Judge beats his daughter, WARNING! graphic video.

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
Judge beats his daughter, WARNING! graphic video.

Judge William Adams seen here beating his 16 year old daughter with cerebral paulsy for 7 minutes with a belt, over 5 million hits in a couple days.   Ironically he handed out strong verdicts on child abuse cases in the past.  The video is from 2004 where the girl had illegally downloaded some video games on Kazaa, both her father and mother whip her senseless with the belt.  She set up a camera to capture the kind of beatings her father the judge was giving here.  She just released the tape 7 years later a few days ago.  Personally I think it is obvious a man who acts like this should not be deemed rational or just enough to be a judge.   Anyone who got real beatdowns from daddy when they were younger will cringe watching this like I did, close my eyes and my hole body clenches everytime I hear that belt "SNAP!"  I'm only posting this because it just makes me so mad if I don't do something I think I'll punch the wall, and I think everyone should know who this man is that is what she wanted.  I hope cameras and social media will be a tool for children who are severly abused to use to get help and prove it is abuse and not discipline.  I would love nothing more than be alone in a room with this guy, see how he handles himself against someone his own size, I'd turn him into the little girl.

WARNING!  Graphic video, this sparks all kind of emotions in me it was tuff to watch, I can handle most videos but this kind of stuff with kids just gets to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl9y3SIPt7o&feature=player_embedded

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
What is even

What is even more surprising, is the number of assholes on the youtube comments that actually think this type of punishment was justified. Comments about, she got what she deserved and stuff ,were all over the place.

I think the judge and all of those people should have some belts taken to them for seven minutes and see if they feel the same way.

That judge is a piece of shit.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:What

harleysportster wrote:

What is even more surprising, is the number of assholes on the youtube comments that actually think this type of punishment was justified. Comments about, she got what she deserved and stuff ,were all over the place.

Ya, I didn't mention that because I was just waiting for someone here to say it, hoping people here couldn't have such an opigion but I am shocked how many people do.  I think the line between discipline and abuse can be grey sometimes but when your screaming and swearing at the kid, and lashing as hard as you can leaving bruises its no argument, that is fucking abuse.  For me this WWWAY past the line, kids learn nothing from this but anger and violence.  My dad was lucky he left when I was 12, because he coudn't stop what he was doing he would have surely kept on with his ways into my teen years, somewhere between 14-16 I probably would have sent him to the hospital maybe worse, I had dreams of cracking him with a frying pan.  It left me with a uneasy anxiety through my teens years.  Just the little things too, my dad use to always grab my neck in public really hard, control my path jerk me from right to left.  Years after he was gone even if a friend grabbed my neck from behind I'd snap like "hey WTF you doing..." and then the split second reaction would go away. 

I am 100% sure that the my father's abuse led me to be more violent, aggressive and defensive throughout my teens years and has gave me nothing but uneasy memories as an adult.

harleysportster wrote:

I think the judge and all of those people should have some belts taken to them for seven minutes and see if they feel the same way.

I really hope it is the concencus amung most rational folk that this type of behavior is clearly abuse, only harms and does no good, and that clearly this man and men like him (abusers of all kinds) are not fit to serve the public.  I find this behavior particularly not honorable.  Let's see how users here line up with the sesspool that is youtube.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
I saw this a few days ago,

I saw this a few days ago, Its not that bad. Probably is abuse by todays standards in most first world democracies but quiet normal in most parts of the world. Pretty much everyone I know got similar growing up. Doesn't make it right but its not that shocking. Though it did kind of go on for a long time, but most of that time is just dead air.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:I saw this a few

Tapey wrote:

I saw this a few days ago, Its not that bad. Probably is abuse by todays standards in most first world democracies but quiet normal in most parts of the world. Pretty much everyone I know got similar growing up. Doesn't make it right but its not that shocking. Though it did kind of go on for a long time, but most of that time is just dead air.

I never said it was shocking, it is just disturbing.  What is most disturbing is how common it is, and how common the opigion "eh, it's not that bad, lot's of people do it blah blah blah," is.  This is bullshit, it's people like you that keep kids who get beat all day and night quiet, beacuse their uncles and aunts and teachers all say "oh I'm sure it's not that bad, her's a ball go play."  That was 7 minutes, her whole life was like that, are you saying we shouldn't take action against parents we know are beating their children like this?  And who cares if many of us got abused like that, we should be better than our parents, what kind of argument is "lots of people abuse kids, therefore no big deal?" 

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Tapey wrote:

I never said it was shocking, it is just disturbing.  What is most disturbing is how common it is, and how common the opigion "eh, it's not that bad, lot's of people do it blah blah blah," is.  This is bullshit, it's people like you that keep kids who get beat all day and night quiet, beacuse their uncles and aunts and teachers all say "oh I'm sure it's not that bad, her's a ball go play."  That was 7 minutes, her whole life was like that, are you saying we shouldn't take action against parents we know are beating their children like this?  And who cares if many of us got abused like that, we should be better than our parents, what kind of argument is "lots of people abuse kids, therefore no big deal?" 

I have said it is probably a crime (child abuse). Logical implication there would be he should be punished.I probably should have made that clearer.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:I have said it

Tapey wrote:

I have said it is probably a crime (child abuse). Logical implication there would be he should be punished.I probably should have made that clearer.

That's good, for a second there I thought you were one of "them."

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:I saw this a few

Tapey wrote:

I got the shit beat out of me alot growing up.

All it did was make me hate bullies and people that tormented anyone or anything defenseless.

The only benefit that I can really say that I learned from it, was the fact that I would always fight the bullies in school.

But remember, this girl has cerebral palsy, which to me, makes this type of behavior on the part of that asshole judge (a judge that has a history of passing harsh sentences on abusers, I might add) all the worse.

I say the judge needs his ass kicked.

I have yet to encounter a bully that did not turn into a total coward when someone stood up to them.

But your right Tapey, alot of this type of behavior happened when I was growing up (I'm in my mid-thirties) and was probably way worse in my late father's day.

I am all for discipline being doled out to children (spoiled brats irritate me to no end) but this just seemed way overboard  on the part of this judge.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople

I'm sick to my stomach now.

Let me ask you...

If you had a 15 yr old who didn't know how good he had it in life, would you show him this video in a sort of scared straight sense?  

If I feel this sick over it, wonder how he'll feel.  But isn't that the point?

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Chuckle

my parents were miles worse than this. Make the child naked, halve the age and swap the belt for a cane... 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:my

Atheistextremist wrote:
my parents were miles worse than this. Make the child naked, halve the age and swap the belt for a cane... 

Well that explains the mask.

Seriously though...  Seriously?

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:What

harleysportster wrote:

No doubt in my mind about that last part, but regarding the comments on youtube; how easy is it to make remarks anonymously that you would never carry through with in real life? After about 14 plus years of using the internet, I would say it is pretty damned easy. I would also suggest that there are plenty of meager or small (usually teenaged or young adult) individuals who could threaten to do all kinds of horrific acts to make them sound tough over optic fibers, but when it comes to acting on such threats, they almost always come up short. Yes, you can never be absolutely sure when someone is aggressively determined to inflict harm on you or someone you know over the internet, but you can be sure that over 99% of such people do not actually have the foresight, calculating intelligence, discipline, or sheer witless bravado to carry out such an act. Indeed, this includes death threats.

"I'm going to fucking kill that <insert random person's name here> that pissed me off on the web <random timespan into the past>"

10 days, or 10 years later... nothing materializes from it in this somewhat real scenario I give as an example. So, if someone says something offensive or encourages harmful acts on the internet I would not take it to heart because they are almost always trying to leave an impression on you or someone else.

As for abusive crap parents do to their own offspring at times; this sort of thing has been happening for the 21st and better part of the 20th centuries. I'm inclined to agree with Tapey that it happens all over the globe even as I type this. Is it problem, yes, but it is not a recent development, nor is it something we have somehow culturally evolved past. That many youtubers find these types of abusive behaviors "disturbing", speaks to the fact that they have not gotten their hands dirty with learning about the actual history of childhood abuse during the 20th century. My only suggestion is that they bring a shovel should they ever be inclined to learn.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Apparently,  This pastor

Apparently,  This pastor misunderstood the meaning of the term "Bible Belt"

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient

Sapient wrote:

I'm sick to my stomach now.

Let me ask you...

If you had a 15 yr old who didn't know how good he had it in life, would you show him this video in a sort of scared straight sense?  

If I feel this sick over it, wonder how he'll feel.  But isn't that the point?

As a mild sidenote, I would suggest you not read or have a 15-year-old exposed to anything about Rose and Fred West, Gilles de Rais, Edmund Kemper's mom, black widows during the latter 19th or early 20th centuries, or anything found online about  childhood abuse experiences. It'll turn everyone's stomach inside out, and is probably best left in either the minds of historians or in a coroner's report.

/cringe

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:my

Atheistextremist wrote:

I can't say this surprises me (nothing does, unfortunately), but I am sorry to hear that nonetheless.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
More common than you think

Sapient wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Bear in mind I'm 44 so am older than you - my parents were bad but everyone else's had their moments in the 70s and early 80s - jug cords, belts, whips, canes - canes and straps at school. It was all pretty much par for the course for kids around my age. My parents just went a bit further than most. P'raps the worst thing was the fact there were 5 of us so you got to hear the others being 'processed' over the desk in Dad's study surrounded by the works of Simeon. 

From a sociological point of view it makes interesting viewing. There were things the older kids did do escape judgment day for some pathetic crime like eating a few biscuits. Pretty much anything it took, as it turned out. Then was the martyrdom to absolve general family guilt over unknown crimes like the stealing of ice cream. These 'thefts' took place inside the home, bear in mind.  Getting flogged before church in case we mucked up and flogged afterwards for mucking up was a joy. Mucking up generally involved a few nudges and giggles. 

