Dark Matter Illusion

neptewn
neptewn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dark Matter Illusion

http://techie-buzz.com/science/dark-matter-illusion.html

A scientist from CERN, Dragan Slavkov Hajdukovic, has claimed that dark matter may be an illusion and that its supposed effect can be explained away by more known kinds of particles – simple matter particles and their corresponding anti-particles.

Concerning gravity, mainstream physics assumes that there is only one gravitational charge (identified with the inertial mass) while I have assumed that, as in the case of electromagnetic interactions, there are two gravitational charges: positive gravitational charge for matter and negative gravitational charge for antimatter

Figured this might be appreciated here by those more versed in physics than I.

Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer. - William S. Burroughs

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
neptewn

neptewn wrote:

http://techie-buzz.com/science/dark-matter-illusion.html

A scientist from CERN, Dragan Slavkov Hajdukovic, has claimed that dark matter may be an illusion and that its supposed effect can be explained away by more known kinds of particles – simple matter particles and their corresponding anti-particles.

Concerning gravity, mainstream physics assumes that there is only one gravitational charge (identified with the inertial mass) while I have assumed that, as in the case of electromagnetic interactions, there are two gravitational charges: positive gravitational charge for matter and negative gravitational charge for antimatter

Figured this might be appreciated here by those more versed in physics than I.

I'm not more versed in physics, but thanks to my interest in the subject I found another article from last year. Actually, I keep posting it around whenever the question arises. I know it may get annoying, but this sticking head into sand must stop. There is still more and more evidence that dark matter is a matter. 

All other hypotheses, like time dilatation, quantum polarization of vacuum or modified Newton's dynamics are mutually exclusive and the evidence for them is therefore scarce and divided, if any. The material hypothesis on the other hand, gains still more evidence. Can anyone show otherwise?

http://www.symmetrymagazine.org/breaking/2010/04/16/dark-matter-can-you-hear-me-now/

And here's another one, the famous bullet cluster. 
http://home.slac.stanford.edu/pressreleases/2006/20060821.htm

On second thought, what if there are not two gravitational charges, but three or four electro-magnetic charges, instead of two? That would allow dark matter to have its own bonds and chemistry... Alternatively, electro-magnetism is extension of weak nuclear force. And weak nuclear force may extend into more forces than just EM.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gravity is in a separate

Gravity is in a separate category from the other forces, and it only having attractive effects is an intrinsic part of this, and follows from the Einstein model of gravity as being associated with curvature/distortion of space-time.

This leads to gravitational potential energy logically being opposite (negative) to the energy associated with the other forces, allowing the Big Bang Universe to have  a net mass/energy content of zero, thus allowing the singularity to emerge as a very long-lived 'virtual particle' within the Uncertainty principle of Quantum Mechanics...

There is plenty to be yet explained, of course, and tested, and the people at CERN and FermiLab and other places are hard at work

Einstein's theories have just been confirmed to an high degree of accuracy with the results recently released of analysis of data from the Gravity Probe B satellite.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:Gravity is

BobSpence1 wrote:

Gravity is in a separate category from the other forces, and it only having attractive effects is an intrinsic part of this, and follows from the Einstein model of gravity as being associated with curvature/distortion of space-time.

Associated with spacetime curvature, or simply is spacetime curvature???

Quote:
Einstein's theories have just been confirmed to an high degree of accuracy with the results recently released of analysis of data from the Gravity Probe B satellite.

Tell me, if special relativity is so accurate with regards to gravity, why then are we attempting to ultimately research a Quantum Theory of Gravity, when quantum mechanics and special relativity are so at odds with each other* for different forces of the universe?

*so I'm told.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Well Kap, it is general relativity that is associated with gravitation.

As far as quantum gravity work goes, that is because relativity and quantum mechanic both work like gang busters as long as you don't try to apply either of them outside of the specific domains they deal with.

GR is for large heavy things and QM is for really tiny things. Now which theory would you use to describe what goes on in the center of a black hole? Either method produces serious problems which are not trivially resolved.

For example, under GR, the singularity is seen to have infinite density. Under QM, nothing can be infinitely small and since a black hole has a finite mass, the density must be finite as well.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Well Kap, it is general relativity that is associated with gravitation.

As far as quantum gravity work goes, that is because relativity and quantum mechanic both work like gang busters as long as you don't try to apply either of them outside of the specific domains they deal with.

GR is for large heavy things and QM is for really tiny things. Now which theory would you use to describe what goes on in the center of a black hole? Either method produces serious problems which are not trivially resolved.

For example, under GR, the singularity is seen to have infinite density. Under QM, nothing can be infinitely small and since a black hole has a finite mass, the density must be finite as well.

Well, I suppose the question regarding what you've said is "where do we get an answer that has zero dimensions and finite mass from, or is it simply inducted?"

Also, be that as I was wrong about which of Einstein's theories was involved, you didn't answer my question about why we are attempting to unveil a quantum theory of gravity, when quantum mechanics and general relativity are nearly impossible to consolidate in their differences. To find out what happens inside a black hole? Forgive me if I don't see the significance. To see the Universe at the exact instant of the Big Bang? The significance is readily visible, as is the enormous difficulty...

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kap, significance as it

Kap, significance as it equates to purpose is relative, much like everything else.  The practicality of it can only be guessed at.  If we were to find a unified theory the answers would definitely advance our understanding.  Think of what understanding of QM did for nuclear reactors and nuclear bombs.  It may seem purely academic at this point, but I'm sure when applied it will produce practical and quite tangible results.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc