WHY AM I AN ATHEIST??? [trollville]

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
WHY AM I AN ATHEIST??? [trollville]

WHY AM I AN ATHEIST???

Well, let's be honest. To be an atheist would mean you're very selfish. There are no rules, kind of like anarchy. Yeah, there are rules of the govenment but not rules philosophical speaking. So if i want to be consistent as an atheist, i could technically stab my grandmother and call it a day.

Also i'm an atheist so nobody can hold me accountable. I can be an asshole and it's like, oh you're an atheist, that's okay. Or you can murder your family. You're be arrested, but you won't feel bad, i'm an atheist. Oh okay.

Another reason why I'm an atheist is because of an ego trip. Yeah, i can be extremely arrogant. When people notice this about me, what do i say? I remind them, hey i'm an atheist, and their like, oh, please continue

Yet another reason would be pride. I can be very proud and not humbling.

And yet again, i can steal. I can't push old ladies on the street and steal her groceries and purse. And run. There's no reason for me to feel guilty at all. Why is that? i'm an atheist remember.

Also, i get to target the weak Christians. The strong ones let's leave them alone.

And finally i get to be a hypocrite. I get to claim logic on the street and deny it in the classroom.

It's so fun being an atheist. No morals or ethics. No meaning or purpose in life. No sense of beauty or objective love. I don't have to love my children. Since loving my kids are just brain squirts in my head. They're not real. When my daughter gives me a hug, my head squirts, that's all.

Perhaps someday when Christianity is illegal, we atheists will burn the Christians at the stake. This is consistent anyway.

So I can remain ignorant but via a leap of blind faith just go nutty nuts. And build a website and start different denominations of atheism so i'm off the hook when Christians are like, what? You're a weak atheism now? lol.

But there is this one Christian I cannot beat. Jean Chauvin. My nose has been bleeding for days. and i'm afraid it will continue as long as his intellectual boozooka is pointing my way.

Selfishly Yours.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
Posts: 196
Joined: 2011-03-14
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:(Fixed

Jean Chauvin wrote:

(Fixed for accuracy) Eye-wink

WHY AM I A CHRISTIAN???

Well, let's be honest. To be an Christian would mean you're very selfish. There are no rules, kind of like anarchy. Yeah, there are rules of Godt but not rules philosophical speaking - it's just whatever Yahweh says goes. So if i want to be consistent as a Christian, i could technically kill my neighbor for picking up sticks in his back yard on the Sabbath, or sell my daughter as a sex slave to her rapist for 30 pieces of silver, and call it a day.

Also i'm an Christian so nobody but Yahweh can hold me accountable. I can be an asshole and stone my child to death for cussing at me, and it's like, oh you're a Christian, Leviticus says to do that - that's okay. Or you can murder the women and children of nonbelievers and take their virgin daughters as sex slaves . You're be arrested, but you won't feel bad, because the Bible told me to do it. Oh okay.

Another reason why I'm an Christian is because of an ego trip. Yeah, i can be extremely arrogant - it's fun pretending that I have an invisible sky daddy with magical powers, and telling everyone else they're going to hell. When people notice this about me, what do i say? I remind them, hey i'm a a Christian and that I'm just telling them what the Bible says, and their like, oh, please continue

Yet another reason would be pride. I can be very proud and not humbling.

And yet again, i can rape, pillage, and plunder. I can kill my neighbor for eating shrimp, kill infidels and rape their daughters, and murder my daughter if she's not a virgin on her wedding night. There's no reason for me to feel guilty at all. Why is that? i'm a Christian and Yahweh says it's okay, remember.

Also, i get to target the weak atheists and try to recruit them to my cult. The strong ones let's leave them alone - because deep down I know that the Bible's all a lie and that creationism can't stand up to science.

And finally i get to be a hypocrite. I get to claim that I'm speaking the truth on the street and deny it in the classroom when I try (and fail) to disprove evolution.

It's so fun being an Christian. No morals or ethics - if Yahweh tells me to burn my daughter or rape virgins, it's cool. No meaning or purpose in life - I'm just a pawn created by an evil sociopathic deity who gets jollies out of rape, torture, and genocide . No sense of beauty or objective love - I only have worth because an evil God Yahweh says so - if he changes his mind and says I'm worthless and deserve to burn in hell, then it's true because He says so. I don't have to love my children - if my children annoy me and talk back to me, then Yahweh says I can murder them - since loving my kids are just brain squirts in my head. They don't have worth since they're born with original sin. When my daughter gives me a hug, my head squirts, that's all.

Perhaps someday when Atheism is illegal, we Christians will burn Christians at the stake, just as devout Christians like Hitler and Jeffery Dahmer did. This is consistent anyway - the Bible says all nonbelievers shall be put to death.

So I can remain ignorant but via a leap of blind faith just go nutty nuts. And build a website and start different denominations of Christianity so i'm off the hook when atheists are like, what? You're a weak Christianity now? lol.

But there is this one Christian who self owns himself and saves us the trouble of even having to debunk him - Jean Chauvin. My nose has been bleeding for days from all the laughter. and i'm afraid it will continue as long as his bazooka of unintentional comedy is pointing my way.

Respectfully Yours.

Selfishly,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Optimism is reality, pessimism is the fantasy that you know enough to be cynical


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
Recovering fundamentalist

Recovering fundamentalist wrote:

But there is this one Christian who self owns himself and saves us the trouble of even having to debunk him - Jean Chauvin. My nose has been bleeding for days from all the laughter. and i'm afraid it will continue as long as his bazooka of unintentional comedy is pointing my way.

 

LOL 

 

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1616
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Christ as Amputee

Jean Chauvin  you have  to realize  you are continuing with this 'tone'.

 Verse I Cor. 12:27 speaks of the 'body of CHRIST' . . .