Interestingly, mum was way worse than dad. She had a way of completely losing her temper while armed. Not a pretty sight. I didn't think too much of it beyond general resentment till my nieces and  nephews were 7 and 8 and I could see how vulnerable and ill-equipped they were to comprehend big moral questions like who ate Dad's barley sugar. None of my brothers and sisters have used force to discipline their children - they are all great kids. Christians, sadly, but good people nevertheless. This suggests to me that violence does not equal an obedient child - in my case it equals intense hostility to authority... 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
me too

me too.

With HarleySporster and AtheistExtremist. I was beat with a belt. it was hung on a hook in the kitchen as a constant reminder. I was told to pull my pants and underwear down. Spare the rod, you know. I was a good kid, but I recall feeling like I got hit every day. I now think it was quite close to the truth. My mother too was worse than my dad. She would punch me, hit me with whatever was in her hand and would throw things at me like one time a cast iron skillet. Fortunately it missed, but it splatter eggs against an elementary school picture of me and the stain was there for years. I would look at it and think back. There were holes in our wall from the shit she would throw at me and my dad. My dad would slap me out of the blue at times in jest (but it didn't feel that way), but I knew when it was coming from my mother. The rage in her face was quite intense. She was a very strong woman. She played softball and was as good as any boy. She used to beat up boys to protect her younger brother until she was 16 when she recognized they were getting stronger and she liked them as she relays. She had one mean punch. She had an older sister and 3 brothers. My mom was the best of the rotten bunch. The shit I saw from those other siblings brings tears to my eyes even now. But they say it is more traumatic to witness abuse than receive it. You really feel quite helpless.

In junior high school, the shop teacher had a broad board (something like a cricket bat) with a handle.  Written on it was "Peace Maker". He would line up those who misbehaved and give them at least one swift whack. I was in that line once. Damn that smarted.

I hated violence and shrunk from it. As a result I always had bullies shoving me and slamming me up against lockers, taking my lunch and money. But as Harley says the day I stood up they stood down. If I only had clarity on that when I was young I could have avoided so many hassles. In high school I finally I stood up to one bully who tormented me for years. He back down immediately. He tried me again later, but I stood up and it just tap me on the shoulder and said "I was just kidding".  Fuck. It was fortunate when I did stand up to him because a year or so later he took up karate.

I only struck my oldest daughter once on the leg. I couldn't have felt worse for having done that. I never did it again. I never struck my youngest daughter. In fact I learned sitting down with her and talking about what she had done wrong was complete torture for her. Better than any hitting would have accomplished. I think I am one of the few of my generation who believed in not hitting and some have mocked me. I know a number of my cousins believe the bible "spare the rod, spoil the child". But I have learned hurt people hurt people. 

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Sapient wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Bear in mind I'm 44 so am older than you - my parents were bad but everyone else's had their moments in the 70s and early 80s - jug cords, belts, whips, canes - canes and straps at school. It was all pretty much par for the course for kids around my age. My parents just went a bit further than most. P'raps the worst thing was the fact there were 5 of us so you got to hear the others being 'processed' over the desk in Dad's study surrounded by the works of Simeon. 

From a sociological point of view it makes interesting viewing. There were things the older kids did do escape judgment day for some pathetic crime like eating a few biscuits. Pretty much anything it took, as it turned out. Then was the martyrdom to absolve general family guilt over unknown crimes like the stealing of ice cream. These 'thefts' took place inside the home, bear in mind.  Getting flogged before church in case we mucked up and flogged afterwards for mucking up was a joy. Mucking up generally involved a few nudges and giggles. 

Interestingly, mum was way worse than dad. She had a way of completely losing her temper while armed. Not a pretty sight. I didn't think too much of it beyond general resentment till my nieces and  nephews were 7 and 8 and I could see how vulnerable and ill-equipped they were to comprehend big moral questions like who ate Dad's barley sugar. None of my brothers and sisters have used force to discipline their children - they are all great kids. Christians, sadly, but good people nevertheless. This suggests to me that violence does not equal an obedient child - in my case it equals intense hostility to authority...

Rather... intense, momentary overexposure to emotionalized authority tends to cause hostility to authority (speaking from my experience.) I can't speak for everyone here, but from what I have had described to me this is nearly universal in males and sometimes found in females as well. A few female atheists come to my mind...

It seems in Western (fundamentalist) Christian families, it is the mother or stepmother who asserts authority in the house and the father (if he is even present in the family) who maintains it. In my experience growing up in the south, this is nearly universal. It is not uncommon for dads to behave in a pacifistic manner, and for women to be rapacious and authoritorian in comparison, again in my experience.  Some dads inevitably differ in this regard, and it is the dad who behaves aggressively and selfishly while mom sits back in denial about what horrors are being visited on her kids, like with the teenager from Arkansas.

Luckily, I have grown up during a decade of stoned non-conformism and laidback recreation (the 80s) to the tune of Real Genius and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, so I have at least learned to give authoritorian individuals the big clue to fuck off, provided being nice to them isn't a requirement to a continued paycheck and paying the lease/rent/mortgage interest/etc.

Alas, what New Yorker Taylor Mali says about authority is also true; "Contrary to the wisdom of the bumpersticker, you should not only question authority but must also use it" (words to that effect, towards the end)