Fucks News selling fear once again. "Christianity under attack".

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13768
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Fucks News selling fear once again. "Christianity under attack".

Fucks News takes another opportunity to pander to the right wing by painting people who want to protect the First Amendment as godless evil people.

A complaint was RIGHTFULLY filed by an atheist group to stop prayers before public school football games in Alabama.

What the Christian crybabies don't understand that this request is TO PROTECT the the government from becoming LONG TERM monopolized by one religion. This isn't a call to end Christianity via government force. This is a call to maintain government neutrality on the issue of religion.

There are lots of reasons to attack religion(gods as claims) but this is not the issue. The issue is strictly about government not favoring one religion over another.

No sane atheist I know is going to burn down your church or have you arrested for merely making claims we find absurd.

If this were a soccer game in Saudi Arabia at their high school, you would be FORCED to pray to Allah. The guise of "no one is forcing you to pray" is bullshit. You are still using the government to place all others at the back of the bus as second class and "separate but equal".

The fuckwad crybaby Christians have no fucking clue why the founders insisted on "NO RELIGIOUS TEST" . They have no clue about "Jeffersons Wall" and no clue why the entire congress and President John Adams signed the Barbary Treaty stating that OUR GOVERNMENT was NOT founded on the Christian religion.

These selfish morons do not understand that government neutrality keeps us free. It keeps us from becoming like the Middle East.

Fox should be ashamed of pissing on the very Constitution they use to sell their theocratic bullshit.

This country is founded on the principle "WE THE PEOPLE" not "WE THE MAJORITY", Not "WE THE CHRISTIANS" not "WE THE REPUBLICANS, not "WE THE ATHEISTS" . It is OUR GOVERNMENT, not yours, not mine, OURS.

If these idiots understood the founders intent, they would want to refrain from praying on the government dime. Leave it to Fucks News to dumb down society and pray on the credulous.

I am not going to let Fucks News or these Christian crybabies get away with this false victim bullshit.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/26/atheist-group-sues-over-prayers-at-high-school-football-games-that-include/?test=latestnews

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
If they are going to be fair

If they are going to TRULY be fair, there has to be an islamic prayer, A buddhist meditation to clear their minds, a wiccan libation to nature, a hindu prayer and a reading from the Jewish Torah to make sure that everyone has a fair shot at equality, before the game can begin.

Funny how each team is praying that their team will win. I guess god has to pick sides in football and can not be bothered with war, famine, disease, poverty and such trivial matters.

It's amazing how some of these extremists that are forever whining about the Pledge of Allegiance and "In god we trust" on currency have no idea the original pledge never mentions god and money did not have "in god we trust" until the McCarthy era. They should get their facts straight before they start whining about the evil Atheists that are persecuting them.

You would think that newsmedia would have more important things to talk about, rather than trying to turn this event into "WE'RE UNDER ATTACK ! THEY ARE COMING AFTER MY GOD !,".

 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13768
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
The single person most

The single person most responsible for their freedom of religion could not get elected today if he ran.

While Jefferson did not write the First Amendment, Madison modeled it off of Jefferson's Virginia Religious Freedom act. Ironically because of timing, Jefferson was overseas at the signing of the Constitution and his name is not one of the signers.

I'd say if these idiots insist on praying, Someone who wants to hold up Jefferson quotes on a picket sign should be allowed to hold it up while they do so.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God" Thomas Jefferson

If the school backs off, which it should, these fuckwads will falsely claim that Christianity is being oppressed.

NO, being given a choice to let it all in or keep it all out is not oppression. It would be only if they were not given a choice. All the atheists are saying, or really should say, is you cant have it both ways. You cant monopolize a venue. You let everyone do it, or you keep it neutral. They will back off because they don't want to share the venue.

AND these idiots also DON'T understand that us evil godless cootie spreaders HAVE to defend the Constitution PRECISELY because we are not in the majority. If the majority got what it wanted and there was no protection of the minority, atheists would be far worse off, much like non-Muslims are in Iran.

They hate the fact that we are protected by the same Constitution and stupidly think that it is theirs solely for them to interpret and use.

They hate the fact that we know our history  in many cases far better than they do. They hate the fact that we are citizens equal to them. They masturbate over the word freedom up until someone else stands up to them.

TOO FUCKING BAD.

They dont even understand that by doing what we are doing, we are protecting them from themselves as well. What if that football game was started with a Catholic prayer, or Mormon prayer?

The easy thing and the right thing is to go to your church on Sunday. Or pray at home before the game. Or collect yourselves at a church without school buses before the game. But once you get on that field that field and that school are there for everyone, not just Christians.

The school should be as neutral as the reffs on the field. It has no business acting as a billboard for Christianity, much less when it wont allow others the same venue.

The school is not a church, it is not a mosque it is not a synagogue. It is a school and as long as it gets public funding you either let it all in or you keep it neutral. Christianity is not entitled to a monopoly by proxy of majority.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


ex-minister
atheistHigh Level ModeratorSilver Member
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
I do it all for Him

"It's just something I do every time I get in the end zone,” said Ronnie Hastie, a Tumwater High School running back. “To honor my Lord because I play for him. I give him the glory because he's the one that gives me the strength."

Doesn't that mean he doesn't have to work out or practice?

 

He was penalized for drawing attention to himself, not His-self.

The new NFL irritation is how they kiss their two fingers and point up. God loves football players apparently, that and humble country singers. It is a game and nothing more. 

 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/01/high-school-player-flagged-touchdown-nod-god/

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote: "It's

ex-minister wrote:

"It's just something I do every time I get in the end zone,” said Ronnie Hastie, a Tumwater High School running back. “To honor my Lord because I play for him. I give him the glory because he's the one that gives me the strength."

Doesn't that mean he doesn't have to work out or practice?

 

He was penalized for drawing attention to himself, not His-self.

The new NFL irritation is how they kiss their two fingers and point up. God loves football players apparently, that and humble country singers. It is a game and nothing more. 

 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/01/high-school-player-flagged-touchdown-nod-god/

Or as the Infidel Guy would ask "So God helps you win. Isn't that cheating?"

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13768
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:ex-minister

jcgadfly wrote:

ex-minister wrote:

"It's just something I do every time I get in the end zone,” said Ronnie Hastie, a Tumwater High School running back. “To honor my Lord because I play for him. I give him the glory because he's the one that gives me the strength."

Doesn't that mean he doesn't have to work out or practice?

 

He was penalized for drawing attention to himself, not His-self.

The new NFL irritation is how they kiss their two fingers and point up. God loves football players apparently, that and humble country singers. It is a game and nothing more. 

 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/01/high-school-player-flagged-touchdown-nod-god/

Or as the Infidel Guy would ask "So God helps you win. Isn't that cheating?"

Good point. What's the sense in calling it a game if it is rigged?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


ex-minister
atheistHigh Level ModeratorSilver Member
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
love it

Quote:

"So God helps you win. Isn't that cheating?"

 "What's the sense in calling it a game if it is rigged?"

Congress should look into this like they did steroids. They would if they really believed in it.

 

 

 

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Fucks News

Brian37 wrote:

Fucks News takes another opportunity to pander to the right wing by painting people who want to protect the First Amendment as godless evil people.

A complaint was RIGHTFULLY filed by an atheist group to stop prayers before public school football games in Alabama.

What the Christian crybabies don't understand that this request is TO PROTECT the the government from becoming LONG TERM monopolized by one religion. This isn't a call to end Christianity via government force. This is a call to maintain government neutrality on the issue of religion.

My understanding is that many Christians have adopted a martyrdom complex, and it is no less true than here in my state. They want to believe they are the victim of someone coming to take their beliefs away, else how could someone explain Christianity's declining influence in the lives of so many people?

"Fucks News", and every cable news channel like them, know their targeted audience.

Quote:
The guise of "no one is forcing you to pray" is bullshit. You are still using the government to place all others at the back of the bus as second class and "separate but equal".