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1616
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Christ as Amputee

Jean Chauvin wrote:

WHY AM I AN ATHEIST???

Well, let's be honest. To be an atheist would mean you're very selfish. There are no rules, kind of like anarchy. Yet another reason would be pride. I can be very proud and not humbling.

 

Selfishly Yours.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

   Are you EVEN able to understand another's 'view' ?  Unconditional surrender or intellectually prostituting yourself to God ?

  Christ as amputee!

    For once rise above the reception mister!  Not to rock the boat or incur wrath.  Doesnt I Cor. 12:27 says, Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. (NKVJ), for those dont know what I'm referencing?  I am honestly inquisitive. Why do I read about so many who fall away? Now before you start into a mini-sermonet. Have you or your fellows ever bothered to ask or talk with the de-convertered? It is entirely conceivable you collectively have not provided the answers  to their questions or people are unimpressed with the 'answers'.  Moreover, It's like each life has to re-invent the wheel. How costly will that be ?

 

 

 

 

 

 


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Nice one...

Recovering fundamentalist wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

(Fixed for accuracy) Eye-wink

WHY AM I A CHRISTIAN???

Well, let's be honest. To be an Christian would mean you're very selfish. There are no rules, kind of like anarchy. Yeah, there are rules of Godt but not rules philosophical speaking - it's just whatever Yahweh says goes. So if i want to be consistent as a Christian, i could technically kill my neighbor for picking up sticks in his back yard on the Sabbath, or sell my daughter as a sex slave to her rapist for 30 pieces of silver, and call it a day.

Also i'm an Christian so nobody but Yahweh can hold me accountable. I can be an asshole and stone my child to death for cussing at me, and it's like, oh you're a Christian, Leviticus says to do that - that's okay. Or you can murder the women and children of nonbelievers and take their virgin daughters as sex slaves . You're be arrested, but you won't feel bad, because the Bible told me to do it. Oh okay.

Another reason why I'm an Christian is because of an ego trip. Yeah, i can be extremely arrogant - it's fun pretending that I have an invisible sky daddy with magical powers, and telling everyone else they're going to hell. When people notice this about me, what do i say? I remind them, hey i'm a a Christian and that I'm just telling them what the Bible says, and their like, oh, please continue

Yet another reason would be pride. I can be very proud and not humbling.

And yet again, i can rape, pillage, and plunder. I can kill my neighbor for eating shrimp, kill infidels and rape their daughters, and murder my daughter if she's not a virgin on her wedding night. There's no reason for me to feel guilty at all. Why is that? i'm a Christian and Yahweh says it's okay, remember.

Also, i get to target the weak atheists and try to recruit them to my cult. The strong ones let's leave them alone - because deep down I know that the Bible's all a lie and that creationism can't stand up to science.

And finally i get to be a hypocrite. I get to claim that I'm speaking the truth on the street and deny it in the classroom when I try (and fail) to disprove evolution.

It's so fun being an Christian. No morals or ethics - if Yahweh tells me to burn my daughter or rape virgins, it's cool. No meaning or purpose in life - I'm just a pawn created by an evil sociopathic deity who gets jollies out of rape, torture, and genocide . No sense of beauty or objective love - I only have worth because an evil God Yahweh says so - if he changes his mind and says I'm worthless and deserve to burn in hell, then it's true because He says so. I don't have to love my children - if my children annoy me and talk back to me, then Yahweh says I can murder them - since loving my kids are just brain squirts in my head. They don't have worth since they're born with original sin. When my daughter gives me a hug, my head squirts, that's all.

Perhaps someday when Atheism is illegal, we Christians will burn Christians at the stake, just as devout Christians like Hitler and Jeffery Dahmer did. This is consistent anyway - the Bible says all nonbelievers shall be put to death.

So I can remain ignorant but via a leap of blind faith just go nutty nuts. And build a website and start different denominations of Christianity so i'm off the hook when atheists are like, what? You're a weak Christianity now? lol.

But there is this one Christian who self owns himself and saves us the trouble of even having to debunk him - Jean Chauvin. My nose has been bleeding for days from all the laughter. and i'm afraid it will continue as long as his bazooka of unintentional comedy is pointing my way.

Respectfully Yours.

Selfishly,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

Recovering...

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Apollo Creed

Hi Apollo Creed,

Let's see, since atheism is death, you must steal my lines? You're like a 7th grader wanting me to go tell suzzy you like her lol.

Atheism has no absolutle knowledge, it has no absolute reality, or ethics or beauty. Logicaly speaking, via the system of atheism, you're like monkeys throwing poop at your Uncle Bob.

Now i understand you were programmed in the public school system, but try to light a match in a small brain cell and think. Christianity has philosophical reasoning and answers to lifes questions. Reality, knowledge, beauty, justice, truth. atheism does not.

And since we are all evil (Jeremiah 17:3), then naturally, to be left alone with an atheist and a monkey, all you get as the end result is your uncle on a stick.

Regarding the lady with chinese chop sticks in her hair. what??? lol. I just placed myself in the view of being an atheist. I just did. My whole OP was relating to your selfish ugly evil found in the lonely pathetic sess pool of atheism.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
But Jean

Jean Chauvin wrote:

 

Christianity has philosophical reasoning and answers to lifes questions. Reality, knowledge, beauty, justice, truth. atheism does not.

 

 

Those things don't go together. Philosophy and reasoning? Philosophy and answers to questions? What sort of answers? Assertions? As for offering truth - christianity offers speculations. These are fine but they are not supported by data.  

Meanwhile atheism is non belief in god. Most of us here would turn to the scientific method for answers to real questions - and so would you in the majority of cases. 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Freeze, Put Your Gun Down

Hi Freeze, Put Your Gun Down,

Ugh, we've discussed this before. lol. There are many atheist denominations. You're not really an atheist, you're an agnostic. Come on. Also. Weak atheist is the denial of an argument. If it's nothing, then you cannot argue. All you can do is pick your nose and kiss cheeleaders.

Via argument. there is an negation and an assertion. So via the Atheist Christian argument, you must negate via the denial of my claim that being the object of content thus God Himself.

Also. ALL ALL ALL ALL ALL logical arguments begin with assumptions. The proof however is determined via it's soundness of it's premises. So this statement just means you have no idea what logic is.

And finally, i've givem my argument a thousand times, yes, Christianity does have answers to life's questions. Atheist cannot answer any.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
Posts: 811
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Translation:Jean Chauvin

Translation:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

WHY AM I A DICK???

Well, let's be honest. I like the attention.

 

No, really, that's it.

 

Fuck you and your family,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3 is in the bible, right? OK, cool, I'll use that. No one else cites it, so that oughta get me some attention)


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Freeze, Put Your Gun Down,

Ugh, we've discussed this before. lol. There are many atheist denominations. You're not really an atheist, you're an agnostic. Come on. Also. Weak atheist is the denial of an argument. If it's nothing, then you cannot argue. All you can do is pick your nose and kiss cheeleaders.

Via argument. there is an negation and an assertion. So via the Atheist Christian argument, you must negate via the denial of my claim that being the object of content thus God Himself.

Also. ALL ALL ALL ALL ALL logical arguments begin with assumptions. The proof however is determined via it's soundness of it's premises. So this statement just means you have no idea what logic is.

And finally, i've givem my argument a thousand times, yes, Christianity does have answers to life's questions. Atheist cannot answer any.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

1. Name an atheist denomination.

2. Give Christianity's answer to any of life's questions. Note: "God did it", "It's God's will" or any of their variants is not an answer.

3. Since atheism is death and Christianity kills will you become an atheist when you die?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5905
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jean,trained in logic?? You

Jean,

trained in logic?? You must be kidding.

an argument is sound if its reasoning is valid and its premises are true.

Logic or other deductive principles (math, etc) can determine its validity, and also whether its premises are consistent.

The truth of any set of non-contradictory premises cannot be established in any absolute sense. All one can do with logic is establish if various sets of premises are consistent (non-contradictory) or not.

The likelihood of the truth of any set of premises/assumptions/propositions can be estimated by examining the confidence we have in all the inputs, and combining them via techniques like Bayesian analysis. The more data we gather and test against other relevant data, the more we can have confidence in the growing body of consistent data, and then observe how closely the conclusions of all the reasoned arguments we base on that data match other observations, the more confidence we can have in the logical structure we are building being a reasonable and useful model of reality. This is Science.

Without such testing for coherence and consistency, all we have is speculation, ie philosophy - which is necessary but utterly insufficient to establish what is most likely to be true.

The confidence in any assumption or proposition is established by examining the basis for it. Direct empirical observation would be about as strong as one can get, especially if it has been checked by many different observers, and more especially if confirmed by measurement with instruments, which largely bypass the flaws in our direct sensory perception of objects or events.

The weakest source of premises/input would be purely experiential/intuitive, unless you are purely after a description of how such experiences feel. The truth of any external reality they seem to point to can only be established empirically, ie, by direct testing against external reality, where possible.

Here endeth the lesson for today....

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hello,

Quote:

1. Name an atheist denomination.

2. Give Christianity's answer to any of life's questions. Note: "God did it", "It's God's will" or any of their variants is not an answer.

3. Since atheism is death and Christianity kills will you become an atheist when you die?

Strong Atheism vs. Weak. LaVay's Atheism vs. Skeptical Atheism. etc.

Epistemology. Only Christianity allows one to know. All other systems is a failure in this area and admit it by denying absolutes in their system.

Christ gives life.

________________________

Actually, in logic truth and false is not to be used. But valid and sound. And yes, i am very good at logic.

Exactly, the consistency of the argument. This is why i bring atheism to it's logical consistent conclusions. Since consistent atheists end up looking like Mao, this should cause you to think youre nutty nuts. Also, empiricism by definintion is never deductive.

The  Bayesian analysis is again in reference to probability via statistics. We've discussed this Bob. But the probability of any data always has a probable ratio of error thus always removing you from absolute knowledge. It's always a guess.

Confidence is irrealavant to logic. Logic is just argument structure and validity in relation to soundness. Bob i taught YOU logic. lol. come on.

Quote:
The weakest source of premises/input would be purely experiential/intuitive, unless you are purely after a description of how such experiences feel. The truth of any external reality they seem to point to can only be established empirically, ie, by direct testing against external reality, where possible.

rofl. what? bob what? Forever ago you were a proponent of a kind of goofy contradiction with legs. a kind of Descartes Rationalist and Hume Empiricist. WOuld that make you a HUMEanist? (that's funny).

And you defended empiricism with your life. NOW you're telling me that weakest source is experientialintuitive? Thus you just said bob that empiricism is the weakest form of knowing. Thank ya. Finally lol. I feel like I achieved victory here.

Atheism replaces theology with anthropology. But since anthropology is stuck in the mud of particulars, then atheism brings nothing but selfish evil.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5905
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Confidence is not relevant

Confidence is not relevant to logic, and I did not claim that.

It is of course relevant to assessment of any 'knowledge' about reality, which can never be 100%.

Thank you, Jean for further confirming that you understand little about how logic is applied in the real world, and how we gain what knowledge we have about reality. And that you are incapable of learning anything new.

You exist in Jean-World, where God is real and everything is black and white.

I was not really addressing you in that post - I know that would be a waste of time - just some clarification for others who might be misled by your arrogant ignorance. Don't expect any further replies, unless you come out with something new and interesting.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

Quote:

1. Name an atheist denomination.

2. Give Christianity's answer to any of life's questions. Note: "God did it", "It's God's will" or any of their variants is not an answer.

3. Since atheism is death and Christianity kills will you become an atheist when you die?

Strong Atheism vs. Weak. LaVay's Atheism vs. Skeptical Atheism. etc.

Epistemology. Only Christianity allows one to know. All other systems is a failure in this area and admit it by denying absolutes in their system.

Christ gives life.

________________________

Actually, in logic truth and false is not to be used. But valid and sound. And yes, i am very good at logic.

Exactly, the consistency of the argument. This is why i bring atheism to it's logical consistent conclusions. Since consistent atheists end up looking like Mao, this should cause you to think youre nutty nuts. Also, empiricism by definintion is never deductive.

The  Bayesian analysis is again in reference to probability via statistics. We've discussed this Bob. But the probability of any data always has a probable ratio of error thus always removing you from absolute knowledge. It's always a guess.

Confidence is irrealavant to logic. Logic is just argument structure and validity in relation to soundness. Bob i taught YOU logic. lol. come on.

Quote:
The weakest source of premises/input would be purely experiential/intuitive, unless you are purely after a description of how such experiences feel. The truth of any external reality they seem to point to can only be established empirically, ie, by direct testing against external reality, where possible.

rofl. what? bob what? Forever ago you were a proponent of a kind of goofy contradiction with legs. a kind of Descartes Rationalist and Hume Empiricist. WOuld that make you a HUMEanist? (that's funny).

And you defended empiricism with your life. NOW you're telling me that weakest source is experientialintuitive? Thus you just said bob that empiricism is the weakest form of knowing. Thank ya. Finally lol. I feel like I achieved victory here.

Atheism replaces theology with anthropology. But since anthropology is stuck in the mud of particulars, then atheism brings nothing but selfish evil.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Such simple questions and you still fail.

Strong atheism and weak atheism are not denominations. LaVey was a satanist. Satanism is not atheism. Atheists don't believe in Satan - did you forget?

Where does atheism deny absolutes? Some atheists may. Christianity, however, denies that there is an absolute morality for the believer. "Do what you want and be forgiven later" is the Christian way.

"Christ gives life" is one of those variants that is not an acceptable answer. You're 0 for 2 - are you sure you're trying?

If you are so good at logic, Jean, why do you keep attacking your straw man version of atheism?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hello JCG

Um, Lavey was a Satanist, but he was an atheist. He denied the entity of Satan which is why Aquino split. Thus true satanism is to live according to consistent humanistic means. He is a consistent atheist in that one must be selfish, he admits this and strives for this. We must indulge and live according to our animal desires.

So yes, LaVey was an atheist. The more consistent you are in being selfish, the more satanic you are. So you got that wrong. Next.

Since the 3 secular theories for epiestmology fail, then by definition, they fail at knowing and by defiinitions, deny absolutes.

Simply saying ducks fly in space does not equite this. You just pull it out of somewhere and say it. This is absurd irrational behavior which one would expect to find, in an atheist.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Bob

Confidence is not even relavent to the accessment of your knowledge which you admit is always probable. I am absolutely postive about God via logic and faith which is equalavent to knowledge. As a result, my confidence flows. Actions flows from and away from it's base. So my confidence is because i have Biblical logical faith.

Oxymoron's would mean those terms are still right lol. A paradox is what i think you meant. lol. So then if they are oxymoron's you agree with my assessment? well thanks bob.

I know you atheists have bene lazy while i've been gone. Getting away with sloppiness, but i'm back and due or die bob. I'm afraid yet again, you're dead.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Confidence is not even relavent to the accessment of your knowledge which you admit is always probable. I am absolutely postive about God via logic and faith which is equalavent to knowledge. As a result, my confidence flows. Actions flows from and away from it's base. So my confidence is because i have Biblical logical faith.

So Jean, explain to me in epistemological frame of reference, how you can be absolutely positive about God via logic?  Faith and a dollar fifty gets you a large coffee, I really don't see how faith is relevant in any way shape or form. 

I will admit that relativism implies that absolutes are not only unnecessary, but also illogical.  But relativism and atheism are completely different animals, it's as though you're comparing apples and mud bricks. 

Give me one example of absolute knowledge regarding any one thing, and I will use that as a fixed point of reference to understand your point of view.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi KTULA

While it is true that not ALL atheists are relatvists, all consistent ones are. To be an atheist and not into relativity woudl mean you're inconsistent. Historically speaking this is true also.

I've done this before many times. Remember? I've framed my reference.

Since God is omnipotent and omniscient and omnipotent He is outside of time ontologically speaking. Not neccessarily economically speaking. So since ALL ALL logical arguments begin with an assumption, We assume God as a first principle and His Word. And then doctrines found in Scripture implications of those axioms.

You have no reference of knowing. So you can't say relativity is like apples to some. You don' t know. YOu can't even say probably. If you are a relativist, lol, then why speak in absolute terms? You said some are A and some are NOt A. You just spoke absolutely. Via your relativity, i am also right. lol.

You're like a pig stuck in the mud. And only Jesus can get you out.

Faith is knowing. The knowledge of salvation. It is not blind but logical. Thus I can reason logicallyl because of faith. IN the words of anselm.

Credo Ut Intelligum (I believe in order to understand).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
I have reference of knowing.

I have reference of knowing.  I have an empirical reference that's relative, and I admit ultimately subjective.  I except knowledge in increments of probability, and consideration of all known variables.  I extrapolate and adjust my understanding to achieve the best possible knowledge, and test that knowledge empirically as many times as necessary.  

You introduce a false dichotomy of absolute knowledge and NO knowledge, which is false and not even self consistent due to the fact that ABSOLUTE knowledge is a meaningless and subjective term.  For example, if I point to a Rubik's Cube and ask you what that is, how far does your knowledge of that object extend?  Suppose you had vast resources at your disposal to answer my question, could you really ABSOLUTELY know everything about that object? 

Let's suppose you answer that it is a puzzle.  I follow with What is it made of? and then you explain how plastic is created and show me schematics of how the Cube is assembled.  What is the chemical composition of the plastic? you run experiments and come up with an accurate proportion of chemicals.  Suppose I want to know the exact position and velocity of an electron, suppose I want to know what an electron looks like.  Even if you were able to answer some of those questions, digging deeper takes exponentially larger amounts of time and energy.  Eventually, REGARDLESS of your resources, you will be UNABLE to answer my questions.  This has nothing to do with ability, it is a physical impossibility.  You, my friend, cannot have ABSOLUTE knowledge of a freaking Rubik's cube, let alone anything more complex.  The same is true for everyone else that has ever lived, or ever will live.  

Now, does that mean that you don't know what a Rubik's cube is? of course it doesn't you know damn well what it is.  Eventually you will have to apply intellectual honesty and say... I don't know the exact chemical composition of this cube, or whatever else arbitrary limit you want to set for your knowledge.  So you know 99.9999999% what a Rubik's cube is, but you can never know 100%.  You can get to 99.9999999999999999999999% or as many 9's as you have time and energy for, but ABSOLUTE knowledge is an aberration. 

Logic is a SELF CONSISTENT system.  I can set the rules for a proposition by telling you that, "all apples are green, this fruit is red, therefore it is not an apple" and that's sound and valid, and self consistently correct, but guess what, that red fruit is a freaking apple after all.  You have to prove your argument empirically for it to have any meaning.  Otherwise a fart has more consistency.  

And don't get me started on the omniX attributes... 

 

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5905
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
The existence and attributes

The existence and attributes of God are, and can only be, conjecture.

Logic can tell you nothing but the implications of the input propositions, so to prove 'God' you still need empirical evidence. Logic can only disprove propositions, if it can demonstrate they are inconsistent/contradictory.

Faith is absence of knowledge, pure wishful thinking. It is the antithesis of logic.

There is no absolute knowledge except relational, ie IF A then B, or definitional, ie bachelors are unmarried.

"1 + 1 = 2" is true by virtue of the definition of the terms, ie it is tautological, the conclusion is implicit from the definitions.

Ktulu, you really do "get it". I like your style and approach..

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
Posts: 196
Joined: 2011-03-14
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi Apollo

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Apollo Creed,

Now i understand you were programmed in the public school system, but try to light a match in a small brain cell and think. Christianity has philosophical reasoning and answers to lifes questions. Reality, knowledge, beauty, justice, truth. atheism does not.

I went to a Christian high school, not a pubic school - that's why I'm a Recovering Fundamentalist.

Now STFU kid and go pork your sister. Eye-wink

Optimism is reality, pessimism is the fantasy that you know enough to be cynical


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
He has a lot of

 

 

energy for some one who alleges he's dying, our Jean. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


luca
atheist
Posts: 400
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
les jeux sont fait

jc wrote:
Well, let's be honest. To be an atheist would mean you're very selfish. There are no rules, kind of like anarchy. Yeah, there are rules of the govenment but not rules philosophical speaking. So if i want to be consistent as an atheist, i could technically stab my grandmother and call it a day.

Also i'm an atheist so nobody can hold me accountable. I can be an asshole and it's like, oh you're an atheist, that's okay. Or you can murder your family. You're be arrested, but you won't feel bad, i'm an atheist. Oh okay.

Another reason why I'm an atheist is because of an ego trip. Yeah, i can be extremely arrogant. When people notice this about me, what do i say? I remind them, hey i'm an atheist, and their like, oh, please continue...


Nonsense. You're defining atheism from a christian view.
You cannot offer explanations, only circular logic that you render sort of true taking your god as an axiom.
Your faith proves only you have faith, not that your god exists. If your faith has not confirmation outside your head then it's useless.
Then you say atheists cannot explain beauty, feelings, loe, ecc. Well that's silly: it's like saying that an adronga believer cannot feel anything. Or you have to be omnitheist.
I think that the principal thing you should read about is evolution: you'll see that rules exists for everything you say. In fact, almost every argument of yours is one from ignorance.


luca
atheist
Posts: 400
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline

double post


 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Um, Lavey

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Um, Lavey was a Satanist, but he was an atheist. He denied the entity of Satan which is why Aquino split. Thus true satanism is to live according to consistent humanistic means. He is a consistent atheist in that one must be selfish, he admits this and strives for this. We must indulge and live according to our animal desires.

So yes, LaVey was an atheist. The more consistent you are in being selfish, the more satanic you are. So you got that wrong. Next.

Since the 3 secular theories for epiestmology fail, then by definition, they fail at knowing and by defiinitions, deny absolutes.

Simply saying ducks fly in space does not equite this. You just pull it out of somewhere and say it. This is absurd irrational behavior which one would expect to find, in an atheist.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

If selfishness is a component of atheism then I am a Christian and you are an atheist. Your posts seem to be all about yourself.

LaVey couldn't be both Satanist and atheist simultaneously. It's similar to someone being a married bachelor.

Just as saying ducks fly in space doesn't make it so your claim that all "secular" theories of epistemology fail because you say so doesn't make it so. This is the irrational behavior that I expect to find in you.

You keep forgetting that I don't want you to make it so easy to refute you. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
Posts: 196
Joined: 2011-03-14
User is offlineOffline
I'm surprised this guy

I'm surprised this guy hasn't been sent to Trollville. He obviously isn't here to debate anything, he's just posting this crap to get a rise out of people.

Optimism is reality, pessimism is the fantasy that you know enough to be cynical


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
This puts it rather well, Ktu.

Ktulu wrote:

I have reference of knowing.  I have an empirical reference that's relative, and I admit ultimately subjective.  I except knowledge in increments of probability, and consideration of all known variables.  I extrapolate and adjust my understanding to achieve the best possible knowledge, and test that knowledge empirically as many times as necessary.  You introduce a false dichotomy of absolute knowledge and NO knowledge, which is false and not even self consistent due to the fact that ABSOLUTE knowledge is a meaningless and subjective term.  

 

This plastic conjectural knowledge is all we can have in the absence of the fundamentalist monotheist's assertions of absolute certainty. The failure of christians and muslims to embrace the fluid nature of knowledge is what colours so many of our debates and leads us to argue past each other so often. Even when what I would call a sophisticated believer accepts scientific method, they still fail to be consistent when faced with first cause, abiogenesis, or the nature and function of human neurology. I can never, ever understand why intelligent multi-degreed members of my christian family find it impossible to say: "I don't know."  

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
Posts: 811
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Jean's actually halfway

Jean's actually halfway right regarding "atheist denominations" and "LaVeyan Satanism". He fails to acknowledge some things though.

 

1: For there to be a denomination, there must be organization. While atheists disagree on some things, and some place more or less emphasis on reason, there's no organized atheist group that dictates our atheism. Yes, there are clubs and advocacy groups and such, but nothing like a church.

 

2: LaVey's religion is atheistic. Much like Buddhism, some schools of Hinduism, and hell, some christians. That doesn't make it a denomination of atheism any more than any of those groups.


BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
Posts: 811
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Jean's actually halfway

Jean's actually halfway right regarding "atheist denominations" and "LaVeyan Satanism". He fails to acknowledge some things though.

 

1: For there to be a denomination, there must be organization. While atheists disagree on some things, and some place more or less emphasis on reason, there's no organized atheist group that dictates our atheism. Yes, there are clubs and advocacy groups and such, but nothing like a church.

 

2: LaVey's religion is atheistic. Much like Buddhism, some schools of Hinduism, and hell, some christians. That doesn't make it a denomination of atheism any more than any of those groups.


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hi KTULA,

You need to define knowledge. If you're talking about personal knowledge "that works for you" but not your neighbor across the street, that would be accurate. But subjectively speaking, 2+2 -4 since your thinking is 100% subjecive would mean that 2+2 - 4 subjectively and not absolutely. Thus if your mom says the answer is 5, since you're subjective, there's no way to tell her otherwise.

And there's no way to objectively have a complaint regarding Christianity. If your truth is subjective, then my truth is subjective so Christianity is both true and false at the same time.

And since you remain in the finite particular, and cannot connect your knowing outside of yourself, that is antithetical to knowing KTULA, that's ignorance. You've redifined ignorance and called it knowing subjectively.

You claim i'm committing a false dichtomony between absolute knowledge and subjective knowledge. But my dichtomony is not false but true. You haven't defined knowledge and since all truth is relative and subjective then how you define it I cannot apply objectively so what are we doing?

Knowledge is a variable with absolute zero error.

Since subjective knowledge leaves no room for right and wrong really, but a kind of pragmaticism, what works for you, thereby asserting the consequent as a formal logical fallacy, then it is not a false dichtomony but a true dichtomony.

As an atheist, and hypothetically speaking, i would agree with you kind of. But consistently like Zeno's student, i would hide in a cave and say nothing since by the time the sound reached you the meaning would have already changed. 2nd place from that in terms of atheistic consistency would be a skeptic but they have problems also.

Youre right, there are some things that are probable and outside of knowing. However, if God reveals it, then it becomes knowledge. I can actually demonstrate calculus in the Bible. So Calculus is absolutely true.

wait a minute if knowing is subjective, then you can't say all apples are green. That is a universal objective statement. You must say, this apple is green to me. By saying all apples are green is self refuting. You can nnot even describe what an apple is thus you cannot do science or understand true science.

Regarding color, you cannot know color. John Locke and the 3 British empiricist has different views regarind color and they're all weak. Whcih theory do you ascribe to?

____________

It is true that denominations CAN mean a body or franchize tied into a corporate office. But it also means a state of mind. So for example, the denomination of the Baptists vs. the Pentecostal would be that the state of mind of the Pentecostals would be speaking in tongues. So it's also a theological understanding of your position.

It is the former that I refer to when i speak of athestic denominations.

LaVey Satanism was not really a belief in Satan. It was the consistent belief that the more selfish and evil and self centered and indulgent you are, the more you as a person are satanic. Thus LaVey emphasized satanism in the acts of your own self indulgence. Yes, northern buddhism is also atheistic with a different twist, i'm not sure about Hinduism. Consistent Hinduism any way.

JCG, you make emotional outbursts like a pregnant woman screaming to her husband about wanting to cut off his penis. Try an argument next time.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

 

 

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


HumanVuvuzela
atheistSilver Member
HumanVuvuzela's picture
Posts: 93
Joined: 2011-04-24
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote: Youre

Jean Chauvin wrote:

 

Youre right, there are some things that are probable and outside of knowing. However, if God reveals it, then it becomes knowledge. I can actually demonstrate calculus in the Bible. So Calculus is absolutely true.

 

 

I'll take the bait. Can you please tell me where in the bible you can 'actually demonstrate' calculus? Is this differential calculus or integral calculus? Have I missed the bit where the eleventh commandment was written "the definite integral is the integral from a to b of f(x) with respect to x"? And so sayeth the lord? 

 

And to clarify your beliefs further, do you subscribe to the logic that if it is written in the bible, it is absolutely true? Really?

 

 

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean, why would I need to

Jean, why would I need to make an argument against you? You can't logically counter what you call my "emotional outbursts".

If I brought an argument to you you'd stare at me like you were a dog being taught astrophysics.

All you're doing is agreeing with me but you don't see it. Keep writing those self centered posts. You concede more with each one.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
hi jcg

um, i think we getting closer. Best friends even maybe. You never argue but grunt. You sit in the corner making grunt sounds. that's all you do. lol. I mean. it's fun having the local grunt, but i mean, what?

You tried to argue when we first met. But when you realized my high intelligence, you started grunting.

Calculus is very involved in Scripture. If i get around to it i'll start another thread regarding that.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:um, i

Jean Chauvin wrote:

um, i think we getting closer. Best friends even maybe. You never argue but grunt. You sit in the corner making grunt sounds. that's all you do. lol. I mean. it's fun having the local grunt, but i mean, what?

You tried to argue when we first met. But when you realized my high intelligence, you started grunting.

Calculus is very involved in Scripture. If i get around to it i'll start another thread regarding that.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

If the "grunts" (as you call them) annihilate you on an intellectual level, why should I go further? If you don't understand the simple stuff you'd be totally lost if I went deeper.

Get around to it when you wish - you have a lot of time left.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1616
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
It aint Dumb luck .. ..

Quote:
LaVey was a satanist. Satanism is not atheism. Atheists don't believe in Satan - did you forget?

   It’s inevitable from a small group of people, that more than one of us should be wondering about the same thing. I think you  (jcgadfly) have surely stumbled across something and  it aint dumb-luck.  I  am  left  wondering  about  the inexplicability of these strange  miscategorizations myself (growing in frequency).  I am finding it hard to understand all his miscategorizing.  Further, Even down to  the Avatars  used by each of the members.  Left wondering what's his take on a popular bible verse about unbelief --

 ”Take heed brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, .. But exhort one another daily, while it is called Today; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.” Heb. 3:12-13

   IMHO, Above, Paul addresses the readers as brethren. Right? In other passages Paul speaks of the "community" of "believers". Right? So unbelievers are found even hanging around the faithful.

    Assuming that Atheists are not fallen believers nor Pagan but have a similar 'heart', according to you.  Shouldnt you need to better categorized things as something other than Pagans or Satanists ?   Are all "Pagans", even if there is no worship of deities involved at all ?   Is there some passage in the bible that eludes me  or I dont remember ?  Anyone?

 

 

BenfromCanada wrote:

BenfromCanada writes, Translation:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

WHY AM I A DICK???  Well, let's be honest. I like the attention.

No, really, that's it.   Fuck you and your family,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3 is in the bible, right? OK, cool, I'll use that. No one else cites it, so that oughta get me some attention)

 


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
HI Dante

I assume you're asking a serious set of questions.

First, Lavey is not really true Satanism. This is why his left hand man, left LaVey's group to start his own realy satanic cult of a realy satan. Thomas Aquino . Well, i guess they refer to themselves as Seitians but it's a very severe form of pure satanism.

Look it up on the COS website. There is no satan but the consistency of ones indulgences and desires.

If you once believed but apostasized. If you never believed you're a pagan. But a heretic thinks like a pagan, it's just a categorical difference.

Regarding your verse, Paul also says to test yourself to see if you're in teh faith (II Corinthains 13:5)> Just cause you profess to be a chritsian does make you possesss real christianity. Just like atheism, Just because you profess atheism, doesn't mean you possess the consistentcy of atheism or you would be murderering people.

The Hebrew author was talking about any professing christians that actually are apostates like Judas. Paul never wrote to a Christian in the bible but only professing Christians.

But since atheists are out in the open as wicked pagans, what more is there to gripe about Dante. Hebrew author was talking about the unknown, but you're known to be a bunch of wicked harlots. there's no question.

I rest my case.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10720
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
ITT: jean shows how much of

ITT: jean shows how much of a dick he is, and how only belief in false gods have prevented him from creating atrocities. As such, he also proves beyond argument the moral bankruptcy of his religion, and the ethical superiority of atheists who don't believe his bullshit but are still good and hardworking people who don't need threats of eternal damnation to be good and hardworking.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


luca
atheist
Posts: 400
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
zip

Jean, do you know spiritual combat?


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1616
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
{No Subject}

Quote:
The Hebrew author was talking about any professing christians that actually are apostates like Judas. Paul never wrote to a Christian in the bible but only professing Christians

 What more is there to gripe about Dante?  Hebrew author was talking about the unknown, but you're known to be a bunch of wicked harlots.

 

 

     You've  used the context given by the author of the book of Hebrews.   To my embarrassment,  I dont follow what you are saying, What is meant by 'Wicked "harlots"'?   I can come up with no less than three separate meanings.   You could mean anything from  Apostates to hedonism.  They'd start-off with the intrinsically religious, who 'fall away' (if it is the former).  The other would have to do with a fundamental rejection of good morals. 

 

 

 

 

 


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
Quote:........"wicked

Quote:

........"wicked harlots"

 

Harlots without hearts of gold??

 

 


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Dante

Hi Diane,

Hebrews here is interesting with the term Illumination, for it conveys that knowledge is dependant on faith. The Fallen Away are those who were professing Christians but via there lifestyle, exposed themselves and not possessing Christians. The section of Scripture is talking to Mature grown up Christians in the faith.

The fallen away is a figurative means where people who PROFESS that they were saved, and then 2 years down the road want to get saved again, you can't do that. Christ would have to die twice. So via a hypothetical, if a person thinks they lost it or try to get salvation again, they never had it in the first place.

So the fallen away in this section of Scripture is talking about Apostates like that bank rubber who burn in hell hotter then Mother Teresa will, well, maybe, she'll burn pretty hot too or Billy Graham.

"tasted the heavenly gift" taste full and complete taste, to be consumed partakers. Don't relay foundation of salvation if you're saved vs. 5 vs. 6 if they are saved again. if you think you lost it.

