Tarra and Bella

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tarra and Bella

Theists really can't imagine how morals and compassion evolved 'naturally.

They really couldn't have been imagining too hard with all that religious indoctrination, could they?...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
That was

That was some really cool stuff, rednef.

Reminds me of why I sometimes love animals so much more than I do people.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Wow, great videos.  Great

Wow, great videos.  Great story with Tara and Bella.  Disney should offer to do the story in animation.  They can make it look mighty realistic these days.  They should even offer to donate half of the profits to animal preservation. 

Crow - Cat story was cute.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Wow, great

Sapient wrote:

Wow, great videos.  Great story with Tara and Bella.  Disney should offer to do the story in animation.  They can make it look mighty realistic these days.  They should even offer to donate half of the profits to animal preservation. 

Crow - Cat story was cute.

I think that animated Disney movies would be a great idea. I bet the kids would love it.  I am sure that a story of two animal friends would be a whole lot more uplifting to children than tales of Noah's Ark and all the other horrifying fables that sunday school uses to fill their minds full of fear.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Zeepheus
atheist
Zeepheus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sadly

A sad update to this story - Bella unfortunately was killed by most likely by a coyote attack. The interesting part of this story is that Bella was not found where she was killed Tara carried Bella's body some distance and laid her near the office so she would be found. No one knows exactly what happened but that is the speculation. They say Tara is now most certainly in mourning she is quiet and withdrawn and just not the same animal.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

You see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Zeepheus wrote:A sad update

Zeepheus wrote:

A sad update to this story - Bella unfortunately was killed by most likely by a coyote attack. The interesting part of this story is that Bella was not found where she was killed Tara carried Bella's body some distance and laid her near the office so she would be found. No one knows exactly what happened but that is the speculation. They say Tara is now most certainly in mourning she is quiet and withdrawn and just not the same animal.

Damn, I hate to hear about that.

― Giordano Bruno

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Zeepheus wrote:

Damn, I hate to hear about that.

I saw the story on CBS news,  Steve Heartmanns story.  Zeepheus forgot to mention the good part of the story,  the other elephants seem to understand Tara's loss and are clearly makeing an effort to comfort and FEED Tara, I find that part heart warming. Yet I still feel for Tara.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?