Is your God evil?

ScottWilliams324
atheist
ScottWilliams324's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is your God evil?

I submit to you the following evidence that the alleged "Christian" God, if he were to exist, is evil.

Exodus 11:4-5 wrote:
And Moses said, Thus saith the LORD, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt:

(11:5) And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the first born of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.

This "God" kills babies for their father's transgressions. Yeah, that seems to be working on the side of good.

Genesis 6:7 wrote:
And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

So... your God commits genocide on a global level when he's mad that people won't worship him? Sounds kind of evil to me. Maybe when Hitler committed genocide, he was just doing the work of your "Lord"?

Genesis 22:2 wrote:
Then God said, “Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.”

Okay, I know "God" supposedly ended up giving him a lamb to sacrifice instead of Isaac, but seriously... to even test someone like this is all sorts of effed up.

These are just a few things I could remember off of the top of my head that I looked up the supporting scriptures for. I'm sure if I took a little more time to research I could find more. Seriously though, what kind of "God" would pull crap like this and still think people would worship him? I didn't even get into the story of Job. That was all sorts of messed up too.

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
These are just a handful of

These are just a handful of bible verses depicting yahweh’s bat shit craziness, these are specifically suppose to be Yahweh himself speaking. Just a handful taken from a heaping pile, and there are many piles to choose from.

1 Samuel 15:2-3

2 Thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he ambushed him on the way when he came up from Egypt. 3 Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”

Hosea 9:11-16

11 The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird,
      for your children will not be born
   or grow in the womb
      or even be conceived.
 12 Even if you do have children who grow up,
      I will take them from you.
   It will be a terrible day when I turn away
      and leave you alone.
 13 I have watched Israel become as beautiful as Tyre.
      But now Israel will bring out her children for slaughter.”

14 O Lord, what should I request for your people?
      I will ask for wombs that don’t give birth
      and breasts that give no milk.

15 The Lord says, “All their wickedness began at Gilgal;
      there I began to hate them.
   I will drive them from my land
      because of their evil actions.
   I will love them no more
      because all their leaders are rebels.
 16 The people of Israel are struck down.
      Their roots are dried up,
      and they will bear no more fruit.
   And if they give birth,
      I will slaughter their beloved children.”

Ezekiel 9: 5-7

5 To the others He said in my hearing, “Go after him through the city and kill; do not let your eye spare, nor have any pity. 6 Utterly slay old and young men, maidens and little children and women; but do not come near anyone on whom is the mark; and begin at My sanctuary.” So they began with the elders who were before the temple. 7 Then He said to them, “Defile the temple, and fill the courts with the slain. Go out!” And they went out and killed in the city.

Leviticus 26:21-22

21 ‘Then, if you walk contrary to Me, and are not willing to obey Me, I will bring on you seven times more plagues, according to your sins.

22 I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, destroy your livestock, and make you few in number;
and your highways shall be desolate.

Ezekiel 35:7-9

New King James Version (NKJV)

7 Thus I will make Mount Seir most desolate, and cut off from it the one who leaves and the one who returns. 8 And I will fill its mountains with the slain; on your hills and in your valleys and in all your ravines those who are slain by the sword shall fall. 9 I will make you perpetually desolate, and your cities shall be uninhabited; then you shall know that I am the LORD. 

Every time I go back and dig in a little into the bible it never ceases to blow me away how fucking retarded and bat shit crazy this book and this Yahweh are. There are just no words to express how damb ridiculous it all is. I’m just speechless in complete awe of the stupidity of the whole thing.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
A god fabricated by man

would be just like this, to wit, the hundreds of other gods fabricated by man who are just like this. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:" The Lord kills and

Quote:
" The Lord kills and makes alive; He brings down to the grave and makes alive." 1 Samuel 2.6

Do as he says, not as he does.

Ya, that's a loving and just god...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris