atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
User is offlineOffline

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Good to know, but it does

Good to know, but it does reek of Perry merely making a casual verbal slip up over the phone. In politics, those are the kinds of details the media creates feeding frenzies over, but I'm not inclined to take them anymore seriously. It's akin to getting on someone's case when they say they admired Strom Thurmond during his pro-segregation years; does that necessarily equal being pro-segregation oneself?

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

OK the remark is still naieve. It sounds like progress but not enough to make him potential presidential material.

Basically, I read that as saying that if you put lipstick on a pig and call it Shirley, well most people will not consider that a date for Saturday night but we are going to leave to door open just in case someone actually wants to do that.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=