Bama for President?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bama for President?

I know there are plenty of people on here who voted for Bama last time around. I consider most of you on here to be fairly intelligent and more informed than your average voter so I have a few questions. I don't intend to get in a debate here, just looking for some honest opinions because I am curious.

First, are you satisfied with Obama's job so far? What areas do you think he has done well in? What areas do you find lacking? Why?

Are you inclined to support Obama in the next election?

Would you seriously consider voting 3rd party?

If Obama faced a legitimate primary contender would you be more favorable towards him or the challenger assuming they had similar stands on the major issues?

Are there any particular democrats you would like to see challenge him?

Do you think Obama could do more to repair the economy? How much blame does he hold for our current economic conditions?

Do you support Obama's foreign policy? Why or why not?

Has Obama been an effective leader of the democrat party? What if anything would you like to see him do differently?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 Now we know why you're

Now we know why you're interested in keeping Palestinians in the Third World.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

jcgadfly wrote:

I get the impression you directed that at me. Care to elaborate?

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:jcgadfly

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

You wan them to keep fighting instead of developing - I thought you were against Israel but you keep helping them.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

jcgadfly wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
jcgadfly wrote:

You wan them to keep fighting instead of developing - I thought you were against Israel but you keep helping them.

I want to end jewish oppression of the Palestinians which, in the West Bank alone, was recently and credibly estimated to be equal to 86% of the present GDP. End the criminal occupation and it grows by that much with no changes at all.

There are no estimates for Gaza but given the 50% unemployment is due to Israel the numbers should be several hundred percent improvement should the jewish tyranny cease.

There is no fighting. Why does the tyranny continue? Why do Jews want to continue to cause them to suffer oppression and tryanny?

Is it a jewish thing?

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Well Nony, I don't want to sidetrack this thread as well. Keep that in mind.

Still, I think it is not very accurate to say that there is no fighting. Rather, what I see in the news indicates that it is asymmetrical fighting. The Palestinians engage in a specific variant of guerrilla tactics and the Israelis respond with actual military action.

This shit has been dragging on for decades. It just keeps going back and forth and no real progress has happened. Israel originally backed Hamas because they thought that they would be easier to deal with than the PLO. That worked out about as we as our supplying Bin Laden to resist the Soviet invasion.

We need a real solution and nothing that has been tried has ever worked (or even been implemented past the half assed stage). If it were not illegal, I would send in mercenaries and let them sort matters out. Israel agrees to stand well back from the actual borders (not the ones delineated by some stupid agreement but where the majority of the aggression is coming from) and they only get to move in if the Hamas forces can get past XE systems (formerly known as Black Water security).

Now, we need to keep this thread on topic. Nony, if you have any thoughts, please send me a PM and we can discuss the question that way.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Assuming this thread is

Assuming this thread is still somewhat on its original topic, here goes...

Beyond Saving wrote:

I know there are plenty of people on here who voted for Bama last time around. I consider most of you on here to be fairly intelligent and more informed than your average voter so I have a few questions. I don't intend to get in a debate here, just looking for some honest opinions because I am curious.

First, are you satisfied with Obama's job so far? What areas do you think he has done well in? What areas do you find lacking? Why?

No. Strengthening his opposition and supporting every leftist agenda until he realized it was no way to win friends with benefits. What areas I find lacking? Ha. Well... everything except giving Boehner the opportunity to disband welfare. Boehner fumbled that opportunity. People promptly went nuts over their government entitlements. As it turns out, "bipartisanship" has its own not-so-well-concealed motivations; he wants to get re-elected, despite being another handsome, lying novice in office. Why do I think this? Because our Federal Government fucks up everything it gets its hands on, save for military and espionage. Then it succeeds. So it's a safe bet that whoever arrives next in the office will repeat the mistakes of our past three presidents: Obama, Bush Jr, and "Bubba". 

Quote:
Are you inclined to support Obama in the next election?

Counter-question: What difference could it possibly make? (rhetorical)

Quote:
Would you seriously consider voting 3rd party?

Not seriously; I will vote 3rd party. Constitutional, in fact.

Quote:
If Obama faced a legitimate primary contender would you be more favorable towards him or the challenger assuming they had similar stands on the major issues?

Which stands? The modern liberal stands? Or the more centrist, bipartisan stands he took when he realized liberalism jeopardized his chances at reelection?

In either case, neither.

Quote:
Are there any particular democrats you would like to see challenge him?

Kucinich. Dennis "The Elf" Kucinich appears to believe in what he fights for in congress, even if I do not necessarily agree with much of his aims.

Quote:
Do you think Obama could do more to repair the economy? How much blame does he hold for our current economic conditions?

No, he has fucked it up enough already. Bush fucked it up even more than he. The best he could do is post an apology saying "I'm sorry, we Keynesians really don't know that much about economics" to whitehouse.gov.

