those 'gay bashing' Christians?

BookofJob
Theist
Posts: 20
Joined: 2010-04-29
User is offlineOffline
those 'gay bashing' Christians?

So God hates gays? Far from it. I would even argue homosexuality is 'normal'.....but here is the problem from the Bible's perspect. Is everything humans 'normally' do good for them? According to the Bible humans are capable of almost anything and it's 'perfectlly normal'.

If you tell someone their lifestyle is unhealthy and not good for them physically or mentally....that you love them and God loves them is that a 'hate crime' because you don't put your stamp of approval on what they do? Is it rationale to warn people about cigarettes and ignore other things just as bad or worse to life expentancy? Cigarettes have become a whipping boy in the media......and yet they selectively ignore what they want to ignore.

(and here's where you better 'follow the money'!!!....it's amazing how many worthy causes for the public good have a sack of money hanging out the back door of the get away car)

There seems to be a whole host of people today who want others to bless their choices and tell them it's ok and just as good as anything else.........why is that? If we are going to be 'rationale' then any subject should be open for debate shouldn't it...including research into the results of those choices?

This is not even really about the individual gay couple, but rather widespread condoning of homosexuality (particularly male) as just 6 of one half dozen of another. If you study history where male homosexuality has become widespread and condoned as the 'in thing' you will find some interesting facts.......that won't make it on MSNBC. 

http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/homosexuality.html

 

excerpts:

Gay bashers

There is a lot of talk these days about gay bashing, with Christians often being accused of this (I'm sure I will get e-mails from this page). However, government statistics show that homosexuals are nearly 20 times more likely to be abused by other homosexuals than by heterosexuals.9 A recent study showed that nearly one third of practicing homosexuals were abused by their partners.10

Average gay life expectancy

Early reports in the 1980's suggested that male homosexuals had an average life expectancy of less than 50 years - more than 20 years less than the overall male population. With the push for "safe" sex and improved treatments for AIDS, one would expect that the life expectancy might have increased since then. However, a Canadian study in 1997 found that male homosexuals have a life expectancy of 20 years less than the general male population (based upon a prevalence of 3% of the male population).1 Using several different measures, including life expectancy determined from obituaries, two large random sexuality surveys (in the USA and Great Britain), and a survey of those never married in Denmark, Sweden, and Norway, indicated an average age of death of less than 50 years old.2 A third study, published in 2002, found that the median age of death of 88 homosexually partnered men was 45 years, while for 118 unpartnered homosexual men it was 46 years.3 This latter study put the average life expectancy of male homosexuals nearly 30 years less than the general male population. Another study showed that, on average, ever-married men outlived the ever-homosexually-partnered by 23 years in Denmark (74 yr. v. 51 yr.), and 25 years in Norway (77 yr. v. 52 yr.) Ever-married women outlived the ever-homosexually-partnered in Denmark by 22 years (78 yr. v. 56 yr.), and in Norway by almost 25 years (81 yr. v. 56 yr.).4

How does the average homosexual lifespan compare to the average life expectancy of smokers? On average, a lifetime smoker can expect the smoking lifestyle to reduce his life expectancy by only 10 years.5 However, smoking is vigorously condemned by the medical community and press, although it reduces life expectancy by less than half of that caused by a gay lifestyle.

Conclusion Top of page

People do many things that are unhealthy. Although we allow people to do those things in the United States as a matter of freedom, we tend to discourage them from doing so - except regarding homosexuality. It is ironic that our public school system encourages students to become involved in homosexuality. In order to be consistent, I think it is time we encourage our children to start smoking and drinking as well. After all, it is just an alternate lifestyle!


 


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
lol. While you try and prove

lol. While you try and prove being gay is unhealthy, I'll just peruse the science of how there's nothing unhealthy about being gay. Once you've failed in your mission, ponder:

Do you think it's healthy for a guy/girl to have sex with someone they have no attraction to? Maybe they should become celebate priests?
Oh... wait...

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5939
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
http://www.hypersync.net/mt/2

http://www.hypersync.net/mt/2004/10/life_expectancy_of_gay_men.html

http://wthrockmorton.com/2007/04/12/only-the-gay-die-young-examining-claims-of-shorter-life-expectancy-for-homosexuals/

Some very controversial and poorly-designed studies were conducted when deaths from HIV were still very high. So what?

The Biblical condemnation is not based on genuine moral issues or concerns - thee are none when no demonstrable harm is all but inevitable, and both participants are consenting. It is based on a cultural aversion to the act, as it is with the condemnation of heterosexual 'fornication'.

The dangers are due to having many partners, whether gay or straight, in conditions where some kind of diseases are widely present and likely to be transmitted.

If it was an informed and/or honest document, which it manifestly is not, it would spell out what the real risk issues are.

It is extremely hypocritical in the religious context, since it was God who created all the disease organisms to plague us, not just the ones involved in STD's.

Religion is a perversion of true knowledge and morality.

 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1970
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
BookofJob wrote: It is

BookofJob wrote:

 It is ironic that our public school system encourages students to become involved in homosexuality.

Cite your source.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 205
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
BookofJob wrote:If you study

BookofJob wrote:
If you study history where male homosexuality has become widespread and condoned as the 'in thing' you will find some interesting facts......

I love me some facts. Let's have them.

BookofJob wrote:
that won't make it on MSNBC.

Then surely these facts have their own show on fox ?

No ?

 

 


TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
Posts: 1367
Joined: 2011-02-06
User is offlineOffline
You are a perfect example of

You are a perfect example of why Christianity is a dangerous delusion that is a safety hazard to or society and its individuals. Your brainwashed phobic hatred is reminiscent of your tyrannical god who should be sued for discrimination. Oh that's right he is all in your head so we can't take him to court. maybe someday we can cure you of the brainwashing that leads to your bigotry and hatred of others for their own life style.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hello,

AIDS originated from Africa via the JuJu men with the practice of blood sacrifice (humans and animals) and the drinking of that blood. This was documented by Isaiah Oake in 1988-89.

Anthropologists were very angry at this book and this man. They voiced their anger saying that neither of this was true. But Oake was set out to be a Top Leader in the JuJu commuity as a Witch Doctor.

He had to wear a thong every day upon his internship and he could never take it off. When he bacame a Chrisitan he described the stentch of this magical thongs.

So homosexuality(along with the hardcore occult) did originate from Africa. Which is what an atheist would expect since atheism says via evolution that blacks are inferior to whites via intelligence. Evolution traces this to Africa, so inferior beings (Black People) according to atheism would no doubt start a world wide epidemic.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


BethK
atheist
BethK's picture
Posts: 43
Joined: 2011-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:So

Jean Chauvin wrote:

So homosexuality(along with the hardcore occult) did originate from Africa. Which is what an atheist would expect since atheism says via evolution that blacks are inferior to whites via intelligence. Evolution traces this to Africa, so inferior beings (Black People) according to atheism would no doubt start a world wide epidemic.

Homosexuality exists world-wide, regardless of cultures' approval or disapproval of it. Or of religions'.

There are plenty of "hardcore occult" practices that have originated world-wide as well. Plenty of such practices have originated in India, Japan, China, the Arctic, Europe, South America, the Middle East, and on and on.

 

Also, cite your source that blacks are inferior to whites via intelligence. That notion has been thoroughly debunked long ago.

How's my proselytizing? Call 1-800-FANATIC

Beth


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 205
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
BethK wrote:Also, cite your

BethK wrote:

Also, cite your source that blacks are inferior to whites via intelligence. That notion has been thoroughly debunked long ago.

I'm pretty sure this "jean chauvin" is the resident comedy troll.

Ok to laugh at, not much point in talking to.


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi OPY

Hi OPY,

Darwin's work is the atheist bible. Darwin was agnostic (atheist with no guts) and wrote according to those pressuppositions and via the culture of racism of his time. But according to atheis, it was 100% all true to the mil science even though they say there are no absolute truth. lol. There are so many places where to start. How about via Darwins letter

Quote:
"the world the savage races. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes, as Professor Schaaffhausen has remarked, will no doubt be exterminated. The break will then be rendered wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilized state, as we may hope, than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as a baboon instead of as at present between the negro or Australian and the gorilla." (The Life and Letter of Charles Darwin, vol 2. pages 105-106).

Homosexuality is now worldwide, but the mixing of homosexuality barbarnism with blood drinking and sacrifice was it's origin.

Yes, but Isaiah Oake via his evidence is the only evidence that is logical to point to Africa via JuJu. Even anthropologist who deny this believe aids originated in Africa (or they use to). JuJu is the mother religion of VooDoo and others. VooDoo is watered down compared to JuJu. JuJu is unique to Africa.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

AIDS originated from Africa via the JuJu men with the practice of blood sacrifice (humans and animals) and the drinking of that blood. This was documented by Isaiah Oake in 1988-89.

Anthropologists were very angry at this book and this man. They voiced their anger saying that neither of this was true. But Oake was set out to be a Top Leader in the JuJu commuity as a Witch Doctor.

He had to wear a thong every day upon his internship and he could never take it off. When he bacame a Chrisitan he described the stentch of this magical thongs.

So homosexuality(along with the hardcore occult) did originate from Africa. Which is what an atheist would expect since atheism says via evolution that blacks are inferior to whites via intelligence. Evolution traces this to Africa, so inferior beings (Black People) according to atheism would no doubt start a world wide epidemic.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Let's see...

Blood sacrifice - just like Christianity.

Blood drinking - yep that too depending on the type of Christian magic you believe in. Some just like to bathe in it.

Dealing with occult forces - just like Christianity.

Racism - Darwin's attitude was also quite popular among Christians at the time - likely the only way he got published. It also doesn't invalidate Darwin's theory.

So why do you follow a religion that has more in common with Juju than it does with reality?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi JCG

Hi JCG,

You know, you're on my mind sometimes, and I pray for you. How is everything? Has somebody died recently or what? You seem very hurt.

I don't know if I should take you seriously. Your comments are so absurd, Nobody with brains could think this stuff up unless they are being sarcastic.

Blood Sacrifice is no where and has never been in Christianity. The term is refered to as human sacrifice in Oake's book, "Blood Secrets." Look it up in that University of yours if they have it. argument from silence

Blood drinking, never. argument from silence (or hurt).

God is never refered to as a force, but a person (3 persons, one nature). The force is antithetical to the personal attributes of the nature and character of God.

You're not serious with these questions. JCG, what's going on in your life? What has happened so recently that has hurt you?

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi JCG,

You know, you're on my mind sometimes, and I pray for you. How is everything? Has somebody died recently or what? You seem very hurt.

I don't know if I should take you seriously. Your comments are so absurd, Nobody with brains could think this stuff up unless they are being sarcastic.

Blood Sacrifice is no where and has never been in Christianity. The term is refered to as human sacrifice in Oake's book, "Blood Secrets." Look it up in that University of yours if they have it. argument from silence

Blood drinking, never. argument from silence (or hurt).

God is never refered to as a force, but a person (3 persons, one nature). The force is antithetical to the personal attributes of the nature and character of God.

You're not serious with these questions. JCG, what's going on in your life? What has happened so recently that has hurt you?

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Oh Jean, you really shouldn't call yourself a Christian when you've never read the Bible. It just makes you look really stupid.

Blood sacrifice - Rom. 3:25, Heb. 9:22

Blood drinking - Luke 22:20 (or do you wish to debate on the meaning of the word "is"?)

Referring to God as a force would be an insult to physics. Force does work - god does nothing.

I would be interested to know what you pray for me about - if for no other reason than to see if you are honest enough to admit if you've been praying imprecatory prayers against me. That might be impressive.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi JCG

Hi JCG,

The Jews at that time murdered Jesus (Acts 2:38). That was a perpetual sacrifice for our sins (lol). It ended with Christ. You have made the logical fallacy of equivocation along with ad hoc ergo propter hoc.

Alice Bailey uses the word force all the time in reference to demons and Lucifer. She was a satanist. The Jehovah Witness believes the Holy SPirit is a force. While God will force you into hell, He Himself is not force. Force is non-personable.

My prayer for you is that God either opens your mind to knowledge which is thus towards Him, or that He delivers you into evil (car accident, death in the family/children, poverty) so as for you to come to repentance. And I pray that if you are of the reprobate, that you may receive your due just punishment that you are stewing up while you live.

Would you have a beer with me if we met? Where are you? LOL.

So JCG, what happen? Seriously. Did your wife or kids die?

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi JCG,

The Jews at that time murdered Jesus (Acts 2:38). That was a perpetual sacrifice for our sins (lol). It ended with Christ. You have made the logical fallacy of equivocation along with ad hoc ergo propter hoc.

Alice Bailey uses the word force all the time in reference to demons and Lucifer. She was a satanist. The Jehovah Witness believes the Holy SPirit is a force. While God will force you into hell, He Himself is not force. Force is non-personable.

My prayer for you is that God either opens your mind to knowledge which is thus towards Him, or that He delivers you into evil (car accident, death in the family/children, poverty) so as for you to come to repentance. And I pray that if you are of the reprobate, that you may receive your due just punishment that you are stewing up while you live.

Would you have a beer with me if we met? Where are you? LOL.

So JCG, what happen? Seriously. Did your wife or kids die?

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Have a beer with you? Doubtful as I don't drink.

Dead wife/kids? Nope, sorry to disappoint you. I'm glad that you are honest enough to admit that you pray for God to harm people you disagree with.

Would God's backup plan to offer himself to himself have been implemented if he had not goaded the Jews to kill him/his son? You'd think God would want the credit for this - you claim he's responsible for some instances of death and evil but not others?

I do love the way you dodge the Bible when you deal with me and jump right into your desires for bad stuff to have happened to me. However, I would like to suggest that you find a more socially acceptable outlet for your sexual needs.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:BookofJob

redneF wrote:

BookofJob wrote:

 It is ironic that our public school system encourages students to become involved in homosexuality.

Cite your source.

There is none to be had?

To give him the benefit of a doubt, maybe he was attempting to mock the teaching of "cultural tolerance" -stories and whatnot used to paint an empathetic portrait of homosexuality.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
BethK wrote:Jean Chauvin

BethK wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

So homosexuality(along with the hardcore occult) did originate from Africa. Which is what an atheist would expect since atheism says via evolution that blacks are inferior to whites via intelligence. Evolution traces this to Africa, so inferior beings (Black People) according to atheism would no doubt start a world wide epidemic.

Homosexuality exists world-wide, regardless of cultures' approval or disapproval of it. Or of religions'.

There are plenty of "hardcore occult" practices that have originated world-wide as well. Plenty of such practices have originated in India, Japan, China, the Arctic, Europe, South America, the Middle East, and on and on.

 

Also, cite your source that blacks are inferior to whites via intelligence. That notion has been thoroughly debunked long ago.

I see you haven't met our resident pet theist/troll yet. Here he is, in all his splendor or lack thereof. Most of us ignore him, except when bored.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
Antipatris wrote:BethK

Antipatris wrote:

BethK wrote:

Also, cite your source that blacks are inferior to whites via intelligence. That notion has been thoroughly debunked long ago.

I'm pretty sure this "jean chauvin" is the resident comedy troll.

Ok to laugh at, not much point in talking to.

 

That is my take on him.

 

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 205
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:To give him the

Kapkao wrote:

To give him the benefit of a doubt, maybe he was attempting to mock the teaching of "cultural tolerance" -stories and whatnot used to paint an empathetic portrait of homosexuality.

I'd love to hear one of those.


 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15723
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
The theist always has to

The theist always has to back peddle away from the reality of the bigotry trying to mask it or downplay it with crappy arguments like this.

Sexuality is a RANGE not an absolute, just like hair color and height is a range.

Gays have problems because of bigots, not because they themselves are doing anything wrong.

Religion always has to be drug kicking and screaming into the future like a bratty child who cant stand that the world doesn't revolve around them.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Brian

Hi Brian,

The word theist is very ambiguous. I doubt Satanists have to back peddle on this.

Also, the term has recently changed via a meaning of racisim. For this I am not. However, historically speaking I am intolerant of views of theology that are error.

So with a qualification of race, I have no problem being a bigot. You too are a bigot since you are intolerant to Child Molestation I would hope. I'm not sure though if you're into animal husbandry (beastality).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
That's where things get fun.

That's where things get fun. To truly do the work of satan, I've been told, one has to deny the existence of god despite knowing there is a god. Hopefully one day a perfect lie detector will prove to theists that we really don't believe.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15723
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Brian,

The word theist is very ambiguous. I doubt Satanists have to back peddle on this.

Also, the term has recently changed via a meaning of racisim. For this I am not. However, historically speaking I am intolerant of views of theology that are error.

So with a qualification of race, I have no problem being a bigot. You too are a bigot since you are intolerant to Child Molestation I would hope. I'm not sure though if you're into animal husbandry (beastality).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Quote:
I have no problem being a bigot

That's obvious. Cant argue with that. I certainly may be fighting an uphill battle with you trying to explain to someone with no empathy for others why they should be ashamed of being a bigot. But true, certainly cant argue with you on that.

And for someone who said they were not going to respond to me anymore you certainly are doing a horrible job.

And as far as my "Animal husbandry" in my sig, it's called a joke moron. Did the actors in the movie "Deliverance" really fuck the guy up the ass in the movie? No, I don't think even the theists you are trying to convince how horrible of a human being you want to make me out to be, really think that.

But you are proving yourself to be the asshole "bigot" you admit to be.

Try again. I think the theists you are trying to fool are smarter than you.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Antipatris wrote:Kapkao

Antipatris wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

To give him the benefit of a doubt, maybe he was attempting to mock the teaching of "cultural tolerance" -stories and whatnot used to paint an empathetic portrait of homosexuality.

I'd love to hear one of those.

Nothing to see except "King marries another King", and stories of that sort.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 205
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Nothing to see

Kapkao wrote:

Nothing to see except "King marries another King", and stories of that sort.

I guess they can use that one to teach Arab kids all about the sultan of Oman.