To those with the power
The failure to do so
What of their morals?

It sickens me
To see such display
To use this crime
As a deity's billboard
(end)

Once again, in the lines of claims and concepts I am trying to demonstrate that the CLAIM is a broken concept. Again, the words ARE harsh, but not out of hate. It is along the lines of "Wake up, can you see what you are selling and believing"?

No one would hire a baby sitter if they did what this god did in watching and only doing something after the fact.

As I said in another thread, how many people would pay good money to see a Superman movie, if Superman was in an ally, in the movie, standing next to a man while the man raped a woman and slit her throat. Would anyone find that story moral?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yep.We may not be able to

Yep.

We may not be able to prove absolutely there is not some kind of 'God', but we can prove to 99.999%, at least, that he is either asleep at the wheel, or explicitly evil.

Every 'miracle' is further proof of his dickishness, in arranging a publicity stunt, while millions suffer and die from the disease organisms and parasites and  bodily 'design defects' such as cancer etc etc.

Of course, the ultimate stunt, if it actually happened as 'reported', would be the Christ Crucifiction scenario.

Believing in such a prick requires such naive ignorance or willful blindness.....

So, yeah Brian, you are almost too kind to the idea of a such a being.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology