Twisted Metal VI

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Twisted Metal VI

Anyone else as eager as myself to see October roll around? It's been too damn long.... 10 fucking years....

On a side note...

Go 2's

• User Vastet earned 2 points! Total now is 22222 points.
  • Your Forum topic has been created.
  • lol

luca
    atheist
    User is offlineOffline
    Some years ago I played the

Some years ago I played the only twisted metal for pc, TM2 if I remember well. I wish there was more cars FPS (so FCS) pc games. But really I always have been more of a carmageddon type. Carmageddon was my childhood.

robj101
    atheist
    robj101's picture
    User is offlineOffline
    Seems like I played the

Seems like I played the first one a long time ago. I'm just more into twitchy fps (even though I suck at it) and rpg actiony stuff like WoW. Anyone want to buy a wow acct btw ><. I like the car demolition kind of games but they just don't keep me hooked long. It's kind of a "huh, neat" thing to me and then I get bored past the cool physics stuff that goes on.

I did enjoy auto assault though and could almost have cried if that would have brought it back for a second chance. Probably the closest game I can think of to twisted metal and carmageddon that I truly enjoyed. Clip here of my lieutenant being OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C00wRWuVkdY

I'm currently subscribed to Rift and APB (free) and I have been playing a little socom4 and just finished up fallout vegas..so many bugs in that game but it still managed to keep me hooked till the end. I'm just blabbing on about games that are not relevant but I'm bored at work.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
    "By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Kapkao
    atheistSuperfan
    Kapkao's picture
    User is offlineOffline
    I'm eager for November to

I'm eager for November to roll around...

Of course, since it's TES, I'll need a better vidcard beforehand.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

luca
    atheist
    User is offlineOffline
    never gets old

but it's not crysis!

robj101
    atheist
    robj101's picture
    User is offlineOffline
    Kapkao wrote:I'm eager for

Kapkao wrote:

I'm eager for November to roll around...

Of course, since it's TES, I'll need a better vidcard beforehand.

I just bought http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunted:_The_Demon%27s_Forge and it kinda sux. Supposed to be similair though isn't it? The graphics suck the gameplay seems limited and boring and it's so linear it makes my eyes cross. I started out really wanting to like it too and when I do that I can usually at least play like something is good.

Kapkao
    atheistSuperfan
    Kapkao's picture
    User is offlineOffline
    robj101 wrote:Supposed to be

robj101 wrote:
    Supposed to be similair though isn't it? The graphics suck the gameplay seems limited and boring and it's so linear it makes my eyes cross. I started out really wanting to like it too and when I do that I can usually at least play like something is good.

No, not really.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

NoMoreCrazyPeople
    atheistSuperfan
    NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
    User is offlineOffline
    I'm horrible at video games

I'm horrible at video games never been my thing, but someone gave a play station when I was about 13 and it came with the old twisted metal, it's pretty much the only video game I've ever played besides that huge golden eye phase I had before that on N64, haha N64.  I remember I use to use "spektor" or something a little white car with the heat seeking missle and play on battle mode with all the other cars, never was one for levels and things, if I'm going to play a video game, it's going to be to cause random destruction.  Maybe I should pick up a PS3 or something and try some of these new games with crazy graphics and elaborate story lines.

luca
    atheist
    User is offlineOffline
    on the edge

Quote:
    if I'm going to play a video game, it's going to be to cause random destruction

I don't see anything wrong with that.

-----------

Another game where you can cause a mayhem with cars is zombie driver, finished yesterday. But it is more between carmageddon and the earlier gta, than twisted metal.

Luminon
    SuperfanTheist
    Luminon's picture
    User is offlineOffline
     Right now I

Right now I play  Avadon:the black fortress by Spiderweb Software. Before that I played their Geneforge 5 (and all the Geneforges before that). Spiderweb really can deliver the rare fix for turn-based RPG addicts like me. I love RPGs and tactical turn-based combat and all their games have it aplenty, plus huge worlds full of stories, quests, items, even stuff like puzzles, combining items and so on.

Another source of pure joy is Basilisk Games with their Eschalon series. It is basically a roguelike with smooth TB gameplay, quests, items, skills, etc and nice graphics and awesome music. The only downside is a bit slow walking. (stronger computer helps)

Well, and then I really loved Knights of the Chalice.

Such games are extremely rare even on the indie scene. They were more common in DOS times, but they are also way too clunky, ugly and diffcult to get running. These three small developers make games with better gameplay than many professionals. I think they are much closer to a true art, instead of simple, straightforward orgies of blood, graphics and physics. Good graphics is like 3D film, you see it once, WOW. You see it twice, it's just a film. I play action games sometimes, but Half Life and Deus Ex remain unsurpassed and I expect to have spare money for a newer computer in about... 4 years or so.

Yes, and I still look forward to the release of Dargul.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

robj101
    atheist
    robj101's picture
    User is offlineOffline
    NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:I'm

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

I'm horrible at video games never been my thing, but someone gave a play station when I was about 13 and it came with the old twisted metal, it's pretty much the only video game I've ever played besides that huge golden eye phase I had before that on N64, haha N64.  I remember I use to use "spektor" or something a little white car with the heat seeking missle and play on battle mode with all the other cars, never was one for levels and things, if I'm going to play a video game, it's going to be to cause random destruction.  Maybe I should pick up a PS3 or something and try some of these new games with crazy graphics and elaborate story lines.

If you are not particularly quick and talented I would recomend fallout 2 and up. Neat story line, the way you interact in the game changes the outcome and it's easy to play. Vats is awesome. I really enjoyed the 50's sci-fi post apocalyptic world that seems almost believable while you are playing it and once again, vats is awesome.

robj101
    atheist
    robj101's picture
    User is offlineOffline
    Kapkao wrote:robj101

Kapkao wrote:

robj101 wrote:
    Supposed to be similair though isn't it? The graphics suck the gameplay seems limited and boring and it's so linear it makes my eyes cross. I started out really wanting to like it too and when I do that I can usually at least play like something is good.

No, not really.

Yea it's a sandbox, looks a lot better.

Have you played "Risen" ? That one was actually pretty good and reminds me of Skyrim. I loved the first two gothic games.

robj101
    atheist
    robj101's picture
    User is offlineOffline
    Vastet wrote:Anyone else as

Vastet wrote:

Anyone else as eager as myself to see October roll around? It's been too damn long.... 10 fucking years....

On a side note...

Go 2's

• User Vastet earned 2 points! Total now is 22222 points.
  • Your Forum topic has been created.
  •  

lol

Btw we have been waiting longer for duke nukem lol.

Vastet
    atheistBloggerSuperfan
    Vastet's picture
    User is offlineOffline
    Granted. But I never liked

Granted. But I never liked that game. Doom & Wolf3D were so much better I literally couldn't sit down and play Duke.
    Uncharted 3 looks fucking awesome too. Great series.

Anyone else hear about Sony's new tv? No more split screens. Laughing out loud

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.