Quote:
Do you support Obama's foreign policy? Why or why not?

You're kidding, right? (rhetorical) No.  His foreign policy, at one time, amounted to kissing everyone's ass. Now he tries to kick ass. We have enough money-sucking wars already, thank you. I know! Let's declare ware against India, Pakistan, and Iran. We'll be nationally bankrupt within weeks, to say anything about nukes.

Quote:
Has Obama been an effective leader of the democrat party? What if anything would you like to see him do differently?

No. What would I like him to do differently, besides become suicidal or prone to self-harm?  Let's see here... kindly step down from office? Not seek re-election like LBJ did? No... that would be cheating in response to your question. [sigh] [/sigh] I GOT IT! Run on something other than soundbite speeches and hollow policy. It would... at least be a step in the right direction!

It'll never happen, though. [ugh]

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Well Nony, I don't want to sidetrack this thread as well. Keep that in mind.

Still, I think it is not very accurate to say that there is no fighting. Rather, what I see in the news indicates that it is asymmetrical fighting. The Palestinians engage in a specific variant of guerrilla tactics and the Israelis respond with actual military action.

This shit has been dragging on for decades. It just keeps going back and forth and no real progress has happened. Israel originally backed Hamas because they thought that they would be easier to deal with than the PLO. That worked out about as we as our supplying Bin Laden to resist the Soviet invasion.

We need a real solution and nothing that has been tried has ever worked (or even been implemented past the half assed stage). If it were not illegal, I would send in mercenaries and let them sort matters out. Israel agrees to stand well back from the actual borders (not the ones delineated by some stupid agreement but where the majority of the aggression is coming from) and they only get to move in if the Hamas forces can get past XE systems (formerly known as Black Water security).

Now, we need to keep this thread on topic. Nony, if you have any thoughts, please send me a PM and we can discuss the question that way.

Something completely different is in the works, membership in the UN or at a minimum observer state status. That brings in the new factors of International Court of Justice and Internatinal Criminal Court jurisdiction. I have outlined a dozen other consequences of just observer state status such as Interpol arrest warrants and seizure of assets for delinquent taxes.

As to a PM, I have no solution. This is a political forum. If one does not expect political issues to be discussed there is no reason to have a poliical forum. I have been at this for decades. Back before the Soviet Union collapsed the Cold War almost always found its way into a discussion eventually. This is similar. The difference being back in the Cold War days the few defenders of the SU were very easily exposed and retreated when confronted.

Is Israel a legitimate consideration in political matters? Israel has been raised in all the debates of the Republican candidates. That makes it a legitimate political issue. My experience with online political debate goes back to 1980, EIGHTY, not a typo on a BBS called Religion and Politics in a suburb of Washington DC. Between presidential elections discussions of politics were of philosophy and approach. The closer to the election the more partisan. On usenet non-americans disappear for the months or so before an election as it becomes nothing but wall to wall US partisan. Over the years the number of months before as increased in proportion to when the campaigns start.

Like it or not Israel is a campaign issue. Like it or not we are in the campaign cycle. If the discussion of US politics is legitimate at this time then so is Israel as it is part of the political debate. It has been raised as a political issue by the candidates. It has been used by the candidates against Obama. By factors beyond our control Israel has become a partisan political issue and has been for at least six months. That pre-dates the political discussions here.

For years I have read that AIPAC's greatest fear is having Israel as a political issue as the "broad" political support for Israel is a shallow as a single negative report on the evening news. Of course one expects a lobby of PMs against public discussion of a legitimate political issue in this election cycle.

The election is only 13 months away. The best suggestion I can make it so live with it. It will die out afterwards. That is the way it has always happened in all the forums in my experience.

www.ussliberty.org

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:You're kidding, right?

Quote:
You're kidding, right? (rhetorical) No.  His foreign policy, at one time, amounted to kissing everyone's ass

BULLSHIT,

So I must have been imagining Rice in the video shaking hands with DAFFY?

There is a difference between "Talking softly and carrying a big stick" Obama. And the phony  Hollywood John Wane/Dirty Harry crap Bush pulled.

Obama took down Osama. He took down Alawky and Gadaffi. And he in doing all that didn't start full scale wars.

DAMNED right he should apologize for what Bush did. Bush was a fuck up and Obama is still trying to clean up his mess.

If I go to a Thanksgiving dinner and my sister lights a fart with her lighter, damned right I am going to apologize.

Bush has been the worst fucking president in our History. I would vote for his Dad every day of the week and twice on Sunday before I'd give his son one fucking lick of credibility.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
You're kidding, right? (rhetorical) No.  His foreign policy, at one time, amounted to kissing everyone's ass

BULLSHIT,

So I must have been imagining Rice in the video shaking hands with DAFFY?

It is right up there with the film of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam Hussein.

www.ussliberty.org