apb

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
apb

This game is back and free to play if anyone cares.

It's on gamersfirst.com, doesn't look like they changed it much it's still a bit choppy for me at times (my cpu doesn't quite meet specs) but it's still playable, free and has the best customization ever and this alone almost makes it worth checking out. I managed to make a character named "Atheist" on the west server ><

I'll make another pink unicorn car sometime and if I find the patience I might even make a car with an rrs badge on it lol.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Thunderios
atheist
Posts: 261
Joined: 2010-12-26
User is offlineOffline
I've got some spare time, so

I've got some spare time, so I think I can join in Smiling

Somehow I doubt there are a lot of enforcers, but I want to be one, for some reason (maybe because all the criminal women look like hookers?).


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
Well, I got the game back

Well, I got the game back when you first mentioned it.  Sadly for me, it is just enough past my current specs that I can't even get it running with dumbed down graphics.  Arrgh!

 

At least I got it on Steam, so when I get off my butt and build a new computer, I will have it.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10723
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Looks like a cool game. Too

Looks like a cool game. Too bad my pc is ancient. Of course, I have the new Mortal Kombat to play with, and it's sweet. Laughing out loud

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Looks like a

Vastet wrote:

Looks like a cool game. Too bad my pc is ancient. Of course, I have the new Mortal Kombat to play with, and it's sweet. Laughing out loud

That actually looks "neat".

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Thunderios wrote:I've got

Thunderios wrote:

I've got some spare time, so I think I can join in Smiling

Somehow I doubt there are a lot of enforcers, but I want to be one, for some reason (maybe because all the criminal women look like hookers?).

I played an enforcer on it's first launch, I didn't like the cheesiness of stun weapons but at the same time if the criminals are hanging out together they can get more kills from enforcers trying to arrest. It's actually pretty balanced as far as the population of both factions. I later made a criminal chik. Here's a video and she doesn't look like a "hooker" heh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtOgCPgH3iE but you can see my lag ><

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Thunderios
atheist
Posts: 261
Joined: 2010-12-26
User is offlineOffline
So, I suppose you can play

So, I suppose you can play together...

What server should I join then?


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Thunderios wrote:So, I

Thunderios wrote:

So, I suppose you can play together...

What server should I join then?

Far as I know there is only a west and east server for N america, I am on west. Character name is "Atheist" as I mentioned. Let me know if you get on.

 

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Thunderios
atheist
Posts: 261
Joined: 2010-12-26
User is offlineOffline
I have played for an hour on

I have played for an hour on the west server, now. I really suck at it Laughing out loud
Anyway, I'm having holidays now, so I can get on whenever I want to.

Edit: by the way, I live at GMT+2 (six hours more than the server's time). So we might need to do some calculations before we can meet properly Smiling


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Thunderios wrote:I have

Thunderios wrote:

I have played for an hour on the west server, now. I really suck at it Laughing out loud
Anyway, I'm having holidays now, so I can get on whenever I want to.

Edit: by the way, I live at GMT+2 (six hours more than the server's time). So we might need to do some calculations before we can meet properly Smiling

I'm central time.

I have a criminal named "atheist" and I made an enforcer named "nontheist" so I can play on either side, I play for an hour or so at a time usually a few times a day. (I did play for about 3 hours in a row last night while sipping on a 4 loco)

The ranking in the game is your "threat level" and mission grouping uses this to pit players against and with one another. For example My rank 3 silver criminal can be set against a couple of bronze level players or I could get matched vs a gold level with another silver or a couple of bronze players on my team. I actually like the way it's set up but we can group together and get tougher missions I think. I'm not particularly good though and I think I will float between silver 3-4, fairly mediocre but I still enjoy playing. I just started my enforcer and he is only bronze 4 I think.

Anyway we will just have to figure a way to hook up on there.

Any other takers? We could make a fun group.

edit: short story of what happened last night. I was grouped with two other players vs 2 gold level players. One of my "teammates" sends me a tell saying "just stay away we will do better without you". I replied and told him I already had 2 kills to his one and he said "just screw off dirty harry". I responded with a quaint "lol fuk you" then I teamkilled him once and went on to finish the mission with the top score

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:This game is

robj101 wrote:

This game is back and free to play if anyone cares.

It's on gamersfirst.com, doesn't look like they changed it much it's still a bit choppy for me at times (my cpu doesn't quite meet specs) but it's still playable, free and has the best customization ever and this alone almost makes it worth checking out. I managed to make a character named "Atheist" on the west server ><

I'll make another pink unicorn car sometime and if I find the patience I might even make a car with an rrs badge on it lol.