Luca spiritual combat? Care to elaborte? I can just be absurd and shout things. Hey Luca, ever hear of Kentucky Fried Chicken with there 11 herbs ands spices. Um, i just did what you did.

The creepy guy seems like he may be pretty consistent. Yeah, he's probably a murderer or will soon be. But i love you man, but Jesus probably hates your guts. You wicked Harlot you.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10720
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
^ jean tries to be clever.

^ jean tries to be clever. It's a good demonstration of theist stupidity, as there is no clever to be found. Laughing out loud

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13823
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Diane,

Hebrews here is interesting with the term Illumination, for it conveys that knowledge is dependant on faith. The Fallen Away are those who were professing Christians but via there lifestyle, exposed themselves and not possessing Christians. The section of Scripture is talking to Mature grown up Christians in the faith.

The fallen away is a figurative means where people who PROFESS that they were saved, and then 2 years down the road want to get saved again, you can't do that. Christ would have to die twice. So via a hypothetical, if a person thinks they lost it or try to get salvation again, they never had it in the first place.

So the fallen away in this section of Scripture is talking about Apostates like that bank rubber who burn in hell hotter then Mother Teresa will, well, maybe, she'll burn pretty hot too or Billy Graham.

"tasted the heavenly gift" taste full and complete taste, to be consumed partakers. Don't relay foundation of salvation if you're saved vs. 5 vs. 6 if they are saved again. if you think you lost it.

Luca spiritual combat? Care to elaborte? I can just be absurd and shout things. Hey Luca, ever hear of Kentucky Fried Chicken with there 11 herbs ands spices. Um, i just did what you did.

The creepy guy seems like he may be pretty consistent. Yeah, he's probably a murderer or will soon be. But i love you man, but Jesus probably hates your guts. You wicked Harlot you.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

I don't give one fuck who your fictional split personality dead man on a stick hates. Most Christians don't view their Jesus as a vindictive prick like you.  You are pathetic excuse of a human being. I'd call you living vomit, but that would be an insult to vomit.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


_Anonymous (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Diane,

Hebrews here is interesting with the term Illumination, for it conveys that knowledge is dependant on faith. The Fallen Away are those who were professing Christians but via there lifestyle, exposed themselves and not possessing Christians . . . So the fallen away in this section of Scripture is talking about Apostates like that bank rubber who burn in hell hotter then Mother Teresa will, well, maybe, she'll burn pretty hot too or Billy Graham.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

   Are you for real ?  Billy Graham is soon to be burning  in Hell?  What about Justification by 'Faith'?

   Pauline script in the Book of Romans "This righteousness is given through faith in Christ Jesus to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus".

 

 


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1616
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
{Hell awaits}

{No Subject}

_Anonymous wrote:
_Anonymous said, "Are you for real ?  Billy Graham is soon to be burning in Hell?"
 

 

   The good Reverend is headed to what again ?  Question : Are 'you' talking about 'false teaching', (I'm only assuming here).  

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Diane,

So the fallen away in this section of Scripture is talking about Apostates like that bank rubber who will burn in hell hotter then Mother Teresa will, well, maybe, she'll burn pretty hot too or Billy Graham?  "tasted the heavenly gift" taste full and complete taste, to be consumed partakers. Don't relay foundation of salvation if you're saved vs. 5 vs. 6 if they are saved again. if you think you lost it.  Luca spiritual combat? Care to elaborte? I can just be absurd and shout things.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 > Jean Chauvin

 

   Oookkkaayy .. First, Am I reading what you wrote correctly ? Rev. Billy has always been woolly headed; you will have to FORGIVE HIM. He is known for communicating that God's love is Infinite. But, Billy Graham himself is soon to be burning  in Hell?  Is that right? The little I know of the man, he is notorious for side stepping challenges to the Xian Faith. A Hell-able offense?  Spent four minutes online googling Billy Graham. I only found this quote:  Billy Graham said, "The Pope is the greatest religious leader of the modern world, and one of the greatest moral and spiritual leaders of the century." Being from a Reform background, as you are, he ought not to have said that. But, HELL ?!? Where exactly is this 'Hell' he is sending himself to? This is a time you could help us to understand where this is all coming from.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Diana

I'll explain again about a system. In order for a system to be a system there must be at least one universal to tie it into a system. So for example, Botany, Chemistry, Biology, all have at least 1 tenet to tie it in to meaning.

Christianity has several. One of those universal essentials is how you get to heaven. Jesus says

I am the way the truth and the life, nobody comes to the father, except through me.  (John 14:6).

Billy Graham denies this essential universal thus disqualifying him from the system of Christianity. He is thus an apostate.

On Robert Shuler's little show, he said that Jesus is NOT the only way to get to heaven thus contradicting what Jesus said in John 14:6. Billy said you can be a pagan and never ever hear about Jesus, but if you follow the light you've been given, you'll go to heaven.

Now. you can agree with Billy or me, doesn't matter. What matters is that via the definition of essential Christianity, Billy redefines a trait that is essentail to Christianity as a system is an apostate going to hell. This is one of many other issues. He also finds occultic religions of value.

And he's a democrat which is right there enough to send anybody to hell.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10720
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
^ The amusing thing here is

^ The amusing thing here is that if there really is a god and a hell, jean purchased a one way ticket to fire years ago, so he and billy will burn together. Laughing out loud

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
By your logic about Jesus,

By your logic about Jesus, Paul (the creator of Christianity) is going to hell.

So...Paul's going to hell, Billy's going to hell, but Jean knows he's one of the elect and is going to heaven.

You've stopped speaking as a follower of God. Now you speak as one believes he is God.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10720
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Isn't it amusing to see jean

Isn't it amusing to see jean commit sin after sin and yet be oblivious to it? I find it near-hysterical. This guy is the poster child for demonstrating the ridiculous and dangerous nature of belief in the unbelievable.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.