The shuttle Enterprise is going to be placed next door to a strip club

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
The shuttle Enterprise is going to be placed next door to a strip club

Indeed.  It will not fit on the deck of the Intrepid so they have to clear part of the pier.  They are leaving the strip club though.

I don't know how much green body paint costs but strippers will do anything for an extra hundred bucks.  If the owner will do it, he has just hit a major revenue increase.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 You know, I would pay good

You know, I would pay good money to go to a strip club with a Star Trek theme, that sounds like it could be one hell of a good time.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Beyond, you may not have a couple of details. It is your usual seedy joint on the Manhatten docks. However, it is on the same pier as a WW2 aircraft carrier that is permanently docked as an air and space museum. No Star Trek theme here.

Still, the Enterprise is about to get parked in front of a strip club. If you owned that club, would hundreds of gallons of green body paint suddenly sound like a much better idea than it did last week?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 From "where no man has

From "where no man has gone before" to "where men come all the time"? Intriguing...

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving wrote: You

Beyond Saving wrote:

You know, I would pay good money to go to a strip club with a Star Trek theme, that sounds like it could be one hell of a good time.

Strip clubs in a free market? NOOOOOOOOOOO, I am a commie pinko, we cant have people doing things they like.

Well, one thing is for sure, now when you go to that strip club, the strippers can beam you up.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have a better parking spot

I have a better parking spot in mind.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/image/vulcan_bc

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Russians parked their

The Russians parked their attempt to copy NASA's shuttle in a public park on the banks of the Moscow River - I saw it across the river, from a tour bus back in 2003.

It was apparently a theme park:

http://www.spacedaily.com/news/buran-00a.html 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline

OK, the theme park is creative. Even so, the fleet is being sent to the largest air and space museums. I would tend to assume that one must go to the Smithsonian. I don't know if it will end up in the main building though. While they are only as large as a decent sized truck, bringing it through downtown traffic may be an issue. More likely, it will go to the annex at Reagan National airport.

I doubt that Huntsville will get one because the have had the one that would not test out as space worthy for decades. The others will go other places.

However, if they had sent us one of the others, there would not be the same probative value here. Endeavor, while also seen on screen as a Constitution class vessel does not get us to Orion slave girls. Also, if it would have happened already, The Intrepid was also seen on screen as Constution class, albeit crewed by Vulcans and with possibly disabled weapons.

Park the Enterprise there and I suspect that Orion slave girls are suddenly more probable. Rich Woods and I are going to have to finally get together for that beer we have discussed a time or several.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

OK, the theme park is creative. Even so, the fleet is being sent to the largest air and space museums. I would tend to assume that one must go to the Smithsonian. I don't know if it will end up in the main building though. While they are only as large as a decent sized truck, bringing it through downtown traffic may be an issue. More likely, it will go to the annex at Reagan National airport.

I doubt that Huntsville will get one because the have had the one that would not test out as space worthy for decades. The others will go other places.

However, if they had sent us one of the others, there would not be the same probative value here. Endeavor, while also seen on screen as a Constitution class vessel does not get us to Orion slave girls. Also, if it would have happened already, The Intrepid was also seen on screen as Constution class, albeit crewed by Vulcans and with possibly disabled weapons.

Park the Enterprise there and I suspect that Orion slave girls are suddenly more probable. Rich Woods and I are going to have to finally get together for that beer we have discussed a time or several.

NASA announced the new homes for the shuttles back in April. There have been unhappy cities that did not get one. Houston and Huntsville for example.

They are going to:

Atlantis - Cape Canaveral at the KSC visitors center.

Discovery - Smithsonian Air and Space Museum for its hangar in Dulles, Va.

Endeavour -  California Science Center in Los Angeles

Enterprise - relocated to Intrepid Sea Air and Space Museum in NYC

See - Orlando Sentinel article - http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/space/os-space-shuttle-retirement-decision-20110825,0,4379495.story

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.