Harold Camping going back on the air.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Harold Camping going back on the air.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
To record numbers of

To record numbers of listeners I'm sure. For an hour or so anyway. After the night shows get what they need for their monologues and the people snidely chuckling leave, obscurity will be his once more.

I think he wanted to beat 2012 to the punch, and I figure most people look at the whole thing as a practice run for next year. When nothing happens again.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
October 21, 2011 is the new

October 21, 2011 is the new date for the end. Start the countdown to backpedelling clock.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
He gonna spend another

He gonna spend another hundred million dollars to update his billboard ads? > >

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:October 21, 2011

EXC wrote:

October 21, 2011 is the new date for the end. Start the countdown to backpedelling clock.

Oct 21 is not a new date, it always was the date for the End, but Jesus was supposed to come back and start the Judgement Day interviews on May 21, along with the appropriate special effects. That's what has poor old Harold confused.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
<moved from general

<moved from general conversation to irrationalities>

Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:He gonna spend

Vastet wrote:

He gonna spend another hundred million dollars to update his billboard ads? > >

It's 1, 2, 3 strikes your out at the old ball game!

Optimism is reality, pessimism is the fantasy that you know enough to be cynical

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, if the NFL does pull

Well, if the NFL does pull it's head out of its ass and we do have a season, at least by October 21, the pain of watching the Redskins have another sucky year will be over. (Not really), but if anything makes me wish the end would come, the Redskins sucking year after year does make me wish he was right.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog