My vision of Steve Leiva's genetically enhanced gorgeous humanoids from another planet.

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
My vision of Steve Leiva's genetically enhanced gorgeous humanoids from another planet.

My vision of Steve Leiva's genetically enhanced gorgeous humanoids from another planet.  If you haven't read the book Traveling In Space the idea is a hominoid species separate from our own, that evolved on another planet that have mastered medicine, and genetic manipulation and live hundreds of years looking young.  They have completely tweaked their bone structure, muscle tissue, skin etc… to what they felt was more aesthetically pleasing over millennia of tinkering.   The auther Steve and I both thought it would be a great challenge to try and show what a being like this might look like, and I like challenges.  My process of thinking to achieve somewhat the look of this unusual gorgeousness was… . 

I stretched the body, she has an extra 4-5 inches on her torso, 6 inches on the legs, 2 inches on her much thinner neck, all with an impossibly small waist in proportion to height and natural breast size. Very defined collar bone, shoulders, and cheek bone. Her eyes are massive about 35% larger than normal, and her iris is about the size of a quarter. The colour in here eyes would be so bright and layered, and so perfectly clear and reflective they would shine like headlights. If she looked directly at you, you’d freeze for a second. Her face is perfectly symmetrical with no lines, wrinkles, or blemishes of any kind. The curve of her body is impossible, only made possible by her advanced more concentrated muscle tissue. The woman in this drawing would be about 6ft 2-3, and wouldn’t weigh more that 115lbs if that, she would fall to the ground if she were human, but she is not human she is very strong and athletic. Her hair is layers of lights and darks, she grows beautiful highlights and layers naturally all the time as set in her genetic makeup. Her hands and fingers are longer and thinner with tiny wrists. When she walks, it is like she is floating.   The first thing guys say to this drawing is “she’s HOT, but she’s too bony.” And that is the point, her proportions are impossible and a little odd to us, they are from a scientifically advanced society with millennia of genetic enhancements in their past. The have slowly tweaked their look, and there is much variation in their species, but in general I would guess they would look odd at the same time as incredibly gorgeous to us, the same way Anna Kournikova would look strange through the eyes of homo erectus, but still irresistably attractive.   Well I tried to do the concept justice, but I think any illustration would fall short.            

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks homos, haha, 5 days

Thanks homos, haha, 5 days and no feedback...teach me to release my work.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

I love it it!!!!!!!    Just not sure what to say about  it but I do love it!!!!!!!!!!!!   The art work that is.   I make post here; over 1800 by now : few  make a comment on it, it's a bit frustrating.   Can you do my face with a 30-something body builders' attached to it?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote: The

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
The auther Steve and I both thought it would be a great challenge to try and show what a being like this might look like, and I like challenges.  My process of thinking to achieve somewhat the look of this unusual gorgeousness was… . 

Maybe this will help...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Sorry, not an art critic, and not familiar with the referenced story. So even if there are things I like and/or dislike, I don't know how to word it.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nice Artwork

Nice Artwork.

I haven't heard of that particular book, but wouldn't mind picking it up.

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's Traveling In Space.

It's Traveling In Space. Steven Leiva, the author, had a sneak preview offering here earlier: http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/30194

(I still owe him a review... )

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

luca
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I understand they have

I understand they have abnormal muscles tissue, but I still believe the lady in the drawing should have her muscles a bit more defined, possibly bigger. If you are drawing Sheila remember she is a champion in the local sport.

Another thing is that in TiS the first image shows a relatively big breasted woman, but in the book only Tits gets her label as such, no alien has that name or a metamorphosis in that way. So I don't think Life's females are big breasted. I mean, in the book is said that they are beautiful, but you would think that someone like Mr. President would say something if such mammaries were present in industrial quantity.

In regard to their faces, drawing them on paper I feel it would be like taking a four dimensional object, projecting that in 3D, and then projecting that again in 2D. It would lose too much details. From what I understand of how beauty evolved, they are all about details. They say that Tits is like a child's drawing. I think... Hey, are not they also bigger than us? Apart from Angel Voice, I got this intuition, but I think I remember somewhere where it is said something about that. Anyway I get the feeling too that they have unusual traits, probably detailed as with some ornaments, but not quite like that. I am not able to focus the thought, not yet. The sensation, as I said, is just that the edges of the face (lips, eyes, cheeckbones...) have more 'details' that we are used to. Details does not mean strictly a variation in the border, it could be elements or colors.

In the end, really the author went to make things complicated for himself...

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think she actually

I think she actually exists!

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:I think she

redneF wrote:

I think she actually exists!

Wow. I need to travel to the planet that she came from.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno