothing and half of them will ask their pastor to do the job.

The funny thing is, since VORP started their activism, the demand for information on sex greatly increased. Dr. Uzel, the leading sexuologist in my country has his calendar full of dozens of discussions in youth groups until January. 

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.