A Questionare for Fundamentalists
Whenever I've posted something about indoctrination techniques used on children that is standard operating procedure in most Evangelical, Baptist, Methodist, Pentacostal,etc, churches, inevitably some Christians are quick to jump to their feet and shout, "Oh no, that's not us! You're generalizing." Yet no one refutes it when I post examples of what I'm talking about. This isn't aimed at one person or group, but a varity of groups that can safely be classified as "Fundamentalist". We have covered the definition and posted sources on numerous threads in the past, so there should be no doubt as to the definition of the word. Here are the questions.
1) At what age do you teach the doctrine of Hell and what exactly do you teach them at what age? For instance if you teach them the minimum, that Hell is "an awful place where unsaved souls go. A place of eternal separation from God and your Christian family." At what age do you teach this?
2) At what age are children allowed into the sanctuary during services? I atteneded primarily Baptist and Pentacostal churches in the US southest from birth (1960) to as late as 2005. Many of them can't wait to get them "under the sound of the Gospel" right out of the nursery. Some have them attend children's church until age 7 or 9. What does your church do?
3) Does your church give an Invitation toward the end of the service? Does your church do Revivals? At what age are children exposed to these?
4) How old do you feel a child needs to be to learn about the following doctrines (assuming you teach these, some of these vary depending on denomination)?
c) The Tribulation?
d)The Second Coming and Armageddon?
e)) The Great White Throne Judgement and The Judgement Seat of Christ?
f) Final States for the Redeemed and the Damned?
5)How old should a child be to learn the definition of Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit how does your church define it?
6) How old should a child be in order to be exposed to salvation pressure? How often do you hear pastors say during invitation, "What guarantee do you have that you will be alive 5 minutes from now? Don't leave before making sure."
7) What do you teach them about creation and Noah's Ark? What do you tell them when they learn that their friends not of the family faith are taught something completely different in public schools?
8 ) what do teach them about other relgions? How much exposure do you allow them to friends of other faiths and non faiths? At what age do you allow this?
9) What do you teach them about homosexuality? What do you tell them about gay family members and friends?
10) What teaching methods do you use? If you use particular films, AV media or other popular methods please give examples such as film titles, game titles, programs, etc. What songs do you play to young children and encourage them to sing?
Like I said, I'm not singling anyone or any particular faith out here, just asking questions. I once got into a debate with a woman in Texas on another site who accused Ricahrd Dawkins of" indoctrinating children to the atheist religion" by offering learning camps for critical thinking. No comparison. I posted the differences, she couldn't refute me. She resigned from the site, pulling her profile within a few days.
"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."