 

All Points Bulletin... wasn't this game canceled, and didn't it suck really really hardcore?

 

edit; o, ok... it was re-opened and released. k. But the jury's still out on gameplay..

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:robj101

Kapkao wrote:

robj101 wrote:

This game is back and free to play if anyone cares.

It's on gamersfirst.com, doesn't look like they changed it much it's still a bit choppy for me at times (my cpu doesn't quite meet specs) but it's still playable, free and has the best customization ever and this alone almost makes it worth checking out. I managed to make a character named "Atheist" on the west server ><

I'll make another pink unicorn car sometime and if I find the patience I might even make a car with an rrs badge on it lol.

 

All Points Bulletin... wasn't this game canceled, and didn't it suck really really hardcore?

 

edit; o, ok... it was re-opened and released. k. But the jury's still out on gameplay..

/shrug, I'm enjoying it and for me that's what counts, should be fair enough?

The main problem I had with it in the first release was the matchmaking system, I think it went by rank but you build up rank just by playing and having a high rank did not mean you were a "good" player. Now you can have a high rank but if you have failed missions often you will have a low threat level which is what the matchmaking system is now designed around and overall it seems more fair. I don't see how the gameplay sucks at all or that it ever actually did, it's one of the easiest most accessible shooters I have run across. Not nearly as fast and frantic as most yet you still have to stay on your toes. The solo play is not nearly as fun as the group play I'll grant you that but if you have or make friends in game that is very easily fixed.

It does suffer from some stuttering and slow particle load at times for me and this is my only complaint thus far but they are calling it "beta" for a reason. I suspect any game with this level of customization is going to have some hard issues to work out when it comes to cpu memory.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Thunderios
atheist
Posts: 261
Joined: 2010-12-26
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:All Points

Kapkao wrote:

All Points Bulletin... wasn't this game canceled, and didn't it suck really really hardcore?

 

edit; o, ok... it was re-opened and released. k. But the jury's still out on gameplay..

Lately I've been searching for a good game. I haven't been able to find any. I would play any game with friends, though. It's always much more fun.

robj101 wrote:
I'm not particularly good though ...to finish the mission with the top score

Right...
Anyway, I do have a headset, but I'm afraid I've got an extremely weird accent (a mish-mash between American, British, Dutch and whatnot), so I barely ever use it Smiling


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Thunderios wrote:Kapkao

Thunderios wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

All Points Bulletin... wasn't this game canceled, and didn't it suck really really hardcore?

 

edit; o, ok... it was re-opened and released. k. But the jury's still out on gameplay..

Lately I've been searching for a good game. I haven't been able to find any. I would play any game with friends, though. It's always much more fun.

robj101 wrote:
I'm not particularly good though ...to finish the mission with the top score

Right...
Anyway, I do have a headset, but I'm afraid I've got an extremely weird accent (a mish-mash between American, British, Dutch and whatnot), so I barely ever use it Smiling

I get lucky sometimes as you just witnessed heh.

And I have the squeal like a pig accent, oh well.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Thunderios wrote:Kapkao

Thunderios wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

All Points Bulletin... wasn't this game canceled, and didn't it suck really really hardcore?

 

edit; o, ok... it was re-opened and released. k. But the jury's still out on gameplay..

Lately I've been searching for a good game. I haven't been able to find any. I would play any game with friends, though. It's always much more fun.

If your barometer for good gaming is social gaming (not necessarily including the watered-down, facebook ready social game, either), you should be in luck these days. You won't like anything made by Maxis, though.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
 Why don't you try it Kap,

 

Why don't you try it Kap, it costs next to nothing.

Thunderios is in eu they have been getting randomly disconnected on this na server, I may make a character on a eu server and see if my connection there is more stable.

Edit: I started an enforcer on the EU server Obeya by the name of "Robj101" Original huh. I played for 3 hours before I got disconnected but hopefully Thunderios will have a better time on this eu server.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Thunderios

Kapkao wrote:

Thunderios wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

All Points Bulletin... wasn't this game canceled, and didn't it suck really really hardcore?

 

edit; o, ok... it was re-opened and released. k. But the jury's still out on gameplay..

Lately I've been searching for a good game. I haven't been able to find any. I would play any game with friends, though. It's always much more fun.

If your barometer for good gaming is social gaming (not necessarily including the watered-down, facebook ready social game, either), you should be in luck these days. You won't like anything made by Maxis, though.

fb games suck, its all about how many friends you can coerce into playing them.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin