The Christian "sacrament" of the Jews

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Christian "sacrament" of the Jews

Israel Shahak buried it in a footnote but it is worth mentioning.

In the mid to late 19th c. the ceremony of the Bar Mitzvah as invented solely based upon the gospel stories of Jesus in the Temple at aged 12 or so.

Given the miraculous nature of the temple story no rational person takes it seriously yet it is the only source for a ceremony at that age. It did not exist for Jews before the late 19th c.

Strike the Root!

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Asshole

Manhood/adulthood ceremonies have existed in human cultures since long before Jews or Christians existed.  The current wording of that 'rite of passage' may have been invented in the 19th century;  but it is only the wording of the rite. Jews/Hebrews have always had a ceremony to welcome children to adulthood called Bar Mitzvah [ Son of the Commandments] so that they could qualify for the synagogue [bring to  whorship meeting] A synaogue has to be at least 8 adult sons of Abraham.  Bat Mitzvah [daughters of the commandment] is a far newer innovation;  only 1800 years old.   Give or take a few hours.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
We get it. You're a Nazi.

We get it. You're a Nazi. Now stop spamming these stupid threads so you can increase your post count.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
What the fuck?Dude, why are

What the fuck?

Dude, why are you singling out Jews lately?

First off, there is nothing new about ANY superstition by any label. Life ceremonies have always existed. Giving them new names is bullshit and trying to argue details and labels misses the point that the "motif" of celebrating any part of life, IS NOT NEW.

Weddings, funerals, virginity and reaching adulthood are all common celebrations that existed even in the prior polytheism before the religions of Abraham.

Coke is not the first beverage because it's can is red and there is nothing new under the sun about any ancient myth.

I hate all deity claims, not all the people that go around claiming them, just the fact they go around claiming them and have no evidence for them.

You really need to STOP blaming Jews for everything. Whatever wrong they do, does not negate the fact that every religion in the world has just as much dirt in their history. And Israel is a modern secular society even with all it's over reaction to it's neighbors.

I have no doubt if you spent time in Israel and then lived in Iran you'd chose Israel.

Jews did not invent adulthood celebrations, but neither did Muslims or Christians.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:We get

butterbattle wrote:

We get it. You're a Nazi. Now stop spamming these stupid threads so you can increase your post count.

I learned of the invention from Israel Shahak.

Me a nazi. He a nazi. Wouldn't you like to be a nazi too?

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:What the

Brian37 wrote:

What the fuck?

Nothing to do with lately. Search for the very old topic Strike the Root.

www.ussliberty.org

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Dude, why are

Brian37 wrote:

Lately? More like always. He has essentially an entire website dedicated to anti-semitism.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

butterbattle wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Lately? More like always. He has essentially an entire website dedicated to anti-semitism.

Since you appear to want to play the game, let me reissue the challenge. Produce something from my website you find to be antisemitic and defend your opinion that it is. You will be perhaps the 30th to fail but maybe you can surprise me.

www.ussliberty.org