Skype Debate Show

Marty Hamrick
atheist
Marty Hamrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Skype Debate Show

I am in the process of attempting to put together a debate show via skype between two scholars, one Christian, the other, an atheist/agnostic from the Jesus mythicist side. I have one guy from the CARM site, Metacrock, who's always itching to debate someone and posting how educaed he is on a PHD level and I would like if possible to pit him against someone with a fairly high profile such as Acharya S or perhaps Brian Flemming. I've attempted to contact Acharya through facebook, yet at this time her friends list is too full, so I posted on her discussion area on her page. I'm open to suggestions. This is my first time attempting something like this, so I'm looking for all the suggestions I can get.

kimsland
atheist
kimsland's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well this may sound a bit

Well this may sound a bit sarcastic.

But instead of using Skype, why not just invite them here to post on the forum? Then they can get a whole range of respectful intelligent answers.

If you really want to go 'voice' instead of text. Just be aware that some long conversations tend to get lost in the original point, plus its difficult to take a breather (or coffee) at times.

Yes the forum is the best place for this.

That's my suggestion.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Actually, metacrock has posted here in the past. The fact is that he does not do very well because he is just not a person who understands logic.

@Marty: I took the liberty of linking Brian to this thread. I have no idea if he is interested but if so, you should hear from him in a day or so.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
You might try contacting

You might try contacting Neil Godfrey (http://vridar.wordpress.com/). He's a very sensible mythicist supporter who may be open to such

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Marty Hamrick
atheist
Marty Hamrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
kimsland wrote:Well this may

kimsland wrote:

Well this may sound a bit sarcastic.

But instead of using Skype, why not just invite them here to post on the forum? Then they can get a whole range of respectful intelligent answers.

If you really want to go 'voice' instead of text. Just be aware that some long conversations tend to get lost in the original point, plus its difficult to take a breather (or coffee) at times.

Yes the forum is the best place for this.

That's my suggestion.

Thanks, Kim. I'm aware of the possible problems with long windedness, I'm working on a debate format to limit that. I'm using a video format to help jump start a small production company. I will be expanding the show to other topics, re: religion, UFO's, paranormal subjects,etc.

"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."

Marty Hamrick
atheist
Marty Hamrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Actually, metacrock has posted here in the past. The fact is that he does not do very well because he is just not a person who understands logic.

@Marty: I took the liberty of linking Brian to this thread. I have no idea if he is interested but if so, you should hear from him in a day or so.

Thanks, Answers. I'm aware of MC's worldview and his rather opinionated stance. I'm interested to see how well he does on a video/audio based format as opposed to an internet forum. His writing skills are somewhat lacking, I suspect dyslexia? He does, however offer a somewhat colourful personality and he's not a YEC nutbar fundy, yet at the same time, I wouldn't call him a liberal either and that's what I'm looking for.

"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."