Another example of how religion is just like state dogmatism. Big Brother anyone?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Another example of how religion is just like state dogmatism. Big Brother anyone?

Fortunately this McCarthy dick sucker backed off after being called on it. And of course this ass hat equates atheists to sex offenders.

Just like the Orwellian god he believes in.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2011/08/atheist_national_registry_prop.php

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Go for it. And once the

Go for it. And once the registry is complete, everyone who isn't on it must immediately check in to the nearest psych ward for evaluation before beginning grade school all over again starting at kindergarten.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Same ongoing story, this is

Same ongoing story, this is probably a different paper. BUT, take notice of one of the atheist submissions as far as their "e-mail" submission.

I just about fell out of my chair laughing my ass off.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2011/09/atheist_national_registry_pastor_mike_stahl_sharing_emails.php

Since this is a local paper, not sure how long this atheist's post will stay up. If no one sees what he posted please say so here and I will tell you. I simply don't want to spoil his response.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
All I can say ... OMFG!Just

All I can say ...

OMFG!

Just when you think you've heard the most ignorant offensive comment from these characters, they top it...

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:All I can

BobSpence1 wrote:

All I can say ...

OMFG!

Just when you think you've heard the most ignorant offensive comment from these characters, they top it...

Without spoiling it for others, cause I want them to go to the link, DID YOU read the e-mail the one atheist submitted?

That has to be the best response posted there, and all it was was an e-mail.

I just about died choking laughing.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, and I browsed through

Yeah, and I browsed through the comments.

On guy said he was a Catholic, and was offended by this list:

Quote:

I am a Catholic and frankly I find this list offensive. Whenever we categorize folks, or  label them, we are ignoring their humanity. I do not care what the man next to me believes; that's his business. Neither can or should I impose what I believe on him. Conversely, since I am not harrassing, ostracizing or ridiculing one's non belief, I expect in return not to be subjected to the same. We have one go round in life- why willfully impose subjection and pain on another?

That was so stupid/ignorant.

About the bit I underlined - that is precisely what the Catholic Church did for centuries..

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:Yeah, and I

BobSpence1 wrote:

Yeah, and I browsed through the comments.

On guy said he was a Catholic, and was offended by this list:

Quote:

I am a Catholic and frankly I find this list offensive. Whenever we categorize folks, or  label them, we are ignoring their humanity. I do not care what the man next to me believes; that's his business. Neither can or should I impose what I believe on him. Conversely, since I am not harrassing, ostracizing or ridiculing one's non belief, I expect in return not to be subjected to the same. We have one go round in life- why willfully impose subjection and pain on another?

That was so stupid/ignorant.

About the bit I underlined - that is precisely what the Catholic Church did for centuries..

While I agree with this Catholic that this guy is ignorant, and is rightfully condemning his bigotry, he has that same stupid attitude many people, including some atheists that the solution to blasphemy is to expect blind respect by setting up taboos.

The difference between this Catholic and I is that I don't give a shit that he spews his garbage. As long as my government doesn't prevent me from calling him an asshole, I don't give one shit what this guy says about me.

No, not even to my well intended Caltholic friend here, will I not make comments about his god merely because it might make him uncomfortable.

Claims do not deserve respect merely because I value someone's right to make any claim on any subject they want. We cannot be a society that silences others because we might not like what they have to say.

If this asshole wants to equate me to sex offenders, under our Constitution, he has every legal right. But that does not mean he or anyone, including me, has the right to be free from being offended.

I do not need a Catholic or even another atheist demanding taboos for me to placate my emotions. If you say something stupid, I am going to call you out on it.

This Catholic's good intent of "getting along" is the same bad tactic atheists have when they say "don't pick on people".

You cannot legislate whom people like or hate. What all of us as humans can agree on is that no matter what is said, we should always leave it at words, no matter how offended any of us may be.

I have to value this idiot's constitutional right to equate me to sex offenders if I value my right to tell him he believes in a fictional sky daddy.

I do not want anyone telling me whom I can or cannot offend. When society starts playing that game it can only backfire on all of society in the long term and put government in as the thought police.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think I'll spoil it now,

I think I'll spoil it now, since the responses have gotten so huge, there people might have a hard time finding it.  Do not know where it was posted, but one atheist put the fake e-mail "blowme@fuck-off. com". Not sure if it was pulled for content, but sure was funny as hell. Damned near choked to death falling off my chair laughing.

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
National Registry for Atheists

Brian37 another "controversy"

Christian Post wrote:
Pastor Michael Stahl posted an article on his blog a year ago in which he stated that he was considering starting a grassroots effort to create “The Christian National Registry of Atheists.” A year later, the backlash to his statements has just begun.

Though his blog is currently inaccessible, except by invite only, Mediaite.com posted a passage from the entry that's just now stirring up controversy.

“Brothers and Sisters , I have been seriously considering forming a (Christian ) grassroots type of organization to be named 'The Christian National Registry of Atheists' or something similar,” Stahl wrote. “I mean , think about it . There are already National Registrys for convicted sex offenders , ex-convicts , terrorist cells , hate groups like the KKK , skinheads , radical Islamists , etc..”

He then goes on to say that the registry would be for informational purposes only, that it would give believers a chance to identify who they should witness to, and it would allow Christians to avoid businesses owned by atheists because, by supporting them, “we would only be 'feeding' Satan.”

David Silverman, president of American Atheists, shared his thoughts on the registry in an email to The Christian Post on Thursday.

“This is another perfect example of a preacher using religion to try to get money and attention by spreading hate in the name of religion,” he wrote.

“Most atheists are well aware that most Christians would not support placing atheists, Jews, or anyone else on some kind of public list as if they were criminals, just because they think differently. They know bigotry and hate when they see it, and they probably don't like it when bigotry and hate are masked in Christianity. It's quite pathetic, and it should not be tolerated by the Christian Community.”

Todd Pitner, the founder of the Christian website IloveAtheists.com, also responded with disapproval.

“Don't shoot at atheists, the predestined ones are on our side!” he wrote in an email.

Pitner says he's been on both sides of this issue before. He was a self-described “irrational atheist” for 42 years of his life, but says that he is now a “rational theist” and “a product of Divine mediation” thanks to the grace of God.

“We're saved on God's timeline, not our own,” he commented. The idea of an atheist registry is “just plain ignorant.”

Stahl's “Living Water Church” does not consist of a physical gathering of people, but is instead the name of another one of his blogs, which he uses to minister to those who are unable to attend church services or who would be uncomfortable doing so.

South Florida blog The Pulp reports that after recently posting the article's link to his Facebook page, Stahl eventually had to delete it after receiving “tons” of angry responses.

Stahl could not be reached for additional comment.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/fla-pastor-draws-fire-for-considering-national-registry-for-atheists-54914/

** EDIT ** thanks to the mod who combined the topics. I hadn't seen Brian's

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Well, this is

Well, this is consitutional