Fucks News

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13668
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Fucks News

I know that Murdock won't die penniless. But his resent scandal in the UK I think is bringing rightful light to his rush to make a buck.

As reports are now speculating if he doesn't want to become homeless, he will have to sell of NEWSCORP.

But considering in America FUCKS NEWS is a huge chunk of his bread and butter, I wouldn't want to be him considering the damage control he will have to pay out to keep FUCKS NEWS afloat.

If Murdock is willing to put a con artist like Glen Beck on the air, it doesn't surprise me in the least that his minions in the UK did what they did. I hope that this also leads to discovery of the same shit going on here in the states.

This crap proves my point that money does not equal morality.

"I didn't know" is going to be his excuse. And even if true, he most certainly created a competitive environment to the point of not giving a fuck about ethics.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Never been

Never been a fan of  Faux news. Always thought it was comical that they used the label "Fair and Balanced. We report, you decide,".

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4567
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 

 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: LOL.

Beyond Saving wrote:

 

LOL.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
People also thought the Gulf Oilspill would put BP outta busines

Errr, if people think that even a scandal like this is enough to drag a billionaire Murdoch down completely, they're highly delusional.  Certainly, the scandal has eroded away on the share price of Newscorp. So what? It's going to take more than losing a few points of stock before Murdoch becomes homeless/penniless. If I had to guess, with his current  net worth, he could buy 30 clones of his current home lot and pay for them for the rest of his life. That's in addition to his current living expenses.

Personally, I don't approve into hacking anyone's digitized equipment, especially the phones of families of 911 victims, but having a distant, comissioned employee do that and having politics I disagree with isn't anywhere near enough for me to hope that a person goes down in flames, metaphorically speaking. So the companies he owns has a problem with ethics... name one corporation with a presence in cable news that does not. Indeed, I doubt any of them are free of blame in this regard, which is one of the reasons I don't watch news on TV.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Apparently

Someone decided to give Mr. Rupert Murdoch a faceful of foam during the hearings today :

http://news.yahoo.com/man-rushes-rupert-murdoch-hearing-160244558.html

 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Errr, if people

Kapkao wrote:

Errr, if people think that even a scandal like this is enough to drag a billionaire Murdoch down completely, they're highly delusional.  Certainly, the scandal has eroded away on the share price of Newscorp. So what? It's going to take more than losing a few points of stock before Murdoch becomes homeless/penniless.

So the companies he owns has a problem with ethics... name one corporation with a presence in cable news that does not. Indeed, I doubt any of them are free of blame in this regard, which is one of the reasons I don't watch news on TV.

I so totally agree.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
*bump*

harleysportster wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

Errr, if people think that even a scandal like this is enough to drag a billionaire Murdoch down completely, they're highly delusional.  Certainly, the scandal has eroded away on the share price of Newscorp. So what? It's going to take more than losing a few points of stock before Murdoch becomes homeless/penniless.

So the companies he owns has a problem with ethics... name one corporation with a presence in cable news that does not. Indeed, I doubt any of them are free of blame in this regard, which is one of the reasons I don't watch news on TV.

I so totally agree.

But you are okay with people being dragged down completely with actions they only have a tenuous, indirect connection to? To be sure, Murdoch has greenlighted deeds worthy of ire, but phone hacking isn't among them.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


FlorenceHamilton
Posts: 5
Joined: 2011-07-20
User is offlineOffline
 Brian,You live in the Low

 Brian,

You live in the Low Country??? I thought I was the only athiest living here!!!


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13668
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
FlorenceHamilton

FlorenceHamilton wrote:

 Brian,

You live in the Low Country??? I thought I was the only athiest living here!!!

I live in North Carolina just above the South Carolina border on the coast. I am not from this area and believe me, living down here is like living on Mars. I am originally from Northern Va from the DC area which much more diverse.

Steven Colbert is from South Carolina and I am quite sure he takes every turn he can to bitch slap this region .

I am ultimately here because my mom retired here. But this really is for me like living on Mars.

If you live close to Myrtle Beach we could meet.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:harleysportster

Kapkao wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

Errr, if people think that even a scandal like this is enough to drag a billionaire Murdoch down completely, they're highly delusional.  Certainly, the scandal has eroded away on the share price of Newscorp. So what? It's going to take more than losing a few points of stock before Murdoch becomes homeless/penniless.

So the companies he owns has a problem with ethics... name one corporation with a presence in cable news that does not. Indeed, I doubt any of them are free of blame in this regard, which is one of the reasons I don't watch news on TV.

I so totally agree.

But you are okay with people being dragged down completely with actions they only have a tenuous, indirect connection to? To be sure, Murdoch has greenlighted deeds worthy of ire, but phone hacking isn't among them.

Nope. I am with you on that one.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13668
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
harleysportster wrote:Kapkao

harleysportster wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

Errr, if people think that even a scandal like this is enough to drag a billionaire Murdoch down completely, they're highly delusional.  Certainly, the scandal has eroded away on the share price of Newscorp. So what? It's going to take more than losing a few points of stock before Murdoch becomes homeless/penniless.

So the companies he owns has a problem with ethics... name one corporation with a presence in cable news that does not. Indeed, I doubt any of them are free of blame in this regard, which is one of the reasons I don't watch news on TV.

I so totally agree.

But you are okay with people being dragged down completely with actions they only have a tenuous, indirect connection to? To be sure, Murdoch has greenlighted deeds worthy of ire, but phone hacking isn't among them.

Nope. I am with you on that one.

But what I have been trying to tell you both, is actually a global problem, not just Murdoch.

China executed , not even a murderer, but a pet food factory ceo for allowing the company to put sub standard and unsafe chemicals into pet food.

Even if you want to claim Murdoch didn't know, like the rest of the "HURRY HURRY HURRY, COMPETE COMPETE COMPETE, GET IT DONE YESTERDAY" Climate is most certainly part of the problem.

You rush people and push them too hard and stick knives in their co-workers hands and call it competition, this climate will lead to things like this.

I have seen the quality of just about every product go down while price goes up and this is due to the race to the bottom. Bill Gates is great at making money, and I am sure his CEOs and shareholders love him, but his products suck.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37