Response to Rick Perry Campaign Tour "Overwhelming."

Kavis
atheist
Kavis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Response to Rick Perry Campaign Tour "Overwhelming."

Eastaboga, AL

Rick Perry kicked off his Apathy Across America tour in Eastaboga, Alabama today, declaring himself to be the "presidential candidate for every American who hates the government."  A crowd of literally tens of people packed into the high school football stadium to hear the candidate speak.

He went on to say, "It's time to get America working again.  Politics are just a distraction from the troubles of the average hard-working, red-blooded Americans trying to make ends meet in spite of a fascist government that wants to give them health care and let them marry whoever they want."

The candidate seemed to pay little attention to the protestors who made up most of the attendees.  One of the protestors, who declined to be identified, said, "Politics are important.  We have a say in who runs our country, and in how our country is run. Vote now!"

When reached for comment, event organizer Carol Sifell said, "Oh, that's today?  I guess I might swing by after I pick up the kids.  It's at the stadium, right?"

The Rick Perry Alabama campaign office declared the event a success, saying that the candidate clearly had the support of the hundreds of millions of Americans who didn't turn out for the rally.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Kavis I needed a good laugh.   The more these Republican candidates speak the more Americans realize  what a bunch of uninformed clowns are  riding the elephant.  Apathy is the best medicine.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

It is fortunate for the Republicans that "anyone but Obama" is polling so well as they do not appear to be able to find a candidate worth running. If it continues like this it really might be a Ron Paul moment.

Perhaps the reason is rather simpler. The winner buys the recession.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gawd I hope so!Did you write

Gawd I hope so!

Did you write that, Kavis? That's hilarious! I hope they're apathetic about all their whacked out candidates (i.e. all of them).

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Kavis
atheist
Kavis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yus. A random comment about

Yus. A random comment about a British politician years ago going around "stirring up apathy" put the idea in my head.

Religion is a virus.
Fight the infection.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:It is

This comment has been moved here.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Kavis
atheist
Kavis's picture
User is offlineOffline
I, for one, am glad for

This comment has been moved here.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
How the fuck did this turn

How the fuck did this turn into an Israel vs Palestine debate? Guys... I want my five minutes back.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
This time, Brian37 started

This time, Brian37 started it and nony took the bait.

Seriously guys, if it happens again, I am just going to move everything the the big thread.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:
This time, Brian37 started it and nony took the bait.

Seriously guys, if it happens again, I am just going to move everything the the big thread.

Sounds good to me.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml