Peter Popoff, criminal? And why the heck are his all his followers black?

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
Peter Popoff, criminal? And why the heck are his all his followers black?

I was up late last night and caught the Peter Popoff late night special.  I hadn't seen him in years, honestly I thought he was long gone, either not able to get enough donations to keep his business profitable, or locked up for some kind of fraudulant activity.  These snakes make me sick, personally I see this as criminal to form such a fraudulant organization that promises everything and delivers nothing.  It would be easy to prove he does not cure anyone, and that all the people who donate money (sew seeds to god) do not recieve large lump sums of "miracle" money magically in their bank accounts like he promises.  This wouldn't be a problem at all, so how can this be legal?  Is it because you can't prove he isn't working with a god who only helps a very small number of people in natural ways, so technically he's not a criminal and can go on taking money in exchange for failed promises.  I feel as though the naive, gullible glazy eyed type to go for this thing need our protection from these kinds of snakes, they are kind of like children.  It is their free right I guess to be had by a charlotten, but honestly these people are more like children than adults, we protect children from snakes because they can't protect themselves, so what should be done about this situation in general, I'm a little torn these people have serious problems.  Personally if I saw Peter Popoff walking down the street, I'd probably run him over in my car, but that's just me.  Being serious, I think ateast he should not be allowed to promote such blatant returns for your donations as his marketing campaign, this is false advertising he should atleast be taken through the ringer for that and not allowed to keep practicing such a fraudulant business model.

What do think?

I was watching this special with a friend and one thing we noticed which was undeniable was that 95% + of the followers in the crowd were black.  Out of those 95% the vast majority I'd say 3/4 of them were women.  This was undeniable as the program went on showing the audioence over and over, I'm just wondering why?  It isn't locality, I live in vancouver and Popoffs on every night his show in on all ever North America, he goes all over with those conventions it's not like he's limited to down south or something like that.  So why is it so blatant that the vast majority of his followers are black, and especially black women.  My friend had a very not pc reason involving lack of education and some other factors.  It is hard for me to think an education would do much, I wasn't educated much at the age of 7 and I would have never gone for this crap, the Johos pushed their much more attrative cult on me and it never worked, I could smell the bs and I was still playing with action figures.  So what is it that makes a person the type to be sucked into his crap, and the type that see's it for what it is right away?   

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote: To be sucked into this crap

Well, this kind of BS pisses me off to, and as far as I can tell, yes education makes a HUGE difference, and people without a education are always in a bad position to teach themselves the TRUTH, so they rely on FAITH, and as Jennifer Michael Hecht said, Christians are the first people to come up with this FAITH thing, like you'll be missing something without this Faith, and Michael Shermer wrote a very good book on this subject "Why Do Smart People, Believe Weird Things" and then remember what 'Seneca the Younger' said ~ "The Poor see religion as True, the rich see it as being fake, and the rulers see it as being useful"

Signature ? How ?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maybe?????????????????

P.T.Barnum said '...there was one born every second.....'           he was right.   

Now if Popov was doing that HERE  in Ontario Canada; he would be prosicuted; [ fraud,   blasphamy, fortune telling, practicing medicine without a licence]  The crown prosicuters around here have a reputaton for not putting up with such BS. Our home grown con-men don't even come here {Benny Hinn,  Ravi Zakarias.   Both Toronto boys}  Now if you can get Popov embarrassed into comeing to Toronto area I will see that he goes to jail. [No bail for non-resident aliens]  All he has to do to get aquited is prove that his God does exist.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

P.T.Barnum said '...there was one born every second.....'           he was right.   

Now if Popov was doing that HERE  in Ontario Canada; he would be prosicuted; [ fraud,   blasphamy, fortune telling, practicing medicine without a licence]  The crown prosicuters around here have a reputaton for not putting up with such BS. Our home grown con-men don't even come here {Benny Hinn,  Ravi Zakarias.   Both Toronto boys}  Now if you can get Popov embarrassed into comeing to Toronto area I will see that he goes to jail. [No bail for non-resident aliens]  All he has to do to get aquited is prove that his God does exist.

Funny you say that, you just missed him in June of this year.  He was there, in Toronto doing what he does, fucking with the sheep.  Here is the video from Members of Think Again! TV and the Centre for Inquiry  who snuck into the invitation only convention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZo0DLKriDY

No joke man june 2011 he was there in your city curing people of cancer by bashing their heads, demanding and recieving countless $1000 seed donations from the sheep in return for future miracle money transfers.  He was there, you probably just didn't hear because it is invitation only and he's a sneaky cunt who knows alote of people want to lock him up or run him over. So he gets in and out, records his promotional informercial, takes as much money as he can from the locals and sneaks out the back door to his waiting entourage of cars and off to the next city before you even heard he was coming. 

Your city just got Popoffed!!!

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, the Schaddenfreude...

Oh, the Schaddenfreude...

ed:err, Schadenfreude.