Sorry Brian37, my limited sliver of anecdotal experience with Alabama's education disagrees with this. It was pretty damn secular and, I think, our public schools are more secular than people often assume. I don't see the problem, at present, other than the fact that public education is failing in general.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote: My

Kapkao wrote:

 

My understanding is that many Christians have adopted a martyrdom complex, and it is no less true than here in my state. They want to believe they are the victim of someone coming to take their beliefs away, else how could someone explain Christianity's declining influence in the lives of so many people?

True enough. But, it is real easy to explain why christianity is having such a declining influence. Just ask any preacher :

"IT IS BECAUSE WE ARE LIVING IN THE LAST DAYS ! GAWD HAS SEEN THE WICKEDNESS IN THIS-UH WORLD ! SATAN HAS BEEN UNLEASHED ! THE SIGNS ARE ALL THERE ! HOMOSEXUALS ! COMMUNISTS ! SECULAR HUMANISTS ! ATHEISTS ! ABORTIONISTS ! ALL SERVANTS OF SATAN ! GAWD CAN'T EVEN RIG A FOOTBALL GAME ANY LONGER ! YES BROTHERS AND SISTERS, YES, THIS WHOLE WORLD HAS BEEN TURNED OVER TO THE EVIL ONE ! IN A LAKE OF FIRE THESE PEOPLE SHALL BURN FOREVER AND EVER FOR THE BIBLE SAYS :

Hmm, these people aren't good salesmen. I'd take the lake of fire just to get away from them.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 693
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
Faux News is actually "White

Faux News is actually "White Trash ChristNUT News".

Nothing to see from these loonies so ingore their insanity!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4634
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 Were the prayers led by a

 Were the prayers led by a member of school faculty? Because if they were led/organized by students and the school simply made the speaker system available (and was equally willing to provide the speaker system to students who wanted it to say other things) then it is constitutional. I couldn't tell from the news story. Honestly, I think some atheists make way too big a deal of these types of things. You don't have the right to be protected from being uncomfortable or from being offended. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Were

Beyond Saving wrote:

 Were the prayers led by a member of school faculty? Because if they were led/organized by students and the school simply made the speaker system available (and was equally willing to provide the speaker system to students who wanted it to say other things) then it is constitutional. I couldn't tell from the news story. Honestly, I think some atheists make way too big a deal of these types of things. You don't have the right to be protected from being uncomfortable or from being offended. 

Nope, you absolutely don't have such a legal right. The same thing is also true about protecting nonsecular folk from mockery for having what is known as a Martyrdom Complex. Fox News (and every other cable news channel in existence) exemplifies such a mental complex, and indulge in it at every turn. This is because it increases Nielsen's ratings.

 

Victim mentality, victim reality. Nothing to see here, move along.

 

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13768
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Were

Beyond Saving wrote:

 Were the prayers led by a member of school faculty? Because if they were led/organized by students and the school simply made the speaker system available (and was equally willing to provide the speaker system to students who wanted it to say other things) then it is constitutional. I couldn't tell from the news story. Honestly, I think some atheists make way too big a deal of these types of things. You don't have the right to be protected from being uncomfortable or from being offended. 

I don't care if it was lead by the students. I don't think there would be a suit if they were allowing others the same venue. They wouldn't bring this suit if it didn't have merit.

And even in the context of "student lead" there was a story and video a couple years back of a "student lead"prayer before a girl's basket ball game. One atheist girl refused to pray with the rest of the team(the video shows her standing outside the prayer circle), got kicked out of school and harassed by other parents and students and even teachers.

So even in the context of "student lead" it doesn't mean the masses will let any upity minority do the same thing.

There is only one way something on this topic is Constitutional. You either let it all in, or agree to leave it at the door. Most of the time Christians in communities like this don't want to share, not even the students, so when sued they choose "leave it at the door" and then cry like babies that the upity minority ruined everything when they could have chosen " let it all in".

So when they claim "They're trying to stop prayers before football games" Yes, they are, in the context that the venue is being monopolized, and as long as it is monopolized, that monopoly should be stopped,

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37