God as a Man vs ???

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
God as a Man vs ???

Are the traits and thought patterns of a god really that of a man as demonstrated in the bible? I have mentioned this before but it is the main thing that led me away from religion.

I refuse to believe a god, a mystical magical being who creates universes in his spare time, thinks and acts just like a man with a man's selfish want's and needs.

This is evidence of our limited intellect ergo our limited imagination, it's so limited we can't get past ourselves.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Mr_Metaphysics (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Are the traits

robj101 wrote:

Are the traits and thought patterns of a god really that of a man as demonstrated in the bible? I have mentioned this before but it is the main thing that led me away from religion.

No.  The traits and thought patterns of man are really that of God; God created man in his image, not vice versa.  Like God, man has emotions, intellect, and morally accountable for his actions; however, man is ultimately an imperfect shadow of God.  For instance, men are intelligent, but none are omniscient; we all have abilities, but none of us are omnipotent; we can be prudent, but none of us are morally perfect.  

Quote:
I refuse to believe a god, a mystical magical being who creates universes in his spare time, thinks and acts just like a man with a man's selfish want's and needs.

Wow, what a great argument.  I reject religion because God is like man; I can't say what is wrong with that, but I'm just going to refuse to believe!  

Those silly atheists!

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Like Christians, I have

Like Christians, I have problems worshiping created beings instead of their creator.

This is why I don't worship deities. I don't worship man (the creator of gods) because we're nothing special.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mr_Metaphysics wrote:robj101

Mr_Metaphysics wrote:

robj101 wrote:

No.  The traits and thought patterns of man are really that of God; God created man in his image, not vice versa.  Like God, man has emotions, intellect, and morally accountable for his actions; however, man is ultimately an imperfect shadow of God.  For instance, men are intelligent, but none are omniscient; we all have abilities, but none of us are omnipotent; we can be prudent, but none of us are morally perfect.  

Quote:

Wow, what a great argument.  I reject religion because God is like man; I can't say what is wrong with that, but I'm just going to refuse to believe!  

Those silly atheists!

So people are like your god, well makes sense considering atheists only take that a step further.

I did say what is wrong with it, a man..superbeing poofing shit into existence and expecting us to believe that it's a magical man up there..with a beard and a throne sitting on a fukin cloud lol. Limited imagination as I mentioned, why does this god happen to have human traits? Why does he only show himself through other humans? Faith, that thing that you can't believe yet have too for this whole thing to work, untill you are dead anyway.

If there were some evidence, you know something we could see, things would be very different. But there is none and this god and his very earthly desire = not real in any sense other than as you.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin